1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Old and new Lati tiny bodies.

May 5, 2018

1. Could someone please help me understand the difference between the various versions of the Lati bodies?

I think with the Lati whites, there are just 2 different types of bodies, the one they're using now, and the older version? And the Lati white sp? Have they redone their bodies too?

The one I'm most confused about is the Lati yellow bodies. I've heard of version 1 and version 2 bodies, and old and new bodies. Does this mean that there are 4 different bodies?

2. I'm pretty sure there are more than 4 different versions. It would be too much work to strip all my Latis and compare the bodies. Lati keeps changing details every now and then.

3. Thanks for the answer, spih. So it's more confusing than I thought!

4. I think there is only 2 types of bodies, type 1 and type 2, but they also changed the skin tone of the bodies to (the old natural skin is much whiter than the new natural skin). I can't speak for Lati white, but as far as Lati Yellow are concerned, type 1 bodies are the worst posers I know. I don't know when they skip from type 1 to type 2, though. Around 2013 I'd say?

5. I have at least 4 different types of Lati Yellow bodies. The oldest one has single jointed elbows and knees. The next version has double jointed knees and single jointed elbows. The next version has double joints both at knees and elbows, and the knee pieces are sort of curved and feet are very small. The version after that has straight knee joints again and feet are back to the original size. I'm not sure how much Lati has changed the body construction after that change but at least they were offering the latest body both with double and single jointed elbows. I only have bodies with the double jointed elbows after they were first introduced.

6. Lati White comes in two sizes - the basic and the special. The smaller basic is 9 cm and the taller special is 12 cm.

The old style lati whites both took the same size head but the neck on the basic was smaller so the heads were not easily interchangeable between the two sizes of body. The special body was adorable with the cutest little belly button!

The new style lati whites have the same size neck hole so the heads are readily interchangeable. The bodies maybe pose a bit better but in my opinion are not as cute as the original bodies, which are no longer available except on the second hand market.

I know little about lati yellow because I put all of mine on the taller special body. I don't like the proportions of the shorter lati yellow as much. They are harder to find but that helps control my collection from growing so much :) so may not be a bad thing!