1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Negative Feedback for Ricky Doll

Jul 10, 2009

1. Do we have any updates on the progress of this yet? I haven't heard anything useful back from paypal or Ricky as of yet. What about anyone else?

2. I haven't heard from Paypal since the email I got on the 26th, but I didn't expect to. I forwarded the email I got from them to Ricky, who responded to the effect that she was trying to work things out with Paypal.

If I don't hear from Ricky with an update early next week I'll email and ask for one.

3. I've been out of computer distance but I didn't see anything in my email. I guess I need to put them on the list of calls to be made this week.

4. I found out there's an Australian call centre. So I'm going to make a call tomorrow morning to see what I can sort out.

5. It's been 2 1/2 weeks since I heard from Ricky. I have neither a refund nor an explanation of why I don't have a refund. I've emailed both Ricky and Paypal requesting an update.

6. I also emailed her about 2 days ago. Sadly, I'm beginning to think we are seriously screwed here.

7. I got an email from Ricky on the 13 August.

I don't know what we can do about this?

8. I got it as well...I'm thinking we're screwed. I wonder if GE Money would go after PAYPAL for the refund.

9. Okay guys!! I called paypal and got something USEFUL out of them!!! I got someone that also spoke ENGLISH this time so it was a lot better! SO. Here is what I found out:

Ricky can't send us funds BUT PAYPAL can issue us refunds from her paypal balance if she sends them an email authorising them to. So what I did was send Ricky an email telling her EXACTLY what she needed to do to make paypal resolve this (since it was specific and there is no branch in korea that speaks her native language, I simply wrote it for her to paste in). This is what I wrote:

I will see if this actually allows me to get a refund and I'll post back here and let you guys know so you can do the same thing.

10. Fantastic!! Thanks! I'll be waiting to hear!

11. gridbug, did you have any success getting a refund?

12. May I page Ricky of Rickydolls? If not I apologize for any inconvenience and please delete this.

That February I bought a head from her, that was posted to be shipped about mid April. April came and went no doll, I sent her an email in May and she said there were delays but it would ship shortly. Again in June I emailed her and again she sent me the exact same letter down to the typos.

Early in July, three of us in the waiting room became impatient and started demanding refunds. We opened disputes with Paypal, all of which were closed immediately. We were told to wait the dolls were coming. And she DID ship out the dolls, except to the three of us wanting refunds.

I recieved and email saying she'd refund us. A few days later I recieved another email saying she couldn't refund us because Paypal had frozen her account and I needed to contact Paypal. Which I did, and I believe the other two did as well. Paypal, of course, told me that Ricky would have to contact them.

At least a month ago, I emailed Ricky and offered to take a head in lieu of a refund, apologizing for causing her trouble. Also about a month ago, gridbug emailed Ricky with instruction on how to refund us our money. I have not heard from her and to my knowledge either has gridbug.

It has been two months since she offered to refund us our money and still nothing.

13. Did you purchase the head via DoA? Through a thread in the Marketplace?

14. I did not, which is why I wasn't certain I could page her.

15. It's possibly worth mentioning that I ordered from Ricky as a direct result of her advertising her preorder on DOA.

That said, I haven't heard anything either. I emailed Ricky asking her again to refund me and suggested that she do it via bank transfer if necessary. She has now had $270 of my money for over 7 months, which is totally unacceptable. I've been waiting two months for a refund. The worst part is that she KNOWS how to refund our payments but chooses not to.

I can't even express how disappointed and disgusted I am with Ricky's conduct in this transaction. She's shown no consideration for her customers at any point.

16. Thank you, chibaraki, for stating that information! So, what's known now is that the three of you have not received your purchases nor refunds? The last time Ricky was on DoA was 25JUL. But she has since contacted at least one of you via email. Please feel free to keep this thread updated! The mods will discuss.

17. I just received thie email from Ricky:

Sigh Frankly I'm thinking she's NOT understanding what Paypal wants her to do.

18. I got the same email. Possibly she emailed all of us in response to me emailing her.

Ricky is actually fairly prompt about responding to emails. Unfortunately all of her responses boil down to the same thing: She can't refund us.

19. I'm thinking a chargeback is the only way any of us will see any money. Let the bank go after Paypal and Paypal go after Ricky...

20. All right, I've just emailed Ricky and asked her to send me the money via Western Union. The WU site is in KOREAN which means she'll understand what to do to send the money to me from one of her local agents. There's no excuse for her not to agree to solving it this way, so I'm going to see what she says to it.