1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

NarinDoll - New Dolls and Items

Aug 20, 2004

1. I'd like to send in the order by the end of the week. I have a few Tattoo dolls that will need to get going because of the time it takes to paint them. I thought I'd add in some of the regular dolls if anyone is interested in jumping in with this smaller order. Another one will go in early January as well if that would work better for you.

There is Christmas and New Year's in Korea as well, so I don't really want to swamp them when I know they will be on holidays as well.

Anyone who needs something, please PM me.
      Catrina

2. Know what? They haven't sent them yet. I really don't want to mention those now to them because they're busy finishing up making this first order.
      The 60 cm faceplates are also not on their main site. I think they got too sidetracked with domestic/ our order and just had to prioritize.

Last news I had on them was they'd be ready "the first of December"...

I'll keep you posted.. I'm dying to see them as well. There will be three optionals: 1/3 eyes open, 2/3 eyes open, sleep and the open eye. Any one of these can be ordered with a default doll, or you can one at a future time if wanted.
      Catrina

P.S. I just heard from girlsofair. Gavin arrived today, and she dutifully placed the box in her husband's office. From there he goes under the tree.

3. Great News--

I just got an email from Narin and they are shipping two more cases of dolls.

That's 16 more...

I got EMS numbers today for both boxes... so here we go again....

Here's the unfortunate part-- that is not every doll in this order.

In the grand scheme of BJD ordering, I think they've been pretty quick --especially considering how custom these dolls are. I wish they could just send everything all at once, but they are coming from an artist's studio and he's only going to let things go when they are perfect.

From this point on, I will not be able to tell in advance whose doll is coming (only the holiday orders were specially marked). When they arrive (hopefully by next Weds?) I will contact the owners and (yes) if you want to upgrade to overnight that is no problem. In the last shipment there were several who asked to get them next day.

Get ready for some more dolls.... :D
      Catrina

Further updates: I am having the letter translated because it appears there is talk of the final shipment being sent next week? So hang on...
      Here's the acceptance EMS. It went in at this point Korea time:

Your item was accepted in KOREA REP OF on December 16, 2005 at 12:41 pm. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

4. NEWS FLASH--

Just got the letter back from my translator. Guess what?
      They are attempting to ship the ENTIRE REST OF THE ORDER on Monday.
      (not sure if that means Tattoo, too. Will let you know when I know)

So we have dollies in the air now...:D

And more soon to be....:D

HURRAY:D

There is a Santa!! :D

Catrina

5. Oh cripes, I'm sure it's not a spray on tan :D But just to set your fears aside, I will ask them. They may smack me though LOL.

It will be cool to get the first tanned dolls and take a look. If I can get permission from their new owners, I can take some pictures. I like to do this with NO flash as well as with flash, because sometimes you can't really get the look you want with the flash zapping off too much color.

I am not sure how epoxy would bond to the French resin. I agree it would be best if you could just do the mods to the existing ears. Should have an answer soon for you.

Catrina

6. Monday am update--

The EMS numbers of the latest batch are unchanged... still showing the 2 cases left Korea on 12:00 noon of the 16th, and leaving the country at 3 am on the 17th.

No news on email from Narin about the final shipment. Maybe tonight?

I'm thinking the boxes that left last week will arrive maybe tomorrow or Wednesday. The last ones took 6 days... I have to remember this is the holiday season all over the world and delivery is not as snappy as usual :-)

I'll be getting those final faceup invoices out today... when they do the final shipment we owe the faceup reimbursement to them for those who got custom face paints. If you owe for a facepaint, watch for a Paypal invoice.

It was hard to sleep last night thinking about the dolls coming....I'm so excited to see the ones on the way.

Catrina

7. To quote Stimpson J. Cat: "JOY....."

I just got an email from Korea, and there were another EIGHT EMS NUMBERS.

That's TEN BOXES OF LOVELINESS on its way from Korea, everyone.

"Fly Dollies, FLY!" :D

I am sending it along to my translator to get the whole story on what is coming. It's so exciting! Ack! This could be the final shipment!

