1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

New Volks 2006 FCS Heads

Aug 6, 2006

1. There were three in full costume. The tan one is F31, I believe. The normal-skin boy is F30, and the girl is F29.

2. They showed all five ear styles only in the FCS booklets. There was one style that was a smaller style elf ear, more traditional-looking, that was not shown on any of the heads there. I'm not sure about the others...

3. in the volks store itself, one or two of the dolls had the 02 style (the smallest ear.)

so basically, there is:
      01 - long straight elf ear
      02 - short straight elf ear
      - short elf ear, slightly curved
      - long elf ear, slightly curved
      - dragon/mermaid ears

no human ear options on any of the new heads, although, the 02 (the smallest elf ear) is slight, kinda like spock ears. You could hide the elfy-ness with a wig, or take the ears out and hide the missing ear with a wig.

the ears attach the same way as the MSD ears, with a peg, They are designed though so that the contour at the edge of the ear contours with a groove in the head really nicely.

there isn't a gap between the contour and the ears. they fit in perfectly. only in some pictures, the ears have been rotated a bit so that it seems that there is a gap, that's just because the ear has shifted. when it is in correctly, there is no gap, so don't worry about that. The ears stay in about as well as the normal MSD elf ears. They stay in pretty well, but they will come out with rough play.

You can order FCS in person only, year-round.

there is no extra fee for getting an elf doll, and there's no extra fee for getting sunlight skin.

on the FCS ears, the new ones, you can choose 1 of three options:

1 - natural (no color choice, only natural skintone like shading.)

2 - urban (this is some of the more "colory looking" ones you saw on some of the options... like this one: http://mysite.verizon.net/vzd1s37s/media/IMG_5665.jpg was "urban" ... that is F30 btw.

3 - no makeup

interestingly, I asked for a lighter natural look in pink, and they said no, so I think it's kinda tricky what you can or can't get with ear requests. you can ask them to go light on the paint though.

http://site.volksusa.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/tea_entry.jpg
      the two boys in full costume, the one with the silver hair is F30, the one with brown is F31, and the girl in the pink is F29 yeah.

btw, the most shocking thing to me is... that these new FCS heads with elf ears, they are LA Sumika FCS ONLY!! None of the stores in Japan have these heads. (Shino said this!) Isn't that special? They didnt say that they would ever be available in Japan... at least not YET. they might do it later, but they didn't say for sure. They will be available at LA from now on. they aren't limited like the sunlight skin to only october, they're from now on.

also, there are 3 new wigs, one is a super long wavey (wavey like W8 kinda), one short no-bangs wavey (again wavy like W8), and a long no-bang variation on W5 with piecy front (this one was W118, I remember cause I picked that one... haha...).

also for those interested in FCS in general, Volks has started doing the irridescent/metallic eyeshadow on FCS orders now (if you request it) for those who saw the dolls in person, you probably noticed that some of them had a sheen to their eyeshadow. I think Chris and Lucas (black/white cat) had this type of eyeshadow too. I can't remember though, Id ont' have my Chris in front of me right now to see. But it kinda changes color as you turn it in the light (like a beetle! :) )

4. Is it possible to order two sets of ears with FCS? I'd be very interested in having both the short and long straight elf ears.

5. I'm pretty sure you can only order one set of ears. That's how it is with the MSD ones. I really wish Volks would put out optional ear parts for sale online and in their regular stores.

6. For those who've ordered the elves FCS, how much was the general range?

7. it's the same price as normal fcs, I got an SD13 girl, it was 845$ (just the doll itself, not including sanding or extra stuff)

8. but the heads itself are not limited? they will be standard heads from now, am I right (in LA)?

9. Does anyone have a clearer picture of the ears and their corresponding numbers?

10. yes, from now on you can get these as FCS heads in LA. they are not limited to just this event.

11. So this means that since the heads aren't available anywhere else, and white skin is only available at Sato, we'll never be able to get white elves like the f-31 bust they showed at the Tea Party? :(
      Was there any hint that they might do a limited period of white skin FCS like their doing with sunlight skin?

*edit* Wow. Please disregard this really stupid question. I've clearly become so obsessed with a certain Sato-only head that I started to think that his white skin was Sato-only as well. >.<

12. According what they told me at Volks on Sunday - those heads everyone is taking pictures of at the tea (the new 3 w/makeup) are traveling back to Japan and are also going to be the display at the two Dolpa's being held this month. So, I would assume that means they are going to be for all FCS

13. I ordered an SD13 boy and he was $900 ish (it was like $902 or $908?). Same price as an non elf SD13 boy, but I also added the extra services, so my total was a bit over $1,000

14. White skin is not limited, it's available at every Sumika.

15. Is $900 with tax or not?

16. SD13 boys from the LA Sumika cost $902 without tax.

17. Is shipping included in that $902? And what is the percentage for CA? Seeing as how I buy it there, or have Aimee or whoever does the LA store orders, I assume I have to pay it. Should I just save up $1000?

18. It's not included, and I believe the tax is somewhere around 8%, so you'll be nearing $1200 with a shopping service's fee, shipping, and tax. Aimee no longer does LA FCS, just Sato.

19. The scan I have of my order form says grand total $924.18.
      He was 902$ + 22.18$ for shipping. I didn't order any extras and I'm not sure if that total included tax or not I'd assume it does but what do I know? XD