1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

One outfit or more?

Mar 1, 2018

1. Do you have only one outfit for a doll? Or do you have more clothes?
      I like to change them, but some use only one doll dress.
      What do you think about it? I am curious:kitty2

2. I love changing my dolls clothes to match the weather and season. I even have pjs for everyone. I have an awful lot of dolly clothing and am always collecting more.

3. I love the idea of having lots of different clothes for my tinies. I need to get my act together and start sewing!

4. I love taking photos of my dolls with different outfits and wigs. I'm still honing my sewing skills :) However, i do splurge on their clothes, wigs, shoes and accessories now and then. Lol as i think they deserve nicer looking clothes which I am unable to hand sew or lack the competence to sew more complicated designs:XD:

5. Some of my dolls seem to refuse to change outfits much but others are constantly swapping clothes.

Personally I like to have variety and options!

6. Changing all the time *w* I would love to be able to do faceups one day then I will be able to change their clothes and make up all the time. For now, the clothes change only when I see some suitable fabric that I can make into outfits for them.

7. I am working on sewing mine some outfits, otherwise each only has one dress / pair of shoes. My plan is that each will have one full, complete outfit. It's going to take awhile... However, I love hunting & collecting, and I have mature tinies, so they can wear vintage fashion doll clothes and so on, and sometimes I find cool stuff, so I could see a little wardrobe being built. I would love to have more time to sew things, my mother gifted me the Hanon book for the holidays and I finally made one simple dress from it, it took all afternoon! And I didn't even embroider anything since I haven't a clue how.

8. Now I have only one doll so I spoil him a lot:XD: I purchased clothes and wigs to match because I have fun dressing him and taking photos of him. I like to try new items on him to see if he wears it well, so some clothes were sold after I decided that they would not look okay on my boy :3nodding:

9. I have a lot of outfits for all of my dolls.
      But I must say that no doll have a special outfit only for her. Only my boy - only have one ^_~ - has his own outfits only for him.
      All my girls are changing sometimes. But for every size I have a separate box because my clothes are too much. Only the glamour dresses are on dressing stands (a wedding dress for Feeple60 and a customized violette dress for Minifee).

10. I can happily say that most of my dolls have a full closet, and I'm always looking for more. Only one that doesn't is my male yosd because it's hard to find male clothes in his size and style. >.< Also, I seriously need to make some sort of closet to store my doll clothes. I already have a lot of it on hangers just out in the open on a small dowel.

11. My goal is to have three outfits for each of the characters I'm shelling (though a couple might end up with more than that due to the changes they have throughout the story). However, since I have a pile of heads that still need bodies, I'm not too worried about getting the three outfits for everyone right now. Instead, I'm working on getting them each one outfit that fits their character. Some of them are still in temporary clothes because I need to find the time to make something or haven't found the right thing to buy yet.

12. I like to change their outfit and have a different kind of clothes, to me it's more funny:dance

13. I love changing my doll's outfit! It's something that doesn't really take a lot of effort but it gives me a lot of joy. I like seeing how the overall look of my doll changes with his clothes and he always looks brighter afterwards. It also freshens up his look which I find really fun.

14. Most of my dolls have, if at all, only their superhero outfit. I thought it was important that they don't have to hang around naked. However, I really want to make or buy more for them. But I want each to have his or her own wardrobe, with in-character outfits. But that may still take a while - too much to do.

#14 Ipledreamer, Mar 1, 2018
      Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    15. Amara has a ton of half-finished clothes that I need to complete for her....But also has a dress, a cloak, a kimono, pajamas, and when they’re done she’ll have a coat, jeans, leggings, and a few blouses....so Inthink she’ll have a whole warsrobe for photo shoots! XD

16. A lot of people love the changes!

17. It depends on the doll, their character, role in a story and how much I enjoy dressing them. Some have several outfits that only they can wear, some share clothes across a size and a few are almost always nude (or usually draped) just because I love to see their sculpt in full.

18. It depends on the doll. I have one doll I bought for no reason except to wear 1 Code Noir Outfit I liked.

Whilst my Niccolo has like.... a more expensive wardrobe than I do because he has many Freedomteller and Sadol sets. My dad asked how much his suits cost and I just kind of awkwardly laughed for like five minutes. He shares his clothes with my other 70cm doll since they are similarly sized.

My poor Az has like... a bunch of half-started outfits because I have a hard time sewing for the Dollshe 28M body and then I got distracted by my non-BJD hobbies and haven't gotten to buying him anything tailored by someone who knows what they are doing.

The rest of my dolls are a similar work in progress.

19. I have a lot of doll outfits more than I have dolls, since I do like changing their clothes, wigs, etc. They have their own default wigs and outfits as I decorate them as my ocs, but I definitely like seeing them in different clothes as well.

20. I have very few outfits right now, but I love the idea of a full dolly closet! I think being able to change their outfits all time is part of the fun and customization. At least, for me.