I think the two cases shipped on the 16th could come as early as tomorrow.
      Then the ones shipped today may arrive on Saturday. I'll do my best to turn around those boxes coming soon within 24 hours. If your doll is in the first 2 cases, domestic delivery could get it to you by this weekend.

I know the rest of you didn't specify Christmas delivery, but if you get something on Saturday I will email you... and will send you lots of photos to tuck into your stockings. :D So it will be the next best thing to getting them then.

OK, off to get that letter translated. I'll post more tomorrow : - )
      :D yays!
      Catrina

8. It's confirmed now by my translator....

This is it! The rest of the order is now enroute. I'm so excited for the new owners whose dolls are now on the plane.

Fly dollies, fly! :D

I don't know how Christmas will impact EMS schedule. I'm hoping they will get here at least by Saturday, but let's no be disappointed if they appear on the 26th.

Again, if they come on the 24th, I will of course be happy to snap some pictures for anyone who wants a peek. How fun!

**This is going to be a GREAT week*** :D

Catrina

9. Just checked it:

Detailed Results:

Foreign International Dispatch, December 17, 2005, 3:22 am, SEOUL, KOREA REP OF
      Foreign Acceptance, December 16, 2005, 12:41 pm, KOREA REP OF

Seems our guys are caught up in the Christmas Crunch. I have had things like this track, where all of a sudden they arrive and you never see the Customs clearance part. They have to be in Chicago International now..

fly dollies, fly! :D
      Catrina

10. RESIN AND HAND INFO:

Dechanique had asked about the tanning resin, wanting to be sure it's tanned thru and thru so she can do her ear mods. GOOD NEWS.. I just heard from their Prez, and he says that all the dolls are colored the same to the core-- the color is in the resin and not put just on the outside. I wanted to be extra sure about that.. so I asked.

ALSO
      I will be able to order and get replacement hands for anyone who needs a set (accidents, or if you want to modify one set and have another set on "hand..")
      43 cm hands (by the pair) $40
      60 cm hands (by the pair) $50

I will try to keep the popular colors in stock.

No boxes yet today in the mail. I'm so impatient with my mailman.
      I force a smile when I greet him, but he knows... he will soon have to heft 10 boxes into my doorway.

Catrina

11. YES! YES!!
      Inbound Out of Customs, December 21, 2005, 11:15 am
      Inbound Into Customs
      Inbound International Arrival, December 21, 2005, 9:45 am, Chicago (O'Hare) AMC

This is for the two boxes sent last week... wow, look how slow holiday shipping is for EMS now. But hey, progress is progress...

*whistling a happy tune*
      Catrina

Update on final shipment (8 boxes group)
      Foreign International Dispatch, December 20, 2005, 12:39 am, SEOUL, KOREA REP OF
      Foreign Acceptance, December 19, 2005, 4:36 pm, KOREA REP OF
      I'm thinking these guys may take til Monday... but they are moving along!

12. NEWS-- tracking shows that the 2 case batch arrived in Cleveland this morning at 9:42. It was being forwarded to my branch office. I'm headed over there now to sniff around incase they can load them into my van.

OK, I'm back now. They are enroute between the main PO and our branch. So definitely tomorrow morning. They weren't at the branch yet.... the poor guys checked everywhere.

There are 8 more boxes enroute... if your doll isn't in these 2 boxes, please don't worry. I suspect most of the 60 cm 's are in the 8 box batch due to their size and weight.

