1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Negative Feedback for Ricky Doll

Jul 10, 2009

1. I was NOT feeling well when I emailed her and a slight case of holiday induced depression didn't help. And I admit to being curious about how she'd respond.:lol:

But I HAD offered in Sept or so to take a head in lieu of a refund, since that is what I'd orginally ordered. So no holding my breath but hopefully we're getting somewhere here.

2. I emailed Ricky but I haven't heard anything back... I'm assuming no one else has either?

3. I emailed her for an update today as well, I'm waiting for a response.

4. Thinking about it today but haven't heard anything.

5. And so it goes. Another two weeks, and still no contact. Ricky has now had my money ($270) for ONE YEAR.

Interestingly, she has several items for sale on Yahoo!Japan. I think at this point it's probably too much to hope that she'll use the proceeds from those sales to refund the people she owes money.

I emailed her again, for all the good it'll do.

6. I still haven't had a reply yet, either. I sent an email to her other account, so I'll see if that works.

7. Ricky contacted me today and said she had a Helios head that she would ship to me. I said that I would be happy for this as a resolution to our transaction and requested a tracking number. After that, she emailed me back and I have received the tracking number. I will have to wait a while for it to start working, but hopefully the head should be here by Friday.

I will post back here with how this turns out.

8. She emailed me to offer to send me a head in lieu of a refund as well. I no longer want the head but to be honest I think it's the best resolution I'm likely to get so I'm probably going to take it.

9. That's how I took it as well. I'm just going to put the head right onto the MP and try and sell it. I just wanted it to be over.

10. I got my head today. He came in decent condition and well packed. After AN ENTIRE YEAR this is finally over for me. Never again. Transaction resolved.

11. Thought that I would post this. Looks like there's another pre-order period now.

12. Yes, I noticed that. Hopefully people won't have the issues we had with Ricky and Ricky has learned to communicate with her buyers better. This is probably why she had the extra heads on hand to compensate us.

I'm still waiting to hear on whether or not chibaraki resolved her issues with Ricky. Once that happens this thread can finally be locked and archived for reference.

13. She shipped out the Helios head and it's at my post office, but I've been at a seminar all day since it got there so I won't be able to pick it up until probably Tuesday. Assuming nothing untoward happened to it in transit, I'm done.

I do have to admit that I'm pretty ticked off that Ricky's paypal is somehow not able to refund my payment but is juuuuust fine to accept other people's payments. How mysterious. 9_9

14. Yes, I was wondering about that. I'm not happy about it, either. However, it seems there are people out there who are desperately seeking Helios heads who don't want to deal with her directly after this whole debaucle (I've had a few PMs). So he's very saleable on the MP. I'm sure if you just set it at the price we originally paid (what I've done), it'll sell for sure.

I think that's probably the only consolation you and I will get from this whole thing: the head is easy to sell to make up what we lost.

15. I got the head today, and it's fine, so I'm done. I'm not HAPPY, and it took over a year, but I figure this is the best resolution I'm going to get.