1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

NarinDoll - New Dolls and Items

Aug 20, 2004

1. Hi everyone,
      I've gotten a few emails about what's going on with the Narin site in Korea.
      Luckily their management has been keeping me posted. They had to retool it to get their Korean payment system linked in, and here is the totally great news:

new products coming... wigs, hair jewelry, shoes, clothing, even a great chair.

Unfortunately, those wanting to see their kewl Shoes Story high fashion Korean leather shoes are out of luck for a few days until those get reloaded. I will be posting links soon. And as soon as I get price lists, I am able to get any of these products for you.

Yum yum! I also found some great new faceups done for Narin male dolls.
      Any faceup on the site is available from the same artists who did the photo models. That Narin is going to break a million hearts, let me tell you.

Links and cool stuff coming. You can visit the site now at www.narindoll.com

PM me if you see anything that speaks to you.

Catrina

2. Here are some tasty new faceups from Kim Kyu Yun, a famous Korean artist who does faceups for the Narin Creative company. It's almost impossible to find on the new site, due to lack of English menus. These faceups are available on any default doll for an extra fee, or he will also faceup a blank head for you in any of these styles at your request.

He's one handsome devil! I love Kim Kyu Yun's style.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

faceup detail. Kim Kyu Yun is famous for his use of soft pastels to
      make faces very alive.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this faceuped doll is showing the one of the new wigs available from their
      online store. I hope to be able to offer them soon in this SD size.

[​IMG]

3. *dies* I want my Narin nowww... ugh, where's a money tree when I need one? Or layaway? Or a winning lottery ticket?? I'm so hopelessly in love. He really is too perfect. :love

I do have a question--that suit coat in the first pic. Will that ever be available for sale, or is it part of a special limited outfit? That's perfect for my boy, right down to the scarlet handkerchief. :D

~Kalmia

4. Hi Kalmia,
      I know, I know. But I just can't help showing pictures of this gorgeous boy when there are new ones just waiting to be seen!

The suit coat I think I saw with other 60 cm clothes on the site previously. They are now hooking up their site to a Korean shopping cart system (not for us unfortunately). But once they get all the clothes and new things loaded, it's going to be fun! I will be able to order all these things for you. So yes, answer is... I don't think it's a limited outfit... and it should be available soon.

I'm so impressed with the new 60 cm dolls. I had them make a couple for me as models, and they are outrageously lovely and pose so well. I got my girl easily into a kneeling stand today (no sideways feet). The resin is every bit as lovely as you hear about... it just glows and looks so lifelike. If you get one of these, I highly recommend their faceup artists, who have done such gorgeous dolls as WLF's Kitsune boy and the Tattooed Flame owned by Karen Vail.

Thanks for checking out the Narin boys everyone! I know they enjoy getting all the cute whistles!
      Catrina

5. Yep! Don't they look like they are straight out of a cool 1960's space show... like Fireball XL or something? Can't imagine NASA designing anything that mod for our Shuttle crews. Anywhere these guys go in the universe, they just blow away the aliens with their fashion sense. :D

Thanks for showing us those Rin. They are both LE-10 dolls, available for sale now.

Catrina

6. Paul, Anything you want on the Korean site, I can get for you at the same price as in Korea. And, you only pay domestic shipping from here in the US.

To reserve an LE doll, I just email in a request to reserve one of the LE numbers. Once I get the confirmation, I can have it made for you. LE dolls generally take a little longer to arrive than the default dolls. Maybe 4 weeks rather than 2-3.

: - )
      Catrina

7. OK twist my arm *OW OOO!*
      $1,150

They are LE-10 like Flame, whereas the Warrior Girl is LE-1 (world unique).

She is in a glass case now with Warrior Narin, in the Seoul Narin Gallery.

They've had a little trouble with her. At night she bashes open the glass box and they both run around trying to find someone to fight them. I think she just needs a loverboy.

