1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

New Iplehouse Dolls - SID - Lets Speculate and Chatter

Jan 20, 2010

1. EID girls will be around the same height as an SD17. I don't know if this will help you but here is a pic I have with my EID Yur with my Soom Spinel

[​IMG]

2. Thx Patrice! That really helps a great deal. Think SID size will be more suited. :)

3. Yup. The teaser is driving me nuts.... and delaying my order :D I am getting Carina in NS for sure, but want to see if the middle girl is JID, cause I want to get one of those, too, or if she's going to be one of the new KID's. She doesn't look young enough to be BID. I am waiting for those BIG time.

4. Jo77: not sure this could help, these are SID girl and Soom Super Gem guy (similar size with SD17)

Compare to Super Gem male, SID girl is a bit thick but I think they still look good together.

[​IMG]

5. They look great together Tiphereth! I ordered a SID girl body for my Jessica head, her boyfriend is a Super Gem also. I was worried she might be too small. This is the first picture I've seen of them standing side by side I think it's perfect. :) Thanks!

6. Storm is really growing on me, I've seen lots of different face ups on him and that guy is versitile!
      Will soon have my first SID girl in the next few days. :) getting excited, I'll have two girls and then one guy next year.

7. There doesn't seem to have been much activity on this thread in awhile, but with the advent of 2 new SID male sculpts (Eric and Georgio) and hints of a possible new SID (or nYID) female (Stella), I was wondering what everyone thinks? It seems to me that the SIDs are getting a lot more popular...or maybe Iplehouse goes in cycles? I haven't been collecting them long enough to know. I have Eric on order and I'm really looking forward to having him home. What about you? Any new SIDs heading your way?

8. Only reason I don't have Eric on order yet is I'm holding out for whenever Iple adds the Peach Skin to the SID boys. I wasn't sure about Giorgio at first, but he's kind a growing on me (dangit; my wallet doesn't need that). People like the SIDs as a bit bigger doll but not so big as the EIDs, and if Iple ever caves and adapts Bichun to a SID version, their workshop will melt down under the mountain of orders. I'm certainly trying to keep the 70cm dolls to a minimum.

9. Hold onto your wallet, Azha Nei. ;-) I heard today on another board that the peach gold resin was going to be available to order on the basic dolls next week. Bichun is a beautiful sculpt, and I agree with you. In SID size he would fly out of IH. I like the slightly smaller size of SIDs. I didn't want to go as large as the EIDs. In general, I prefer the SID male sculpts too.

Giorgio doesn't appeal to me personally, so I think I am safe there. He is a wonderful concept though, and I'm sure he'll do well.

10. Oh don't tell me that. I was hoping to at least get to summer (and I still fear what male nYID plans lurk in their evil heads).

It's the B Make Up that I like on Giorgio, but I can wait for a basic sometime down the road. The clothes me want! Along with everybody else. :)

11. Yes, his outfit is definitely TDF. Very dashing! Make-up B would be my choice too. It's hard to know what to do right now. It seems Iplehouse has been really busy with new sculpts, and are expected to have even more soon. I am hoping for some new sculpts for their SID girls...I think. Hope my wallet can take the hit! Otherwise, I am thinking I'd like to add a Shane, as a brother to my Eric.

Concerning the new peach resin, did you notice that it's less expensive than the real skin option? I wonder why?

12. Did anyone notice the disclaimers on the Giorgio doll about avoiding exposing dolls to both outdoor and indoor light? How unstable is this peach resin, anyway? They've been warning about daylight for a long time, but I don't remember seeing quite so many warnings about light sources in one listing before. The warnings don't specify peach resin, but Iple is showing Giorgio mostly in peach with a few shots of real skin at the end.

I may end up getting Giorgio in normal skin.

13. I checked it out after you mentioned it. Wow, really does make you wonder, doesn't it? Not to mention, I don't want to keep my dolls in a crypt. No light? That's ridiculous. I hope they are just being super cautious, because otherwise....

