1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Orientdolls choco vampire discussion

Jan 24, 2007

1. hi. i just ordered a chocolate vampire. this is my first ever doll. i want to get masterpiece eyes for it but i am not sure what size to get- i know it says 8mm but masterpiece soft glass is 7mm or 9mm. also where is a good place to get wigs for these dolls? ok i think thats it..

>^..^<
      kt

2. For Masterpiece, I would order the 9mm eyes, since OD says they will fit 8mm or 10mm...

3. ok great. are changing the eyes easy? this is my first doll and im so clueless. also anyone have a place to get wigs and what size i would need....

4. I managed to get the eyes in both of my so dolls. it was "fun" because they are so small, but it was not that hard. Just takes some practice to get them both pointing the way you want with the eye putty.

5. eye putty...where would you get that. im a total novice and pretty much clueless. i live in the US if that is helpful. also anyone know of a good place for wigs for this size doll?

6. Mine came with eye putty, a small jar. I dont know if its because the chocolate doll came with eyes (but not installed) or if its because I ordered extra eyes. I suspect the first. It was enough for both of these with some left over.
      But in general, people have used all sorts of things, from glue, to plastecine to sculpty (not baked of course). I also have that stuff (not sure what its called) that you can use to hang posters. be careful though, make sure what you use doesnt stain and wont harden permanently.

Wigs, well you can get a limited number from OD. Or TinyBear makes tibeten wool ones. If you look in the marketplace under eyes and wigs you can find some selection of both acrylic and natural fibres of all sorts.

Right now, mine are hairless. I got one OD wig and while I like it, I want to dye it first.

7. I usually use Mack's silicone ear plugs for eye putty. It's available in most drugstores. Denverdoll and bjdollorama would sell wigs in this size. I'm usually a tinybear die-had so I usually order each of my dolls at least one wig from member Tinybear

8. oh the ear silicone will work thats good to know and i know i can get that easily. i like the wigs that tinybear makes a lot, so i will be contacting her. i did order a wig with the doll as well- you can dye the OD wig? oh that might be cool.

is the head easy to take apart to insert new eyes? i got the choco vampire with the 7 wings too so i think it comes with eyes but it doesnt say color or anything.

its funny to me how excited i am to get a doll! i have (guess i should say had) never been a doll person but i really like this one (i like the blue elf fairy doll that BC made but i missed that one).

9. My choco came with eyes (color is random) but the eyes come with the doll, not installed. the head cap comes off very easily to put them in. She came with eye putty too so no need hunt for more. I have a pair of eyes on order from leeke too that shipped yesterday with my last order of reservation wigs. I'm waiting to do my faceups until I decide who will get the red eyes (white or chocolate).

I have no idea how well the wig will dye, but I'm going to find out!

I totally love the look and feel of tinybear wigs and have heard only good things about the quality and service (saw one in person at last meet) but am currently looking for a non-pelt substitute. but that is a totally personal thing.

10. i would prefer a non pelt myself, didnt realize they were pelted. i do some needlefelting with loose wool so i just didnt think about it, although the wigs are very very nice and they are the look i want. will have to give that some thought. well i feel better about not stessing about the putty. im thinking of getting the soft glass masterpiece eyes (i "remade" a vinyl baby into a mandrake doll for witch costume and i used red masterpiece eyes and needle and wet felted wool for the leaves and used genesis paint and got it greenish-and i like the way the eyes looked). i want to get something with a purple tint as these dolls remind me of drow and drizzt has purple eyes. do you know what is used for hair on the OD wigs? some dyes work great on wool and not so good on synethics.

>^..^<

11. Wow, Kathrynmary that sounds like lots of work and imagination. I dont think you'll have problems with these guys if you can do that. Amazing imagination!

I dont know what the OD wigs are made of. It came inside out. I can take a picture if it would help. They are not expensive (4.5) so if I mess up dyeing it, no big deal.

I know I can get acrylic 'fun fur' at the local fabric store that looks quite similar so I may get some and play with those too.

12. Well, I just got back from my trip. I still can't figure out why I cant post pics on this list so I just put them up on my website instead. I left them a bit bigger so that they show up better.

I modified a travel jewelry case (there is a long strap with it too). I bought 3, one for my Catsy, one for my incomming winged Ji and one for my friend who is strongly thinking about a winged vampire of her own but wants to wait until she can see mine in person before deciding.
      Here is the addy: http://groups.msn.com/candg/bjds.msnw

Griffonfeathers - where did you get the small cat eyes? I would love some but don't know where to get them.

Hope the link works!

13. Oh I forgot to mention, I had to put up a film on the mirror so that I didn't get glare from the flash on my cammera.

14. Leeke sometimes has the tiny cat eyes in stock. right now, they have no 8mm in stock at all. I have a pair of the red ones on the way now though. i wish i had grabbed a pair of the cats eyes at the time too (they were in stock).

15. I just got my chocolate winged Ji and normal winged Ye and I am sooo excited. Just put up pics in my folder "Ana's minis" in the yahoo group Our Miniature Dollfies. Sorry that not all the pics are clear, I was in a hurry to get to work but wanted to put the pics up. I didn't even put Ji's eye's in LOL! Will do that today and retake pictures. WIll be posting to my web-site later on today for all of you to take a look.

Both of my guys are quite kicky unfortunately. Will have to restring perhaps next week. This weekend I am going to my friends house to show off my little vampires so she can see them IRL and decide which one she wants. Right now is is saying "if I want any" 'cuae she thinks they are too small but I think when she sees them she will not be able to resist. Heck, I even made her a carry case like the one in my pics. Will try to post pics of my ducky outfits for Lekee this weekend. I am hoping to shrink it to fit the OD I now have.

Wanting to go home right now and play with my new babies!
      Ana

16. Hi thought I'd post this here also. I'm gathering info on dolls with magnetic wings. mine won't arrive til mid April or may so thought I'd ask those who may have received their dolls .

Here's my thread post on asking about wings:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125673

17. Thanks Calliope! They're so adorable, I can't stand it! I'm still waiting on my winged snow dong girl so it's really great to get to see other people's photos. Yep, I'm currently living vicariously through the winged vamps of others!:3nodding: I love their little travel boxes you've given them. Such a great idea. I love to see what other people choose to haul their BJDs around in. Too much fun!

18. i got my chocolate ye vamp girl today. shes so cute. the eyes were in already- i got her from denver dolls maybe thats why. there is quite a bit of putty in there maybe i can reuse it when i get new eyes. it does look like its going to be a bit frustrating removing/installing her eyes since she is so tiny. i got a wig too but its pretty big so im going to need a wig and some clothes for her, i looked at a few kelly dolls today since i read they could fit but the ones i saw are not what im looking for.

19. It's great that the Tommy and Kelly clothes can fit the So vampires. Do the shoes also fit? If not, where can I find shoes? Thank you!:daisy

20. i love the interchangeable wings picture