1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Narae/Narin 43/44cm Mini Discussion Part 7

Apr 9, 2018

1. Ah fantastic, you were lucky I think. Great that he remembered you being interested! :) Maybe I should tell him too which head I'd prefer if he will have in the tan batch.

// EDITED: I asked him and since he doesn't offer light tan anymore, I can't buy another doll in that colour and switch the heads. Too bad I got exited about that already since he didn't say that the light tan is not offered anymore in the first message. *sigh* Well, need to do more thinking as I wouldn't want to change Bree into different colour, it would mean I should ask custom artist to replicate the face up to new face plate and I feel a bit iffy about that. I have no idea how it would make them feel.

#881 xaya, Jul 4, 2021
      Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
    2. Yay, I also snagged a 38cm body!! I chose a Mindulrae head however. Those 41cm bodies sold out in an instant but I am grateful I got one at all. I hope I will be fast enough for Narin 45cm

3. Sorry about the delay on this! I meant to do it sooner but I got distracted and then forgot. Better late than never?

Left to right: 38cm fusion body - Milk Choco resin, 41cm fusion body - new tan, classic body - light tan, 41cm fusion - new normal

[​IMG]

4. @malvinas oh thank you sooo much!!!
      as i prefer lighter tan...that milk choco look so good! again thank you for the comparison photo :D

5. @malvinas Thanks for the comparison. I like Milk choco and new tan, both would work for me as well as the new normal. I'm exited about Narin too and waiting for his body to be finished at some point. I hope it will be October so I'm getting ready for him. :)

I'll get another Narae N402 from one of the later sales this year, Bimong had sold all tan 402 heads already so I'll need to wait until he has the combo I want. Luckily my fav face up artist also showed me a green light when I asked if they could do the face up of my doll on another head. :loveI'm hoping maybe to find different head for the older light tan body later, as it would be great to have another faceplate for it.

6. Hi all!

I’m having a bit of trouble with all the bimong headsculpts, the number names seem to make it really difficult to track down infomation. The DOA reference page on Bimong isn’t super up to date and doesn’t have pictures so I thought I’d ask you all.

I’ve been looking for a mature mini boy sculpt with a mouth that is smirking or can be painted into a smirk. Not too ‘anime’ but not too realistic. I’ve seen some good Narin sculpts for this but I’m getting confused with the differences between the sculpt narin ‘classic’ and narin 401? Are they the same or different?

There seems to be quite a few discontinued Narin sculpts and not many Narin owners to ask.

All these sculpt names are hurting my brain!!! :doh

7. They're very similar but not the same. The biggest difference is the jawline, which is more prominent on the 403 (marketed as 'classic'). Otherwise they're actually kind of hard to tell apart and I can't remember if there were differences in the eyes or mouth. I took comparison photos at one point, but can't for the life of me find them right now (and I don't own a 401 myself, my friend does, tho). They're definitely not like the Narae classic (402) and open eyed (404) that are very different in the eyes and mouth. I do think the 403 is slightly manlier because of the chin, but that's about it. They should both work for the same expression, regardless of which one of the two you get.

Here's a blank photo of the 403 (with 404 Narae), if that helps at all:
      [​IMG]
      And for some kind of comparison, here's a link to some photos of my friend's 401. Would really need proper comparisons to tell the differences clearly.

8. Ah I see, so they’re very similar but the “classic” is 403! Thanks for clearing that up, your replay was pretty helpful! I feel maybe the tips of the mouths are very slightly different but as you said it’s really hard to tell, I could just be making stuff up aha. It can be hard to find blank images for the ones that aren’t currently on bimong’s website.

I actually found your friends a few days ago because I want to hybrid a narin on a different mature body and they had a post about using the Soulkid body! (I was interested in possibly model delf but their soulkid match looks good!)

9. Oh Soulkid is a wonderful idea. I was thinking my Narin needs a brother but I’d like them to have different body types. Thanks for the tip!

OH DANG AND DID ANYBODY SEE BIMONG’S NEW INSTA POST ABOUT NEW BODY V2????

10. @bliss5 I think the 401 head is a little more "delicate" than the 403 "classic" head. It seems almost like a hybrid between the female sculpts and the male sculpts to me. My 401 is actually a girl and comparing her to the blank picture of n403 that @Yenna posted her cheeks seem slimmer and her eyes are more narrow and less rounded I think.

Here is my n401 girl if it helps:

[​IMG]

11. Bimong messaged me earlier, and my Cocoro 38cm girl is shipping out today! I’m so excited

12. Yay! Mine apparently shipped yesterday as well! So excited to see your girl once she arrives!

13. Late reply but wow your girl is so beautiful!!!! So soft and romantic looking, reminds me of why I love Bimong sculpts so much!

I think the sculpts being so versatile definitely makes showing differences harder but I can see what you mean. Such a hard decision. Thanks for the reply!

14. I finally did a faceup for my 401 boy <3 he doesn't have a name or a style or anything yet, I just knew I wanted to give him a black eye. I'm in love with how he looks on the Limhwa body!

[​IMG]

15. I know it's been over a year, but can someone explain to me the differences of Bimong's classic and fusion bodies?

16. Classic is single jointed (?) with hook attatched hands as far as I know, and fusion are more engineered with double joints and magnetic hands. I hope others will tell if I got it wrong.

17. @MeiRain - @xaya is correct. The classic body is single jointed so doesn't pose as well. It also has the hook hands and feet. The fusion is much better articulated and has the magnetic hands and feet.

Was popping in because I took new pictures of my girl Waverly (n40s) and really liked this one so wanted to share!

[​IMG]

18. @malvinas, Waverly is absolutely stunning!