1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Particular items you like to buy most for your dolls

Apr 30, 2017

1. I think I am developing a love of bjd eyes a lot. Most are so pretty. I have more eyes than dolls. I have certain colors that my dolls wear and when I see a really nice style, I always debate to buy them. Any one has a thing that you just love?

2. Doll clothing in general. One of the first things I noticed about the hobby was how absolutely fashionable these dolls could be. They have a wardrobe ten thousand times better than my own, and a lot of doll owners will echo that.

I also love props and can't turn down a good one either. Between these two I could flatten my wallet pretty fast.

3. I usually have a specific thing I like shopping for for each doll. Like with Aelic, his eyes and wig are set and done, so I loooove shopping for cute clothes for him. In Ilya's case, it's eyes (though I think I've finally found the perfect ones after months).

Overall, I'd say my favorite thing would be clothes (...especially if they're for Aelic). :lol: Accessories and props are a close second though! I love finding in-scale props and accessories, especially in non-doll shops. It's exciting!

4. I'm becoming more and more attached to jointed hands--at first, I had only a few, but now 6 of my 13 dolls will have them...

I'm also slowly getting most of my dolls types of lace or rooted or "ventilated" wigs. I like being able to style them.

I like doing a lot of things for my dolls myself (like the wigs), so the process of getting them their supplies is an exercise in learning what I'm too picky about to buy (so I do it myself) and what I don't want to spend time on (so I buy it; like jointed hands).

My biggest money sink, however, is probably fabric. I sew, so having fabrics that feel and look exactly how I want can be pricey. But because they're dolls, they usually only need a yard max, so it's easier to justify than buying for myself.

5. After each one gets their proper eyes (which I'm slowly sorting out), I'd like to see if I can take my cues from each individual doll to buy them what they need. I like to buy faceplates for Unoa best of all but not all my dolls are Unoa. ;) Otherwise, its like a game to find a special thing for each doll. A guessing game combined with a scavenger hunt x the number of dolls and then TRY to combine layaways and shipping at least once in a while, maybe!

As far as purchased goods, I'm finding that each doll seems to require some defining thing that is a bit different for each one. Shiva has her helmet, 2 wanted jointed hands, one wants a particular wig, another needed a Fer...so it's more listening to/living with the doll and figuring out what their own thing is, then I can seek it out. Not once have I gotten something, put it on them and THEN had the 'aha, that's what was needed' moment...at least not yet. Nor can I seem to buy anything good before they get here, I've been trying to source some things for the Saint that will come home later this year and nope, it's not working. The closest to that was knowing Shiva would want the helmet offered for sale with her when we ordered her.

6. Wigs and eyes, man...
      I'm all about those wigs and eyes... :3

7. Props! They're my favorite, to pose them with, take photos of, or just have as decoration. My favorite are things that aren't really meant to be for dolls but simply happen to be in scale :)

8. I love all the clothes and shoes but I have to say, I have a soft spot for wigs. My dolls could have the perfect hair, yet still I love to keep trying new ones. :)

9. I'm a little obsessed with chokers. My first doll body is not here yet but I already got 5 chokers ready for him :love

10. Shoes & clothes for my girls. Currently I'm trying to focus more on my boys, but my girls outnumber them and are more demanding... so... :XD: Wigs used to be on the list, but currently most of my dolls have settled on a wig style so I can start to slim down the collection.

11. Props-- specifically toys, when it comes to Vince and especially Billy. I thought it would be clothes for Vince, but... I've made some of his things, my sister's made him stuff, but I'm not good at prop-making so it's the one thing I have to buy if I want him to have it.

12. Wiiiiiiigs...I have no dolls and three wigs so far, and I have a whole shopping cart full of more that I'll buy when I have the money!

13. .

#13 Gintsumi, Apr 30, 2017
      Last edited: Mar 1, 2024
    14. Wigs. Definitely wigs! I can't resist a pretty wig. It's so easy to change a doll's look by just plopping some new locks on their noggin.

15. Shoes, shoes, and more shoes! I can't seem to make decent shoes and I just love shoes in general and so do my dolls!

16. I will say : wig/eyes actually
      but I also love re-ments and furniture

17. I love buying eyes as well, as well as little accessories.

18. Right now I would say props. They help "explain" a dolls' character to me. My problem is that it's hard to find SD sized items that aren't either expensive or if the item is not the shipping is extremely expensive!
      The other thing I buy often are wigs - they make it so easy to change the look of a doll.

19. Now that I've learned how to make my own yarn wigs...I want to make multiple wigs for all my dolls! It's so much fun, and with so many color combos (endless!), this could spiral out of control.... I admit to making wefts just because it's fun...;)

20. For me, it's gotta be props. I love miniatures, and they make a doll feel more real to me. I just got a harp for a guy I'm expecting, and even without its owner I could just happily stare at it. So small, so cool!