See here-- they are a tourist attraction in Seoul.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Catrina

8. Hey Dech--
      I think that they have had a focus on the 60 cm dolls because they just came out in November. And, with four colors and four different head options to boot! All that work-- I suspect they wanted to launch the new Narin Creative with the new 60 cm dolls in the forefront. However, they do sell a lot of the 43 cm dolls, and have made a huge effort with them, even shipping them sanded and finished. And, their promotional movie features the smaller dolls (see that movie and translated article about it in the General Discussion area. )

Other reasoning could be-- domestic competition, and all that jazz that I know nothing about. I think there will be more of them customized in the future (such as the Magical Narin and Narae which just came out last week).

I have a 43 cm couple myself... and I think they are awesome! The resin and posing ability is only appreciated when seen in person.

Catrina

9. Those are lovely! I REALLY want a space helmet for a doll, it's so hard to find appropriate bits of spherical clear plastic though. Bah.

10. How about a clear plastic Xmas ball? You can get them in a crafts store here and they break in half to fill your ball with glitter and ornaments. I'll bet that would make a pretty cool space helmet. You could get a lot of them now, with Xmas sales.

Catrina

11. Any full body pics of the Narin and Narae in the space uniforms? Would like to see how the pants and shoes look, and the overall fit of the uniforms - thanks Alex

12. Hey Nathankatt, you can just go to http://www.narindoll.com/

and they have links to the full size pics right on the main page.

Paul :)

13. Yeah, I should go to see if that would work! Even if I could just get 3/4 or a sphere I could make something workable.

-Nadja

14. Hi everyone!

Well.. finally released and never before seen... The new male Narin 60 cm optional faces.

These come blank, but can be customized according to your wishes... yourself or Narin's artists

Price is $220 each + shipping from USA ($5) I will be reloading heads on my web site soon so you can order them. I ship worldwide and you can order from me also in French or Japanese.

ALL OPTIONAL HEADS-- available in 4 colors:
      snow white, pinky white, golden beige, and tanning, no extra charge.
      They are shown here with light makeup and eyelashes so you can see their
      features better. Photos show the color "pinky white."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

here is the new 1/3 eyes Narae 60 head.. also blank for default
      [​IMG]

Open eyed heads are also available, same cost, and in all 4 colors and in both 43 cm and 60 cm size.
      Each head comes in a box with a sealed and hand signed certificate by the artist, Bimong. Each head has its own head plate and is numbered in the series.

Custom face paint is available by request for additonal cost, and we will help you match your current doll's face colors to your new head's colors.

Current customized heads can be seen on DOA: 43 cm Naomi's sleep face (Gallery--Photostories) was customized to match Naomi's open eye face by famous artist Kim Kyu Yun of Korea. 60 cm Sleeping Norma Jean (Gallery) was customized by DOA's own PamSD of California! The amazing Marilyn Monroe face is a 2/3 open eye face also customized by PamSD. These sculpts are amazingly versatile and no two dolls ever seem to look like they are the same doll!

If you have any questions, please post them here!
      I can also be reached at [email protected]

Go Narin Creative! Thanks for giving us this treasure trove of doll possibilities!
      Catrina

15. I would imagine it's by body number (complete doll).

Actually what really limits the doll, from what I was told by Narin, is the lifespan of the molds. At around 1,000 it's kaput unless they go and make a whole new silicon mold.

16. Hi Gabriele,
      I ship Narin dolls and accessories to Germany.
      Here is the Marketplace thread to see more photos:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42850

Here are two default naraes 60 and 43-
      This default 43 cm Narae has a 2/3 eyes closed optional face part (see above for more information on optional heads).

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

I think they look best together the same size though :D
      [​IMG]

If you need to see any more photos, please ask!
      Catrina

17. Yes, many people order faces blank. In the ordering process, you get to choose in a drop-down menu area which face paint option you like--
      choose one of two artists, default paint, or blank.

PamSD chose blank for both her 2/3 eye option and sleep faces. She had some special plans for customizing them herself. Her Marilyn Monroe is in Gallery as it goes through its incredible transformation.

Catrina

18. The 60 cm Narin and Narae cannot swap heads due to their construction.
      But they both have four optional heads, so there is a lot of variety.

Yet the 43 cm Narin and Narae CAN swap heads (and I've had several buyers get a Narae with an extra optional Narin head, and vice-versa.).

Good head question, thanks
      Catrina

19. OK this may be a dumb question....... but why is there a hole in the back of the head?

Rin