1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Parabox/Iplehouse hybrid?

Jan 24, 2018

1. Hello! I currently have a FID Bianca, which has a very realistic look, and I want to achieve a more anime look without having to buy another complete doll. I have browsed around on DoA and I hadn't seen any other thread or forum related to this topic, so I decided to ask myself. I have been looking at a Parabox Ai-chan or Luna head and I was wondering if it would look okay on the FID body (or if it would even work). I am looking for any head that would help achieve this look on the FID body overall. Thanks a lot everyone.

2. I tend to check shoulder width (and neck circumference) for vinyl/resin compatibility. It's not fool proof of course, since heads vary in size and shape - but it certainly gives you a decent idea.

According to the Iplehouse website, the FID body has a 9.5cm shoulder width. Whereas, the Obitsu/Parabox bodies are 45cm (8.5 width), 47/48/50cm (10 width). So it certainly seems plausible to be proportionate.

Oh, also I recommend getting a head in the size range of the body or it may look a bit bobble-headed. Before I traded away a 1/4 sized resin body I placed the default 50cm head on it just to compare...and it ended up looking a bit too big for my tastes. I wish I could find the photo now. :/

3. @Azael Thank you, I never thought to compare the shoulder widths. I had been looking at neck circumference, and the heads definitely seems like they would fit the neck, but I was just nervous about it looking like a bobble-head. I really want to try to make it work, especially because Parabox heads are cheaper (which means I can save more for my next full doll purchase).

4. *nods* That's another good thing, if it doesn't quite fit as you would've liked then you won't be out so much. :3