1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Of Unoa/Sharmin/Minifee and Dollzone...

Jun 5, 2007

1. I recently acquired my first bjd, a beautiful 1/4 DZ Shoyu named Alice.
      Whilst browsing through clothing threads and such on the marketplace and digging up as many online bjd stores as I could find, I pondered to myself,
      'Self...I wonder if Alice will fit into these....what do you call them? .... 'Unoa' clothes.'
      I've seen Unoa paired (size/clothing category wise) with Minifee and Sharmin dolls. One or two of the sales threads that I have seen have said that DZ 1/4 girl bodies were 'slimmer, and will fit very well in clothing designed for Unoa, Sharmin and Minifee dolls'.
      However, I wanted to be absolutely certain of this before I start shopping for other clothes for my girl. O_O I've had my eye on those delicious Mio (http://m2kdolls.com/mio_shop.htm) outfits for an eternity (a long while before Alice came to me, actually)....but before I spring for one, I want to be 100% sure that they'll fit her correctly.
      Anyone who has experience with Volks MSD clothing and SDC clothing in the context of 1/4 DZ girls, feel free to post your input as well. ^^
      And finally, any nude comparison photos would be extremely helpful!

P.S. --- I do know about Friends2bMade and Teen trends! They fit very nicely, yes, but aren't much in the way of really well-made, modern/mature styles since they are, after all, made for dolls intended for younger audiences. (No offense meant to those that really like these dolls! That is just my personal opinion. ^^; )

Thank you,
      Serenia

2. i say skip the mio (it might not fit and its expensive) and get some from freinds2bmade its cheap, it fits most minis and some sd too, teen trends might fit im not really sure, but its cheap and you can always sell it later so i say see if it fits
      msd and does not fit on any 1/4 or slim mini that i know of, hope that helps

3. As I said in the first post, I have tried teen trends and friends2bmade, and am aware that they both do fit well (I actually love a set of PJs and a flowing pink gown that I bought for around $7 each X3). ^^ I just prefer other styles of clothing (such as can be found in designs by Mio and Ajumapama) Thank you so much for your input, though. ^^

4. i've seen a few of the teen trends fit on sweetest185's daughter's dz shoyo, like the 'boyfriend' clothes of jeans, thermal sweater, and button-up shirt... im pretty sure more of the teen trends stuff will work on her too...

5. Again, I have tried the teen trends clothing and yes, it does fit my DZ girl quite well. I hadn't heard of the 'boyfriend' clothes; thank you for bringing it up, though, I'll be sure to check it out at a later date.

6. Here are some measurements to compare. You still need to compare nude photos of the dolls to see how measurements are distributed - two dolls could have very similar torso measurements but one doll's torso or legs may be much longer or shorter.

Here are Unoa measurements:
      http://www.rakurakutei.com/theloft/unoa_faq.htm#MEASUREMENTS

Measurements of the current Serendipity mini - however if you find Serendipity or Sharmin clothes, Sharmin was smaller and skinner:
      Height (include head): 42cm
      Head (around) : 18cm
      Neck: 6.7cm
      Shoulder: 6.5cm
      Breast: 16cm
      Waist: 12cm
      Hip: 19cm
      Shoulder~arms: 12cm
      Legs: 21.5cm
      Thigh:11.5cm
      Ankle: 6cm
      Foot: 5.5cm

Narae Measurements (right column):
      http://dollfair.com/gallery6.htm

Minifee Measurements:
      * Tall : 41cm
      * Circumference of Head : 19cm (7 inch)
      * Circumference of neck : 7.5 cm
      * Circumference of chest : 17cm
      * Width of shoulders : 8.5cm
      * Lenth of "from shoulder to wrist" : 12cm
      * Circumference of waist : 12.5cm
      * Circumference of hips : 19.5cm
      * Lenth of "from hips to knee" : 11.5cm
      * Lenth of "from knee to ankle" : 9.3cm
      * Circumference of ankle : 4cm
      * Foot size : 5.5cm

Dollzone girl measurements:
      Height: 44cm
      Head size: 18.5cm
      Neck size: 7cm
      Shoulder width: 9cm
      Arms length: 12cm
      Breast size: 18cm
      Waist size: 13cm
      Hip size: 17cm
      Back length: 10.5cm
      Thigh width: 10cm
      foot length: 5.5cm
      leg length:22

Carolyn

ALSO

I know you know, but here is DZ Nina trying on a bunch of Friends2BMade clothes:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40448&page=15

Here are good nude photos of DZ girl:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59722

Variety of other slim mini comparison shots:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76116

7. ^^ Wow!!! Thank you very much for the measurements and links--I'd run into the Unoa FAQ site before, and it's very helpful. ^^

8. ok I went to Uneide's and tried some of the DZ stuff on me Unoa boy. Overall it can fit though the Unoa boys have slightly wider hips than the DZ girls (though we managed my poor boy into some of the frilly girl outfits XD poor thing) Didn't get a chance to try the boy clothes on him funnily enough

9. Heh ^^ She mentioned that in the DZ Alliance thread.... X3 That pic of him in the dress was super cute!

10. This is sort of a backwards reply, but my DIM happy girl fits perfectly* in zolala jeans made specifically with unoa in mind. They're very detailed and distressed like mio clothes. My girl ALSO has the DZ outfit Felian is always pictured in. Her pink skirt is a little tight around the bottom-area, but still buttons. So I'm imagining that means that the DZ girls have a slightly narrower bottom, but are mostly the same pants-size. Especially since it looks similarly snug on their model in the picture. If anything, it will just be a little easier to wiggle her into some unoa- sized hiphuggers.

*I realize "fit" is sort of subjective- when I say the pants fit, I mean they are they aren't highwaters or too long, they sit low on the wast like I mean for my jeans to, and they're tight, without being so bad that she can't bend her knees or sit.

11. That was really helpful!!! ^^ Thanks a bunch--I'll definately look up Zolala.