1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

PayPal (Long overdue) In Regards to Doll/Doll item Sales

Nov 28, 2008

1. In regards to doll sales and doll item salles. I will no longer be using them due to them holding a payment I received.

This is the letter I received from Paypal:

We're holding the funds for 1 payment that you've received for items sold on eBay.

The total amount on hold in your account is: $XXX.XXUSD

PayPal and eBay are working together to make payments for eBay items even safer. Because we want both buyers and sellers to feel confident about sending and receiving payments through PayPal, we may temporarily hold payments for items sold on eBay.

Make sure to ship the item right away, so you'll have access to the funds sooner. We'll release the hold in 21 days unless you receive a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal on the transaction subject to the hold. We may release the hold earlier if either of the following occurs:

The buyer leaves you positive feedback on eBay.
      We confirm that the item was delivered.* We can confirm delivery if you ship the item with USPS, FedEx, or UPS and either use PayPal shipping labels or upload tracking information from the transaction details page. This applies to transactions within the United States.
      Additional hold period

If you receive a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal on the transaction subject to the hold, we may hold the payment until the problem is resolved

2. This sounds like a scam, No way would they send this email telling you thay are holding your money than tell you to ship the item straight away, I would report this it pay pal
      and dont hit any links they might send.

3. hmmmmm, i don't think they can do that, sounds fishy. did you check your paypal account to see if the money is actually on hold?
      if so, i would ask if this is new policy and why weren't you told of this beforehand.

4. Actually this is typical Ebay policy that went into effect recently. There's a thread here about it all somewhere.

Hang in there Bubble Gum Goth! :-/

I didn't know they were applying this to doll sales, I thought it was for 'risky category' sales, or newer members at Paypal?

Raven

5. No, this is new rules that were implemented by eBay and Paypal several months ago.. along with the thing where sellers can no longer leave neg feedback for buyers at all.

6. if i'm not wrong its for sellers with less than certain amt of feedback.

here

7. the odd thing is, I recently sold something (in early november), I have under 100 feedback (48) and other then waiting for the echeck to clear.....I got my money right away. I also have been a member of Ebay for a long time (2000?) so I'm not sure if that made a difference.

8. I just checked my rating, it's 23, but all positive. How frustrating! I feel like I'm being penalized because I don't sell often!

9. It might be something to do with the buyer being overseas as well, if I remember correctly ~ not sure if that was the case for you, but I have heard of it happening. The new rules are to protect buyers but honestly it seems to give people a lot of loopholes for scammen honest sellers, too:(

10. I ran into this problem when I wanted to sell some nonBJD items on Ebay. I even looked for the info beforehand, because I remembered the boycott earlier. But it only said they might hold the money after I was almost done listing my item! I'm not sure it's worth the hassle of selling on Ebay anymore. I have something like 85 all positive feedback, but apparently it's not enough for them anymore. :|

11. This sounds more like an issue with eBay, rather than PayPal specifically. This is an eBay rule, not a PayPal one (yes, I know they are the same company now) so it only affects people selling on eBay, not people just using PayPal as a method to receive/send payments for non-eBay items.

12. i have sold quite alot of things on ebay for quite sometime,i dont have a shop i just find bits and pieces and sell some of my dolls on there from time to time,i also buy alot on ebay too,i have never really had any problems as a buyer,and i am always honest in my feedback,but as a seller i think ebay sucks lately,i have had recently quite afew very slow payers and non payers and have had to open disputes and even when i win the dispute i cannot leave negative feedback for the buyer,i think this is very unfair,everything i send has to be tracked as sellers cannot trust buyers anymore as they know the buyers have more rights than the seller,i much prefered ebay the old way,i hate the new rules,
      i havent had any of my funds held yet but i do have 100% feedback but it annoys me that ebay is so pro-buyer and anti-seller,as long as they get their money paypal dont really care,i would like to sell somewhere else but ebay is the most popular still to promote your items,also paypal and ebay fees are so high the money they makeoff sellers is quite disgusting really,they make loads off me as i sell alot of high priced stuff,i just think its not very fair and they havent gone about it in the right way,sure there are some tit for tat people out there who leave negative for no reason but it does work both ways ,buyers can be just as horrible,i once had a buyer who bought something off me for £30 and i state pay in seven days,i sent her several polite messages,and a reminder,no reply,then after 10 days waiting i said i would open a dispute and she sent me an email with loads of crappy attitude init saying she werent going to bother paying anymore,there was simply no need,!!some people just dont care and they know as a buyer they can get away with it now

13. The rule holds for anyone with a low feedback. Doesn't matter if it's 100% positive, just low. The consensus on powersellersunite.com (a site started by ex-sellers on ebay) is that ebay is trying to go "upscale" and basically doesn't want the garage-empty-er, mom&pop seller, or odd-piece sellers any more. I do remember an official high in ebay who said during a Q&A last year, that they were trying to get away from selling "garbage". You know, the stuff that made them the place they are today.

There's nothing much you can do except get your feedback up as fast as possible. Ebay OWNS paypal, and it's no wonder PP accepts ebay rules. And then there's the newest one where you can't even mention in your listing that you'd accept money orders or checks. ALL payments now have to be electronic, and that means paypal, since ebay refuses to allow any of the other electronic funds-transfer companies access. (And they keep pushing for the seller to offer free shipping and just hide the charge in a higher selling price. Of course they want that, since they charge you final fees based on the final price, not on separate shipping charges!)

In fact, the users of middleman auction management companies like Auctiva and others are going to be surprised since it was also quietly mentioned that ebay is looking to eliminate their use as well and force sellers to use its own auction management services.

14. Ebay has really gone down the crapper in recent years with all their new rules and fees.
      Last year, I got scammed by a powerseller big time. The listing stated he was selling a set of two dolls and I specifically asked him if it was indeed for two separate dolls and he replied yes. I did not recieve my items until three months later and when I did, he only sent one doll!! I had opened a dispute when it had been more than two weeks without recieving my items but nothing ever happened. NOTHING. I never got the second doll or a partial refund.

That was more than a year ago and I haven't used ebay since. I've used paypal seperate from ebay for a while now but haven't had a problem with it.