I don't blame you for considering getting Giorgio in NS.

14. I was really looking forward to seeing Peach Gold, but I did read all the warnings they were posting so I am thinking later on this year about getting a SID in NS instead.

15. jcygnet: The greater the pigment, the higher the cost. Light Brown and Ebony cost more than Real Skin.

As for the light cautions, underscore that they don't specify the peach resin. There'd been some questions about the stability of the rose tone in the WS of late, so maybe the change in the caution is in response to that. In truth, Indoor/artificial light will impact the color of anything over time, doll resins included. Just isn't as dramatically noticable as the effect of sunlight (which again will bleach/change the dyes, pigments and color of anything). I call it mellowing. Biggest example of it in my house is my pine dresser. Was rosey ash color when I bought it. 14 years later it's now a light honey color. It's not unpleasant, just part of the process. You don't have to put your dolls in a closet, but keep them out of direct sunlight, and it's probably better for them not to be right under a lamp. I wind up covering my dolls which are in the sun's path in my house when I leave for work, and uncover them when I get home.

Fwiw, a few owners were concerned about the rose tone disappearing relatively quickly. However, not all owners have experienced this.

16. Thanks for the insight on pigment vs. cost. Makes sense. I also appreciate your opinion on the "mellowing" of the resin. That's a good analogy and I can live with that. I am most worried about a noticeable yellow tone. I have a Sooah at home that I have had for many years. She is still pristine. I hope my new IH will age as gracefully. I will wait on the peach resin, as I'm not sure how orange-y it will be, though I do like how it photographs so far. I do appreciate IH giving us several shades of resin to choose from.

Have you any dolls in RS? How do you like it?

17. Reminder: Posting in Discussion threads about wanting to join splits or hoping someone who is ordering a particular item will let you 'hop on' their order to claim items that they do not want is considered advertising outside of the Marketplace and is against the rules. Advertising outside of the Marketplace results in an automatic month-long suspension from the Marketplace. We don't like giving Marketplace suspensions, so please, don't do things that violate the rules.

Also, Members who wish to run splits must be ordering either a significant portion of the doll (25% of the total value) or be keeping either the head or body. Keeping only a smaller item (such as an outfit, or portion of an outfit, that does not constitute 25% of the total cost of the order) is not adequate. Threads in the splits forum can only be started by people who are running splits - it is not permissible to start threads looking to join splits, or asking other people to organize them.

As exciting as new LE items are, we've had a lot of people having problems following these rules in the past couple of days.

18. Old IH NS used to have a yellow undertone. A lot of dolls did. Then the companies started goign towards peach. even the aged rose white looked more like a cream than a harsh or "unnatural" yellow. It was a photo, but in daylight.

I have one in RS. I don't know if the RS formula changed or if it was just the promo picture lighting, but in person it has a cooler undertone now. The recent pictures of dolls like Zera are more accurate. He's grown on me in that resin, and I know better what to expect now, but I like the PGS 'cause it's warm and rich, but works if you want a lighter resin for particular doll. It's all personal preference, though, and what works for what you have in mind.

19. I have several IH dolls in RS. Two of them have paled/greened considerably. They were kept in a room on the sunny side of the house. I thought it was safe because I kept the curtains closed, but the curtains have a white background and didn't keep out the harmful rays that attack the colored resins. Lesson learned. I now keep my RS dolls on the north side of the house.

I think I ran this photo already on another thread, but here it is again. Look at the difference in the hands. You can't tell as much from their faces because the flash went off. Little Byuri is the one who has changed color.

[​IMG]

20. I love Iplehouse dolls but the new body is just too deliberate attempt at over-sexy for my tastes. That doesn't mean I deplore other people's taste. It's just my reaction and so far I haven't changed that opinion despite seeing the new wardrobe for them. Obviously deliberately sexy too.