1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Parabox Feedback (2009)

Dec 17, 2008

1. Parabox Feedback

Write about your experience with this company and their products!

Please consider answering the following questions about your experience. If there is additional information that you would like to add, please feel free!

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      * Would you order from this company again?
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?​

2. * What did you order?
      Two 1/6 Obitsu heads, two pieces of Saran hair, a 1/6 Obitsu doll.

* When did you order?

On April 2nd.

From their website directly.

There was no real communication. You're required to pay as soon as you place the order through their Paypal cart, so Paypal sends you a confirmation mail afterward. They do send an email when your order ships, though.

Easy, through Paypal. As I wrote above, please notice that you're required to pay as soon as you place your order, and Paypal is the only method they offer.
      EDIT. Silly me, I didn't notice you can actually pay with credit cards too (look for the option as they redirect you to the Paypal site). It isn't necessary to have a PP account.

Fast enough. It was actually 4 days until they finally shipped my order, but take into consideration I placed my order just before the weekend.
      Also, they only offered EMS as their shipping method. My order arrived in 8 days, longer than the usual estimate for an EMS shipment... but then again, bear in mind that it was Easter time and that's a major holiday in my country, so all mail was delayed at least 3 days.

Yes, indeed. As distributors they sell at pretty reasonable prices and even offer a EMS flat rate depending on the total amount of your order, with free shipping for order over $100. On the other hand, their 1/3 Obitsu dolls are priced at higher prices that the ones you'll find in other stores, since they have to cover for that free shipping offer.

Yes, they did.

Yes.

N/A

Most definitely.

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Yes, though I prefer buying my products first-hand whenever possible.

3. * What did you order? I ordered a Parabox rooted head, Body, and Decal eyes
      * When did you order? May 30, 2009
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? I ordered through a distributor
      * How was the communication? Wonderful! Answered every e-mail!
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy...I used Paypal
      * How long did it take to ship? It only took about a week!
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Actually, it was a very good quality. And the price was actually a lot cheaper than expected.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? yes!
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes! Extremely satisfied!
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A
      * Would you order from this company again? Definitely!
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Maybe...if it is too expensive from the company its self or if they don't like my preferred payment method. But that is very unlikely.

4. * What did you order?
      1/6th scale soft body, 2 Female in S and L 23cm and 1 Male in 27cm. 1 "Muffin" head, plus eyes and a wig, 2 male heads - one in flesh and one clear, one "eyeless" solid anime-style head. None had hair.

* When did you order? 9/18/09

Directly from Parabox

Not so good. The items didn't ship when they said they would, so I emailed to ask. Never received a reply, but the items came three days later and with a postal receipt showing they had mailed the day after I emailed them.

Very. Paid through PayPal, received receipt confirmation and EMS tracking # right away.

Over two weeks. I had to email them to ask why it hadn't shipped yet.

Yes. I was surprised that the quality was as good as it was for so cheap. They upgraded my "Muffin" head to the new sculpt with the eye pockets, which made installing the eyes literally a snap.

Exactly!

Yes.

n/a

*cough* I'm in the middle of placing another order right now, for some of their dog forms and another couple bodies to finish off my Silent Hill cast..

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Yes. I'd love to buy some of their bigger sculpts.

5. What did you order?
      8 inch kimono wig, shining brown colour

When did you order?
      Nov 22, 2009

Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      Directly from the Parabox website.

How was the communication?
      There was none. The only proof that there had been a purchase was the Paypal email receipt; there wasn't any emails regarding shipping. As a result, they never emailed to say they're actually out of stock of the item I bought, and that they sent me 2 wigs in its stead, except those 2 wigs are 10 cm and will never fit on any doll I own.

How easy was it to pay?
      Easy with immediate Paypal payment.

How long did it take to ship?
      They shipped on Nov 30 according to the package stamp.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      I can't really answer this as I never got the item I actually paid for.

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Of the items they sent me instead, yes.

Were you satisfied with the product?
      Definitely not.

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      I sent emails but received no replies, then finally signed up to their forum, posted a thread and then got asked by the admin to PM the details. After a day or two of communication, they apologized and said they should've informed me about the item being out of stock and that they'll never restock it, and then offered refund or exchange. I chose refund as I didn't really want anything else but that wig.

Would you order from this company again?
      No.

Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      If there's someone offering their 8 inch kimono wig, maybe.