1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Nigel Chia's Demuse Doll Discussion thread 1

Feb 11, 2018

1. Okay, so let's do this. Quite honestly, for me, this is the most beautiful, most perfect female BJD body I have ever seen. These knees, those elbows, the hands, that face...OMG, to die for :abow:. To my luck, she is only available in MSD size. So she just can't fit my SD+ crew. Or...can she (oh dear, the very thought...soooo tempting).

I imagine her as a fairy creature. Not quite human, but I would love her with exactly the blonde wig of the limited edition. I am quite sure that it will be very unhealthy for me stalk Demuse's shop.

Sadly, I know nothing about Mr. Chia's attitude towards us BJD people. Maybe somebody can get in touch with Mr. DollShe? They have done a cooperation with Demuse. Maybe he could do something about this aspect?

Like I said, I already contacted the creator of this wonderful doll about the possibility of purchasing a nude doll. He said no, I could get her only as a fullset. On the one hand, outrageous. On the other hand...he is a fashion designer, so I fully understand him (though I may still put different clothes on her).

Ah, I just don't know...I am stuck.

(Sorry for being that dramatic. But never, ever before has a female doll spoken in such a way to me. And I am not even remotely interested in which character to turn her into. I just want her for herself).:(

2. I feel your pain. I follow him on Instagram, and his dolls and fullsets are amazing. But while I'd love to have one of his dolls, I don't know I'd want a fullset. :/

3. Some things are just not meant to be. I think it is just better for me to stay away from that lady.

4. She's very pretty. I would probably be interested in getting my hands on one if it weren't for the upper thigh joint. I know this joint is becoming more and more popular on dolls, but I find it so off-putting. You could never dress her in a bathing suit or short shorts, and to be honest, I don't think that extra joint makes all that much difference when it comes to posing. Otherwise I think she's absolutely lovely.

5. Ahhhhhh shame it's fullsets only. I was excited about that body (although the head I am not too thrilled with, but some of the past heads are lovely).... but probably not gonna drop that much for a fullset anytime soon.

6. I'm getting a Nichole on preorder and I'm so excited. I had his Caroline last year but I had to sell her. Now I want to buy her back again but I can't find anyone to sell her.
      I'd love to see pics of any Demuse dolls. I love that they have inset eyes.

7. Congrats on getting a Nichole! I am getting one too. I am so excited!! I am hoping to find some of his old gowns for sale but so far not having any luck. lol This is going to be my first Demuse. I have wanted one for so long. :)

8. Does anyone know where to find her measurements?

9. I have been watching Nigel Chia’s YouTube videos for many years. I am originally from Singapore and my family came from a town 1 hour from Ipoh Perak Malaysia. I admire his courage and art work a lot. I had always assumed DeMuse dolls are vinyl.

I no longer collect 16” fashion dolls but I believe De Muse doll body measurements and sculpting are perfect, no digits missing and no digits extra. It’s so because watching his videos, Nigel Chia is a quality fussy and detail oriented fashion designer. If he has a store front in Malaysia (anywhere), I hope to swing by one day. He seems to be quiet last year. Many of his web pages do not exist.

#10 stargazer_i, Feb 24, 2020
      Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    10. Yes, I’d love to know her proportions!

11. His blog still works!
      DEMUSE DOLL

12. thank you it is been helpfull!!:chibi:chibi:chibi

13. Congrats on getting your doll. I am looking for information on this doll. Do you remember what she cost new?

14. Maybe 699-799? I'm not sure. She's worth it!

15. Merinda was my first BJD doll and first Demuse doll

[​IMG]

Second Margaux (best mold)
      [​IMG]

Isabella was third, but not for long because she found a new home
      [​IMG]

16. No one mentions price and I have a feeling his dolls are very expensive. I wish one of those who have been fortunate enough to find one of his dolls for sale would state the price per doll. Certainly his work is amazing. I watch him sew the dress while on the doll and all I can think is that if I would try that I would have pin holes all over my doll. I would not be surprised by a $5000.00 price or up.....

17. I had Margaux some time ago and I payed around 700 USD for nude blank doll. Now I m in search for another Demuse girl.

18. He is very talented and I love to watch his videos. Thank you Ladybug for the information and a lot less than I expected.