1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Patience in the hobby

Nov 19, 2017

1. I'm sure everyone learned pretty quickly the level of patience you need to have to be in this hobby, including me as a newbie. The thing I'm currently impatient about is finding a seller for a body I want and knowing I'm either going to have to wait a while and keep looking or just cave and order new and deal with DollZone wait times :...(

What's something you guys are currently impatient about/have been impatient about? I'm curious to know! (Plus it might make me feel better about how impatient I feel right now knowing what others frustrations are :XD:)

2. I’m ridiculously inpatient to grt my Mungyo chalk pastels in the mail so I can do my Amara’s faceup :whee: I have her hair I need to make into a wig too but the cap keeps slipping(her elf ears are in the way a little) so I’m waiting for a silicone cap to come in the mail too.....the wait is driving me nuts, but I have my doll so that’s a plus! :cheer

But yeah.....learning to be patient is a good thing....I’m still learning too hahahahaha....ha....:|yeaaaah waiting sucks.

3. I'm impatiently waiting for my next doll to be ready. At this point, I'm telling myself it's almost a good thing, since I won't be distracted by sewing projects during finals... But I'm also impatient to start making clothes for her, but I can't proceed until I know how things will fit!

4. That’s SUCH a dilemma!! XD and going off of chart details can still mess you up unless you have a dummy body to work with for fittings...xp I completely get that info about finals too priorities suck sometimes :sweat

5. It's annoying. I ordered a doll from daydream and keep checking for dispatch notices. He's a very special character, and I want him now.

6. In this hobby i didn't learn only to be patient, i also learned forgetting things you order, you request face up is easier than being patient. LOL xD I had few dolls coming and few are with the artist so yes i am patient enough because i start forgetten about them.

7. This is how I feel about the body I want! I've bonded with my little floating head and I want them to be a full doll already!!

8. I can understand you quite well. Recently I got my second doll and wanted to give him a faceup to turn him into the character I envisioned from him. But he has some heavy sealant residues, so I am impatiently waiting for the W&N Brush cleaner which won't be here before december so I can finally finish him. Having a doll sitting there unfinished is hard to endure. :sweat

I also comissioned two outfits which are estimated to take 12-14 weeks :sigh

9. Waiting for a clothing order to be made!
      I got a doll in October who I am having a bit of trouble finding clothes that fit. I did order a pair of pants and a tank top, and waited three weeks for the clothes to be made. The clothes didn’t fit, even though they said standard msd, not slim. Oh well, so I ordered from a different seller yesterday. Another two or more weeks waiting for this order. Patience is a must in this hobby! Too bad I’ve learned only a little, lol.

10. Same, my floating head is blank while I try and find a good respirator, I just wanna paint them already!!!

11. I just ordered 2 heads the other day and let me tell you, I always lose the waiting game so I have to force myself to forget about things I order by distracting myself with other things going on. :yawn

But when they finally arrive the wait is worth it!:3nodding:

12. I get more impatient with the marketplace and shipping than anything else!

The marketplace gets to me because either no one is buying things I want to sell, no one is selling things I want to buy, I can’t get the money fast enough for things I’d like to buy or I keep checking for replies to messages that sometimes take days or over a week to hear back. That last part really stresses me out because sometimes I’ve waited so long to either never hear back or they tell me they aren’t interested/changed their mind/item is sold after a week or more and by then I’ve missed out on a different seller/buyer.

The mail makes me impatient because it seems to always be slower than expected or tracking doesn’t update regularly. I’m currently on day 10 of an EMS package that hasn’t moved in all that time...it should already be here!

Funny, wait times on new dolls don’t bother me nearly as much as these things, unless they go way over the estimated wait time.

13. I definitely get that. I have to wait till spring to even ORDER my very first doll. Till then I am just going to focus on learning sewing. and eye making. That's the key I hope. Just find something else to distract you.

14. I had to wait eight months for a doll once. That was unbearable! I ordered right as Lati started having massive order delays - I think the wait time was over a year at one point. I love the secondhand market because I get things right away! Recently I was very upset with USPS because they had lost a doll I bought, but that was more about the fear of them never finding her than the extra couple weeks wait time.

15. Yeah this is why I'm trying to find the body I want second-hand first cuz DollZone are notorious for long ass wait times :atremblin

16. I am currently waiting for a Ringdoll Lucifer and a Spiridoll Atropa. the wait for my Lucifer is proving to be the hardest since my first bjd, I suppose it's because the character it will shell is probably, off of my OCs, the one I love and roleplay with the most, it's very alive and present and I just feel the need of shelling him now :sweat I must admit I got a little restless for the wait of my Aprilstory boy as well, but that was a combination of promised wait times that weren't met and me rubbing salt on the wound by stalking their waiting room here on DoA.
      Good luck to everyone who's waiting on a doll-related parcel and may the wait fly by unnoticed for all of us :eusa_pray

17. I'm really excited to join this community and I just ordered my first doll. That said, it will take several months for me to receive it. I am anxious! In the meantime, I'll practice sewing and 3D printing, I suppose.

18. I'm saving for a body for a head I've had for over a year and it is taking forever! My doll needs a friend! I could get a cheaper body for another one, but it makes more sense storywise this way and also the wait will be shorter the second time around.

19. Oooh congrats on ordering your first doll!! Definitely going to be one of the hardest waits, I haven't ordered my first full doll yet (my floating head was a gift) and I know it'll seem much longer of a wait than it is haha. But good idea practicing stuff for when it arrives!

20. So now another thing I need to patient about is marketplace access xD I've filled in the application so now I wait! Very eager to see if I can find the body I want!