1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Nightingale by Ada.Dan

Aug 26, 2015

1. Wow! I love the look you gave your Nightingale! She definitely takes on a different personality and the styling possibilities are endless. The grapevine wreath and tiny antlers are great. I'd love to see a full shot of her on her April Story body. Could you post a photo please? I ordered an Aimerai for my Nightingale but it's on layaway so I don't expect it to arrive for a few months.

Unfortunately the face up on my Nightingale arrived with a huge rub mark on her nose so I've been trying to salvage what I can since I liked it so much. It's not going well! But seeing the new look you gave your Nightingale is giving me the courage to even think about wiping the face up completely off and starting new. Thank you for sharing!

2. Thank you everyone for the nice comments! I want to see more Nightingales though ;)

These are some quick photos I took when I first got the body, not the best but should give you a good idea :) The default faceup on mine was rubbed off on the nose as well and I kept mistaking the "beauty marks" for dirt spots, lol. I did like the original one but the new faceup made a HUGE difference to the sculpt! Ada-Dan has mentioned that they are putting together a photo gallery of Nightingale on her site soon so we can see her in many different styles which I'm looking forward to.

[​IMG]

3. Thank you so much, Petitemarine, for posting the photos of your Nightingale on her April Story body. It's a very pretty match and the proportions are beautiful. I really liked the original faceup offered by Ada-Dan but I think I actually like the one you gave your doll even more. Maybe because she's such an individual now and so sweet. I love the small eyes that Ada-Dan gave the sculpt.

Here's a montage I made of different heads on my Dollstown 13 yo body which includes Nightingale. The resin and proportions are both good but I wanted a more delicate body for her elvish head. I thought I'd post the photo anyhow to give people an idea of how Nightingale looks on a different body.

[​IMG]

4. Hi, everyone! I've finally managed to finish my Nightingale's faceup, and I couldn't resist taking her out for a few pictures (though she is still borrowing the body, wig and eyes, too):

[​IMG]

5. Very pretty! I like how you styled her as well. You did a beautiful job with her eyes.

6. How beautifull are all Nighty! Unreal face is so cute! Hope I'll could find one...
      Face of tiny child, so young and so naive *__* Best girl I've ever seen!

7. I'm really hoping to find one!
      Love her sculpt, so pretty! :D

8. Oh her body arrived today! :dance I can't take any pics just yet - everybody at my house is sleeping right now. Still, I can't wait to show her off. Her default face ended up coming chipped so I will probably redo it myself. I'm just so EXCITED! :celebrate:cheer:dance

9. [​IMG]

Forgive the crappy tablet photo, but here's a picture of my girl December on a Supia single jointed body. Both are white skin but the match is not great. The blushing does make it look worse than it really is. Still, it's the perfect look and I could not be more thrilled! Time to empty my wallet on clothes for her. :whee:

Her head looks HUGE in this pic but that's just the angle.

10. Oooooh! It looks like people are beginning to receive the bodies they bought for Nightingale! I just received notice that mine will be shipping soon. My fingers are crossed big time hoping it'll work! I can't wait to see everyone's dolls!

Cicada, the Supia body is really really pretty! I love the hands and I agree - it definitely does give the sculpt more of the look that I'm after too. It's a lovely hybrid! I love her!

11. Cicada your girl is absolutely lovely. The wig you chose really brings the best out of her faceup, too. I wish I had known about Nightingale earlier. The sculpt is just stunning.

Pony, please do post pictures of your hybrid when you receive the body! I'm very curious to see what kind of hybrids owners are pulling off for Nightingale.

12. My girl's look is finally finished (seriously, everything I wanted for her just magically appeared on the Marketplace). She is on an Angell Studio old 62cm body now, and fortunately the fit and proportions are great. With bonus accidentally perfect color match!

[​IMG]
      Not that much is showing with the bag she is wearing :lol:

13. She is soooo pretty! I love everything about her, her face up, hair, and clothes. Plus the landscape photo is beautiful.

My Aimerai body finally arrived after I finished my layaway with Mint On Card. They were especially helpful with resin matching for me and luckily the body match with the head is very good.

Nightingale is standing next to a Dollmore Adam body, normal resin, with a Little Rebel Tenten head. You can see the resin difference between normal and the yellow resin of the Aimerai body. Overall I'm happy with the look and I like the Aimerai body.

[​IMG]

#33 Pony, May 7, 2016
      Last edited: May 7, 2016
    14. Finally I can show my tumblr-style demon girl :)
      [​IMG]

15. Perfect! Love her!

16. @Pony if it is to me, than thank you :kitty2

17. Yes, my comment was for you. :)

18. I hope it's all right to bump this thread but with the Nightingale re-release (from which there are still heads available) I've been seriously considering buying this head.
      For those who have her, what would you say the quality of the resin/ general quality is like?
      I'm completely new to resin, having only Volks and Obitsu vinyls at the moment, and was first thinking of going with a Volks resin since they're more of a known quantity, but Nightingale works for something for which I doubt a Volks sculpt would work.
      Also, do you all think she'd look reasonable on a SD10-height body? or would she end up looking bobbleheaded?
      Thank you in advance :)

19. @ledniir
      I don't havve Nightingale, but I have the other head that Ada Dan came out with. The resin is pretty good, really weighty and thick. It's super nice quality, I was a bit surprised.

20. Ah, thank you! This is very reassuring to hear.