1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help in resin matching..odd request?

Mar 14, 2007

1. ok,I recently received a BF Old skin Blossom body from Akara this week..{you probably seen my FS thread} well it didn't work out so I need to rehome it...and it looks like no one is really interested...I am thinking of putting it on ebay this weekend..but unfortunately I don't know what resin it will match..{other than an Old skin BF head} could some one tell me what other resins/makers will it match?? in case I get a question...because I honestly don't know/haven't seen that many different dolls.

any help would be appreciated...

2. It matches Volks resin well enough.

3. thanks!! is that the old skin or the new ones??

4. Ok, I have posted a forsale thread for the Old skin Blossom body I just received from a Doa Member..as it doesn't match the head I was going to use, {I have since sold the head as of today}...
      so my question is, what do some of you think I should do with it?? It doesn't seem to be of any interest to anyone on here..as it sat in the other members FS thread for a while...is that no one has any dolls it would match??

Obviously I would like to sell it to recoup my lost funds on it or I had another idea...

take my poll and let me know what you think I should do with it..

Should I:

keep it on the forum and keep trying to sell it?:sweat
      Send it to evilbay and see what happens?:atremblin
      keep it for a while and not bumping the thread hoping someone might be looking for one and then PM them?:sneaky
      Get a head for it and dye them both a cool color? List the color you think would be fun. {very tempting:cool: }
      sell it for parts {it's not a car! :huh?: }
      toss it in the trash.:aeyepop:

5. Oh gosh....if it were me....I'd do the dye job. Blue.

6. I think the best thing to do is just keep it here and bump it once a day. You never know, maybe tomorrow somebody will hop into your thread and sees the body and wants it.
      Also, try e-bay (I assum you meant evilbay with that XD), you'll have more audience with that. (I mean, if they sold there an air-guitare, then I'm sure somebody will also buy your body! -not literally!-).

7. You've got some amazing handmade dolls on your website so I think you would be able to do wonders if you'd do the dye job option. It would be the best use of your creativity and who knows... maybe someone would be interested in buying it as a customized doll instead of just a body. :) Good luck with your decision!

9. i say keep it and do a dye job! you could find a nice head and maybe it'll be one of your favorite dolls! :)

10. Tiggtea-- yeah I really need to sell it to pay back the money I used,..ebay..just what I said..evilbay;)

Janako-- thanks so much..I have dyed one doll..my now famous..or infamous Horny the little devil...and I thought if everything else fails at least I could have a unique doll..and you are right..someone might be more inclinded to buy her...any color choices??

11. Oh, here is another thought. A body like that is almost crying out to become a cat-girl. Drop a magnet into the tush so you can put on a magnet-hold tail, maybe do a paint or dye job on the whole body for a Siamese or a tabby or even a lion-color or a black panther.....

12. another enabler..LOL I was thinking a Nara elf.....colors?

13. Make your own custom cat head for it. Because there just aren't enough cat dolls out there!!! And then dye it green.

14. ah good suggestion but I already did that with a Mau head and DZ body with a permanent tail....thanks though!!!

15. thanks!! I have a Mau/modded DZ into a siamese doll...and I have a Petdoll Ant ordered....umm green cat?? ...

16. Well what colour is the body? if its normal skin tone a light blue may not work. I suggest a green ^_-

17. yeah I saw that head..I already spent $260 on the body..if I get a head it will be cheaper..like a KD head.

18. If it were me......I would get a really inexpensive head, go with a full dye job and do an over the top fantasy mod. Maybe a unicorn girl? Forehead horn and a long silky tail made from wig hair? You could use a spiral shell for the unicorn horn.

19. oohh now there is a thought!! and I have some of those shells too...thanks!! ooh I read a book that had a centaur girl who only had front legs of a horse, no tail but horse fuzz....oohh I could mod some horse hooves....oohh now the wheels are turning..
      but what would be considered an inexpensive head..most are at least $85..