1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

One doll is good enough!....or Is it?

Oct 22, 2009

1. Alright I didn't see a thread like this but if there is a thread like this, sorry and if this thread causes offense, sorry.:)

But back to the point of this thread, I am sure some of you are like, "I will have one doll and one doll only...." then few months of a year down the line you have another? And the chain doesn't stop there?

Well same thing happened, this is my full conversation with my mother.

Me : "Yep I am sure I will only have one, I will pour all my love in him!
      Mother : "Well when you are to addicted it won't stop, I assure you.
      Me : "Nah, this is certain haha!"

My mother then laughs along, that conversation took place in September 2008. Then suddenly this year my collection multiplied like rabbits XD.:sweat

So the question again. Have you ever thought you'd buy only one but then suddenly have more than one?:)

2. there are a LOT of threads on these lines and a great number of us will attest this is exactly what we once thought......and failed

I started with "just one" and am inching towards 30

And believe me I am not the worst offender

3. Aww sowwy for spamming the boards then, let us hope...it is removed XD finally found out how to upload a new avatar, phew.

4. Well, I've still got plenty of time to lapse, but so far I've been a-okay with one doll. I'm considering getting a second doll...but in that case, I will not be keeping the first doll, which would thus leave me again with one doll. I think it really helps that ball-jointed dolls are NOT my major hobby, and my major hobby is equally expensive, so I would rather spend my money on the other interest. If I didn't have this other way to spend all my money I might have more dolls. n_~

5. lol Yea I thought that :sweat

After my sister convinced me to get one I though "I only want one, these things are far too expensive so one is enough." PFFT! Yea right! XD I ended up getting my second one before my first even got to me, then I got my third with the first one I had to pre-order then I got my afra at A-kon and well....it kind of goes on from there *_*

6. I'm not interested in having just one. I thought that at first because of price, but it didn't last long at ALL. I like doing photostories and they are characters, and to me one is just boring. Two is much more fun. More than that is fun too, LOL! I still tend to mostly do things with them in 2s and 3s, though. They each get their turn eventually.

7. Nope! I always knew about how many I wanted to own - and it's more than one.

8. Hmm. I can't really make that decision. My parents are still partly against my doll (at least, my mum, my dad doesn't really bother either way, I'd say) so I don't think I'm allowed to get another, at least for a few more years. But it's okay, so far I'm managing quite alright, babying my doll and saving up my meagre pocket money to get him new hairstyles and clothing.

9. {sob!}

Yes!

But that was 26 BJD's ago.

Just today I had that moment of realization that I have 27 of the things - and how - how did it get to be so many!!???

Teddy

10. I wanted to have only one Limhwa Luna)))And what's the result????Look at my signature,poor me!And that is not the end of my story)))

11. I'm setting the cap around 15.

I think when I got the first one (an MSD) I knew I wanted a big one. The MSD was like ... when you buy a little bicycle with training wheels. I had her for about a year when I got an SD. And then I wanted a boy.

And then I wanted a tiny.

And so on. This time last year I had 2 dolls. Now I have 5 in my apartment, one head, one should be arriving within the next couple of months, and another on layaway. My apartment is just over 200 square feet, so I probably need to slow down. But I don't think I will buy any more dolls after this year is finished. At least not for a while.

12. I never wanted only one. From the start I wanted two, a boy and a girl, and I wanted little ones. When I found Bobobie's 27CM kids, I fell hard and before long, I had them both, mostly thanks to BBBs low, low prices. But, truth be told, I knew that I'd likely want more if I really loved these two, which I do.

It's funny, I love tinies, but most of the dolls that appeal to me are Minis, especially for particular characters. I'd also like an anthro or two. I really don't know what my collection will look like once I stop and say, "Okay, I'm done."

13. I never said only one. I said only two. That failed too! I slowly accumulate about four a year, between my own buying and Christmas presents from my mom and bf @__@

14. I've only wanted one...TWICE!!! No, I'm not kidding.:sweat It seems like such a great idea and I really admire those who can stick to it...pouring all your love and pocketchange into a single doll and being happy with it. I really did try. It didn't work the first time with SDs when I first got into ABJDs years ago. But when I completely downsized my collection to a smaller size this year, I thought for sure I could pull it off this time with my Batchix Machina. I love her so much:aheartbea, but darn it, she wanted friends...so I'm already up to 4 this year alone!:doh

edit: only 3 weeks after typing this post, I'm up to 5...:sweat 'nuff said!!!

15. My theory is that if one of something is good, then two are better. This goes double for dolls.

16. XD I see, well the sixth is gonna HAVE to be my last, so then that means the book of collecting will be closed for me soon. But I might get seven as my last cause I want both a S.Petsha and Twin-B, but Angelheim Zion caught me, and he might not let go XD

17. So far am happy with just one and I don't really plan to get another one...

but I noticed it never really stays at one....

18. Hah, I did a pretty good job for a while... and then out of the blue I bought a puki. And now I'm going to buy my third, and already planning my fourth and fifth. There is no end, once you're in on bjds, your stuck in bjds.

19. I never had the "just one" attitude - I always knew I was going to want more. So, I'm always open to buying a doll if I can at the time and I know I want it. I guess that kind of makes me a collecter? I'm not out to get every doll - just all the ones I like.

20. The real problem is that the dolls mind control us and want their friends. Or we see a doll so hauntingly beautiful that it must come live with us. Then of course once the doll comes, they need stuff.