1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Narae/Narin 43/44cm Mini Discussion Part 7

Apr 9, 2018

1. If you click on any item like you want to view or purchase, you will see all the resin samples in the listing.

2. If I had to wait for customs, it would drive me crazy! That wait is worse that the wait while the doll is being made!

3. Oh, duh - thanks! For some reason I didn't think I could get any information from them because they were sold out (or maybe my browser wasn't working earlier, but it works now).

4. Well, I know where the color samples are because I searched on Bimong's Instagram and his Flickr because I knew I had seen it somewhere. It wasn't until I was deciding what I wanted and clicked on it that I found the samples!

5. The colour samples listed on Bimong's website are not up to date. There is now also "olive" skin, which is inbetween the light and dark tans, and "oriental", which is off white skin with a more yellow hue, in contrast to white skin which has been renamed to "pinky white" for clarity.

6. Thank you for that clarification!

Usually I am most drawn to pale skin, but I don't want all my dolls to be the same color. I have a pale Shinydoll + Unoa hybrid planned, so I'm thinking about light tan. I believe one of @rianne's gorgeous girls is in light tan skin. Ugh, it is hard to choose, especially knowing there won't be another opportunity aside from secondhand!

7. My girls are old and thus a terrible reference, but it is nice to have variety! So on that count I can help at least.

From L to R

Tanit is the old 'real' d-storic resin, September is the old D-storic ivory (from a very white rather than pink batch), Rowan is very old French resin tan. I have a d-storic French resin girl in the works too: she's basically between Rowan and Tanit's color. The closest to light tan would be Tanit (though the new color is warmer and I think a bit lighter). Olive and dark tan are both darker and warmer than any of my girls. Bimong has a ton of pics on his insta for reference too. ^^

[​IMG]

8. They are all so beautiful! Thank you for the detailed description of the colors!

I don't know what bodies will be available in the sale, but with your multi-Narae experience, do you recommend one in particular? The newest one has a lot of more joints, but the classic body has a lovely simplicity.

Edited to add:
      As far as posing, I'm not worried about crazy posing, I would just really love the pretty basics - being able to cross her arms, hug herself, being able to sit on the backs of her legs without a gap between calf and thigh, and also being able to hug her knees to her chest, etc.

The lines of the (upgraded) classic body are more graceful in my opinion, even though the new body obviously has greater flexibility. But sometimes a simpler body that poses well is better than too many joints! I just received a little 24cm Obitsu doll and I am LOVING making clothes for her because her joints stay where I put them, don't flop around, and are easy to maneuver. Whereas, the few bjds I have seen in person tend to not hold the pose, or the legs / arms go wild, which is frustrating.

Thank you again! I apologize for all the posts!

#88 StellaMarigold, Apr 30, 2018
      Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    9. It really depends on what you want your doll to do. If she will sitting or standing in lovely outfits, the classic body may br best. But if she will be a ballerina or yoga instructor you will want the new multi-jointed body.

10. If you want to kneel without a break, then you have to go double jointed. The classic body is a phenomenal poser, but that's just something a single jointed body cannot do. That said, single joints have never stoped the classic body from being amazing. September is sueded with moleskin, but nothing fancy is going on here:

[​IMG]

11. What a lovely photo!

Man, I am so torn between light tan and normal/pinky white!

Thank you for the posing information. I really prefer the appearance of the classic body, so I'm wondering if I could mod the knees to be double-jointed... I know the new body can take more poses, but I have read reviews about the arms being kicky and the legs not wanting to stand well so the body has difficulty with one-bent-leg poses, etc.

12. Light tan is very nice. The normal skin is very pale like Supia's. I haven't seen the pinky while in person. I am tempted to get a light tan or pinky white this time.

There are two versions of the new Narae body. Version 1 was quirky. I haven't played much wth the Version 2 body yet but just holding and playing with it, it seems amazing. I will try to do a review soon.

13. Oh, that's good to know! Most of the reviews I have seen for the new body were around summer 2017, so maybe the updated body was released after that? I would love a review if you have time!

14. I have the Version 1 of the new Narae body. It was awesome putting her in the ballet poses. But, when I went to stand her, she can't stand without using a doll stand. Her knees won't hold, which has been revised in Version 2. I also am not really a fan of the silicone string. I don't think it holds as well as elastic, but the joints have the wider openings for elastic. That was another revision in Version 2; narrower openings for the silicone string. So, the concerns I have with the Version 1 may not be an issue with the Version 2.

The Narae body I currently have on order is the classic. If I am able to get it on the May preorder I will order the classic.

15. Yes, I have concerns about the silicone string, too, mostly because it is not as readily available as elastic (from what I understand) and I don't know if Bimong sells it separately in the case of the string breaking. And if the channels in the new version are not wide enough for elastic, then you couldn't substitute if the string did break. Hmm...

Edited to add: do the heel feet and ballet feet fit on the Classic body as well?

16. The silicone strings in my Narae (revised New Narae body) broke, I had to replace them with normal elastic. It works, the channels are wide enough to fit normal elastic. (I don't know the diameter of the elastic I used, it was Dollshe elastic that I just had received with my second hand Amanda). I think silicone probably doesn't hold tension as well as normal elastic, it breaks too easily and my Narae came strung quite loosely (I just realized that when my Popovy doll arrived, boy they're strung tightly! And they can hold poses!). With the normal elastic I used a higher tension and she poses better than before (the knees are still a weak point though, I might have to try sueding or wiring).
      I think I saw silicone strings in bimong's shop, but now I can't find them anymore...

Edit: Oh, and I made a little test of the poses Narae is able to do, maybe it will be helpful for you, StellaMarigold? It's on my flickr, link in signature. Photos were taken before I changed the elastic.

Edit 2: Poses have to be carefully chosen and placed I think, for example her shoulders tend to go into a shrug. You can get the shoulders straight, but you have to correct the pose a lot. I guess the more points of articulation, the more work is needed because it can easily look unnatural, with single jointed bodies you don't have many options anyway so it might take less time. That's why I let my Iplehouse dolls go, their joints were annoying...

#96 MuhKuh, May 1, 2018
      Last edited: May 1, 2018
    17. My Narae with the silicone stringing is very nicely strung. It does take time and pratice to adjust all the joints. I was wandering around the house looking for a good place to pose her and take some some pictures. I really need to setup a good photo spot again!

18. I picked up a version 1 from the MP. The knees collapse forward all the time. So she is now a sitting doll. Might try to sued and wire her when I get time. I hope my version 2 is better with the upgraded knees. Sounds like I will have to get some elastic in case of silicone breakage. I will be wanting to change her hands and feet quite often.

Are the classic bodies coming with silicone stringing?? Still hope to be in on the May order.

19. I don't know if he will be using silicone stringing on the classic bodies.

I did ask if the extra hands and feet fit the classic body. The answer is the hands do but the feet do not because the ankles are different.

20. Thank you for that confirmation, @nancy_schroeder_ca - I'm sorry the feet don't, since I'm more interested in feet than extra hands, but at least we know now.