1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Orange Tea Dolls

Dec 27, 2014

1. I placed an order today for Pollet and I'm looking for things for her. I know it will be quite a while before she gets here, but I just can't resist shopping for dolly things! I'm new to the hobby, so I don't have much experience with sizes, but will YoSD-sized clothes and shoes fit her?

2. Your dolls are very cute! I love them.

Bonnie

3. @kjanell86 it recall seeing that info somewhere....can't find it now. Must have been in the Etsy sale page, that is now gone of course.
      You could email her and ask! She is very nice.
      I hope to get a Pollet eventually, but I had to be sure and snag a blue Violka first. She is currently in limbo after having reached New York on the twelfth.

4. @aernath thank you for your reply! She actually emailed me today about my order and included a picture with Pollet's measurements and some info on clothing & shoes.

I know what you mean about wanting to get your Violka first :) That's the same way I felt when I saw Pollet. I hope your Violka arrives home soon!

5. Congrats to everyone on their incoming dollies, I can't wait to see photos!! I have a layaway in the works for two Olivkas, one blue Violka, and a Pollet, so I am very excited <3

6. So happy to see new activity in this thread! I have Olivka but I don't photograph her nearly enough. Very excited to see the new girls! :D

7. Woohoo! She just arrived! There was no tracking update since the 12th when she arrived in New York. Just suddenly, poof, in my mailbox! :dance

Meet Laguna!
      I had some 12mm small iris eyes from Doll Bakery on hand and they fit nicely!

[​IMG]Laguna - Orange Tea Dolls Violka by aernath, on Flickr

8. She's beautiful!!

9. @kjanell86 Thank you!
      I made her a quick wig last night (bought some alpaca to try and make a better one in blues), and a skirt and top the night before (her first night here).
      I realized while taking the cat for a walk (yes...), that we have purple crocus that she might look good with!

Edit: heh heh .... I just realized... looks like she's drinking OrangeTea! lol

[​IMG]Laguna - OrangeTeaDolls Violka by aernath, on Flickr

10. Orange tea doll drinking orange tea is the best ever

11. @aernath , shes gorgeous! The blue and purple look perfect together :D

Olivka is enjoying the early spring too. She wears Blythe dresses, and they fit OK, except the bust seam sits too high ...
      [​IMG]

12. She's cute! Looking very at home with the moss-covered tree and all the greenery.
      Did you make that teeny tiny bracelet?!

13. I love her outfit. Purple's my favorite color!

14. Love the dress! I'm also interested to know if you made her bracelet.

15. Thank you ^^, no I didnt make her bracelet, its yosd size one from etsy. I dont remember the seller...

@aernath , how is her posing? Can she stand easily?

#55 Cydril, Feb 25, 2017
      Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    16. @Cydril Sorry! Just saw your question.
      She needs a bit of hot glue sueding. The resin is smooth and this one at least has a fierce desire to sit all the time. lol And a kicky knee. But once you get her settled down, yeah she stands fairly well. Just gotta get some friction in those thigh and knee joints.
      I keep forgetting to do that. I got her blue gradient fur in and it took me a day to figure out how to go about making a wig. Now I'm working on getting around to actually making it. :sweat

17. A fierce desire to sit, lol!:lol: Thats how Olivka is too.

18. Ohhhhhh! I am so upset right now! I went with my husband on a business trip to Oklahoma City, and took my little girl with me, and took some nice photos at the Crystal Bridge botanical gardens.... and the computer just glitched and ate them all! :aeyepop::horror::...(
      There looked to be a few really good ones too. :( Maaaaaaaan.

anyway... so I went out just now and took a photo to see if the computer would eat it too. Looks okay. I had to hold the cable in the computer for it to work though. Looks like I need a new cable.

So! On this trip, I took a piece of real fur and tried my hands at making a wig of it. It was such gorgeous colors, I didn't want to cut any off, there's a layer of lovely teal between the white and blue... so now she's mostly hair! :XD:
      And I hadn't planned on it, but made her a quick pair of pants with some fabric I had on hand for making an aloha shirt... so they're quite... odd. But they do help a little bit in keeping her legs straight for standing. I still need to suede her hips and knees.

Finally.... a photo. Woo. Our hyacinths are up!
      [​IMG]Laguna - Orange Tea Dolls Violka by aernath, on Flickr

Edit: Okay, turns out, I'm an idiot. I took three cards, and only used two. I of course, tried the one that didn't get used, first. :doh So thankfully, I have all the photos!
      But now I gotta go through them all now... lol
      *WHEW*

#58 aernath, Mar 11, 2017
      Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    19. She's so pretty @aernath . THose pants are adorable.

I found shoes that fit Olivka! Theyre for TenPing dolls
      [​IMG]