1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Obssession over props and in-scale objects.

Dec 29, 2009

1. I'm not a propaholic but I do have a couple. I haven't found any hairs for SD yet but that's the main type of prop I am looking for currently. Otherwise I have a guitar that I bought a few years ago (decoration), a few small candy boxes that were miniture since they were trial sized (I wanted the candy, free prop was a bonus :D ) and a few small plushies that decorate my bookshelves that work VERY nicely with dolls... That being said I love to watch for potential props or things to convert for dolls. I don't generally buy them but I like brain storming ideas to get options incase I want something in the future. I'd love a nice chair, tea set and mugs for my SD dolls and I would be prop happy for life.

Also things need to be relatively in scale for my doll family, msd looking small in a chair is fine, my msd are younger and that's normal. Some chairs are over sized or rather small in RL so as long as I can swing it realistically - I'm game.

2. I have noticed that American Girl is pretty much in-scale for SD. Yes, AG dolls are 18" tall which would be the big side of MSD but they are all kids. It's sort of like how a Mini Dollfie Dream is not a 1/4 scale doll but a 1/3 scale little girl. I just got my Obitsu boy another guitar, and the four of them a set of plates and mugs. It is perfectly in scale. Also a lot of the erasers coming out of Japan are perfect 1/3 size food. McDonalds Japan did a set of mobile phone straps, and those were also well-suited for Dollfie Dream which means they would probably be fine for most SD stuff. I do love getting in-scale stuffs for my dolls and am not fond of "scale fail."

3. I found an old thread about that with a link to AG appliances. Unfortunately, the link was old and they were sold out, but there was a stove and washing machine and all kinds of great stuff. It didn't seem terribly expensive considering the size either. I'm getting to the point where I really want to start accumulating more props/furniture/accessories so I can really start doing more in the way of photostories. I have almost all the people (finally), now I just need their stuff.

I do have a nice fiddle for Cait that came from a souvenir shop in Nashville, and an SD sized toaster for Liam from a dollar store (why they had a mini toaster is beyond me). But as he has no kitchen, there's not much I can do with it, lol.

4. Like someone said before my doll is a doll living in a human world. The only prop I'll get for him is a bed... and that is more because I want him to stay somewhere at nights. ^^'
      Though I really want to make him a little room... gah, I can have both, right?

5. At first I didn't pay too much attention to doll props but I've been craving a chair hardcore lately. Other than that and some more stuffed animals, I'm not too interested in props.

I do have this really cute stuffed puppy from McDonalds (some build-a-bear promotional happy meal toy thing) that's great for my yo's.

6. I'm not a 'propoholic' or anything, but I will admit to having stolen a soccer ball off a Foosball table because its PERFECT MSD size. -_-U oh well.
      But it does bug me when people use really random objects and call them 'props'. I can understand if they really tried, and its just a little too big or a little too small, but theres a limit to how crazy big/small something is before it just looks ridiculous.