Catrina

13. FINAL SHIPMENT (8 boxes) TRACKING UPDATE
      This will be the final boxes, most of the 60 cm dolls due to size and weight they cannot go in cases:

box one:
      Inbound Out of Customs, December 22, 2005, 10:23 am
      Inbound Into Customs
      Inbound International Arrival, December 22, 2005, 3:13 am, Chicago (O'Hare) AMC
      Foreign International Dispatch, December 20, 2005, 12:39 am, SEOUL, KOREA REP OF

box two:
      Inbound Out of Customs, December 22, 2005, 10:50 am
      Inbound Into Customs
      Inbound International Arrival, December 22, 2005, 4:01 am, Chicago (O'Hare) AMC

box three:
      Inbound Out of Customs, December 22, 2005, 10:21 am
      Inbound Into Customs
      Inbound International Arrival, December 22, 2005, 4:22 am, Chicago (O'Hare) AMC

box four:
      Inbound Out of Customs, December 22, 2005, 10:21 am
      Inbound Into Customs
      Inbound International Arrival, December 22, 2005, 4:22 am, Chicago (O'Hare) AMC

box five:
      Inbound Out of Customs, December 22, 2005, 11:17 am
      Inbound Into Customs
      Inbound International Arrival, December 22, 2005, 6:29 am, Chicago (O'Hare) AMC

box six:
      Inbound Out of Customs, December 22, 2005, 10:48 am
      Inbound Into Customs
      Inbound International Arrival, December 22, 2005, 4:00 am, Chicago (O'Hare) AMC

box seven:
      Inbound Out of Customs, December 22, 2005, 11:16 am
      Inbound Into Customs
      Inbound International Arrival, December 22, 2005, 5:47 am, Chicago (O'Hare) AMC

box eight:
      Inbound Out of Customs, December 22, 2005, 11:16 am
      Inbound Into Customs
      Inbound International Arrival, December 22, 2005, 6:29 am, Chicago (O'Hare) AMC

These eight boxes could come as early as tomorrow, but most likely on Saturday.

The previous two should arrive tomorrow:
      They are now "enroute!"
      Enroute, December 22, 2005, 3:50 pm, CLEVELAND, OH 44181
      Forwarded, December 22, 2005, 9:41 am, CLEVELAND, OH
      Inbound Out of Customs, December 21, 2005, 3:31 pm
      Inbound Into Customs
      Inbound International Arrival, December 21, 2005, 12:09 pm, Chicago (O'Hare) AMC

:D :D :D :D
      Catrina

14. OK, start doing the mail truck dance everyone.

The 8 boxes that cleared customs are all showing up like this, so we could
      actually get all of them today! Maybe!

Check out this change from last night:
      Enroute, December 23, 2005, 7:09 am, CLEVELAND, OH 44181
      Inbound Out of Customs, December 22, 2005, 10:23 am
      Inbound Into Customs
      Inbound International Arrival, December 22, 2005, 3:13 am, Chicago (O'Hare) AMC

:D I didn't sleep a wink last night
      Catrina

15. The day has arrived!

ALL TEN BOXES are safely here....

Fun story: the EMS van pulled up and the postal workers thought someone had moved back from Korea with all their possessions.

"No, it is all dolls!" :D Of course, I got some weird looks, ahahha! Then when I started snapping pics inside the van, well... God, this woman is a nutjob!! :D

This appears to be the entire first pre-order. Due to the time of day now, and the holiday, my plan is to get everything mailed Monday. So all of you should have your items mid-week. Even if I killed myself tonight and managed to ship tomorrow, shipping will be shut down soon enough at USPS.
      Due to the fact everything came almost at once, even getting them out Monday will be huge, but we can do it.

I will begin processing the boxes and contents. Everything will be checked before it is shipped to you. If you want digital photos, please let me know if you want them on the thread or privately emailed to you.

Wow everyone, they are here! I want to thank all of you for sharing this fun adventure with me. The Narin people have been so great to work with , so friendly... and you guys have been so enthusiastic and appreciative of their art. I feel like the luckiest person ! *sniff*

OK, off to open the boxes now. The beauty awaits.
      Catrina

16. 60 cm Narin and Narae are not limiteds, and have only just been introduced.
      The ones you saw here were the first shown from the West I believe. Along with being gorgeous, don't forget they also have 3 other optional heads with different expressions. A huge investment was made in them -- this year making those amazing bodies along with four heads for each. I feel they will be available for awhile but I can't say how long.

I did get one blank head sleeping Narae 60 in this shipment, which I may photograph. I was wrong about the optional face parts-- you get the whole head, front and back part, which connect with magnets. Each head has its own head plate, and you get a signed by the artist (Bimong) authentication certificate with a seal for each head you buy. It's very cool :D

17. Shipping update-- most were mailed yesterday, but we will be getting the rest of them out today. We did make a big run to the airport post office last night at 10:30. My husband was really nice to help out with carrying them.

They are going Priority and you must sign for them due to the insurance.
      I have been opening each one and having to unwrap them to be sure there was no damage, then re-wrap and pack. That's been taking a bit longer than I planned, but all will be gone today.

OK, back to it!
      Catrina

18. Hello Everyone,
      ALL DOLLS MAILED OUT before 5 pm today. HURRAY!

Around noon I couldn't believe it, but I had to call in some help because I was making progress but not as much as I'd planned.... So by the end there were 5 people here helping with packing, taping, shipping labels from the USPS. I did check each doll myself for damage and compared them to the orders you placed. Everything was okey dokey except we had one little finger break on the trip from Korea-- but luckily I bought a doll similar to it, so he had a quick operation and now that owner's doll is in perfect shape.

Some notes: The Korean shoes rock. They are high quality leather and smell soooo good. Very high quality construction and great fashion. I only charged Korean retail for the ones I brought in, but the EMS charges pretty much put me in the hole so I might have to mark those up slightly in the future. Still, you will JAW DROP when you see how beautifully they are made, and such lovely quality leather. Wish they came in my size, hee hee. If you have seen the shoes on YJ! from Korea, you know what I mean about how nice they are made, and how stylish.

Narin Creative still doesn't have photos of the 60 cm faces, but they are available for purchase.

I got to see so many of the dolls again today, and they were just lovely-- I was in a beauty overload at times, opening box after box and just being so amazed at how gorgeous they are. Lovely, lovely work. :D

I can't wait to see your posts in the next few days as you get your dolls. They can't wait to meet you and join your doll families!
      Catrina

19. Hello everyone,
      There are no company photos yet of the new 60 cm Narae optional heads from Narin Creative of Korea. So I have taken some myself for your viewing pleasure.

These are available in all four colors: snow white, pinky white, golden beige, and tanning. They come blank by default, but you can have them customized by Narin's two famous artists: Basic Line, who has a big following in Korea and on Yahoo Japan, and Kim Kyu Yun, who is famous in Korea and does most of the high-end LE doll faceups for Narin Creative.

[​IMG]
      These are three of the heads in pinky white color.
      The open eyed head is customized by Basic Line and was made as a model for us.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

See in this last photo how the light goes through their heads,
      making them very luminous and "glowy" in nature. Just like human skin! All the heads and bodies as well are made of French resin, which is quite expensive to do, but gives you a superb quality and texture to the doll.

[​IMG]
      This is the inner construction of the heads. You can see the magnet at the top which secures
      the front part to the back. What you are getting is basically two half heads-- rather than some head types, which have a "faceplate" or a big front part and a "headcap." It's very simple to change faces-- just push the front of the head up and out, and slip another one in until it clicks into place.

Please respect the mods wish to keep threads on topic-- if you ask any other questions about these dolls or have comments, please include a mention of the heads above so we can stay legal here.
      ((hugs to Karen Vail on the arrival of her LE Custom Tattooed Narin 60cm,
      which is the first ever one to arrive in the West from Korea. Congrats Karen! Check him out in the Gallery section now))

Catrina

P.S. I had a question about the eyelids-- if you look closely, there are slight grooves in the eyelid sculpt that you can use to make eyelid lines when you paint.

20. Bonjour DesDisques....

They are both! When you get an optional head, it comes in two parts.. front and back. The optional heads all have a numbered head plate in back, and each also comes with a snazzy certificate hand numbered and personally signed by the artist with a gold seal.

To change the heads, you only need change the front half of the head. The heads attach magnetically (for both 43 cm and 60 cm). They slide down in front and click in place. I should mention that these same head expressions are available for both 43 cm Narin, 43 cm Narae, as well as 60 cm Narin.

Catrina