1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Peakswoods Product Review

Nov 6, 2012

1. Please copy and paste this template, then give your responses. :)

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      * Would you buy more from this company?

Feel free to include one or two photos of your purchase.

2. What did you order?
      Halloween event FOF v.f. Lady Alice in blue-grey skin

When did you order?
      October 2013

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Very. Not an unfair price for a limited doll.

Did the item look like the sales pictures?

In my opinion it looks like the sales pictures.

Were you satisfied with the product?
      Yes, very.

Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional):
      The resin is some of the best quality I've seen. My doll was cast very carefully so there wasn't any big seam lines of any sort. The stringing was great and tight and she came assembled and with eyes as promised.

Would you buy more from this company?
      I'm already waiting for another two dolls.

My girl:
      [​IMG]

3. * What did you order?

LE full set Cue and FOC Mintie

* When did you order?

12/16/2013

Yes! Excellent! The face-up in particular is gorgeous in person. I couldn't have been more delighted. In addition, Peak's Woods has created a new body style, the Lolita body, which is replacing the original Fairy of Color body, and it's more posable than the older style.

Exactly! I ordered an open-eye Cue, however, but I asked for a face-up similar to the LE Sleeping Cue in the photos. She is very, very close!

Yes! I'm more than pleased.

The outfit is very detailed. You couldn't tell from the original photos, but the underskirt is a separate piece, so it can be worn as a short dress or a long dress as desired. Plus, there were two different headbands included--a red and black one, and a different faux leather one with bunny ears. I really love the details of the chains on the corset, too. The company included a random wig with the doll, as well--and I got a pretty straight black wig, which really pulls together the doll's Snow White look. She's just gorgeous! Honestly, I can't think of anything negative.

Yes, and I already have!

[​IMG]
      Cue and Chanel by alington, on Flickr

[​IMG]
      So pretty! by alington, on Flickr

4. What did you order?
      I ordered FOB Lady Bee with a faceup in normal skin.

When did you order?
      I did a layaway in June 2011. It took about four months for me to get her in the mail. :3

She is absolutely amazing! The faceup is beyond gorgeous. <3 The resin is very solid and heavy, she is a hefty doll.

Yes! This was the first doll I ever ordered and she is very cute. The faceup is extremely adorable, and just like the sales pictures.

Absolutely! Like I've said above, she has solid resin and is very heavy. She stands like a rock, very steady! Her faceup is the best company faceup I've ever seen! She has smooth, even color, and her resin feels really nice. She was also strung well. This doll is very well made! I would say she is very high quality in craftsmanship. When I first got her, I was disappointed to realize that her single joints were very limiting when it came to posing. I'm glad Peakswoods has come out with new body sculpts that are more versatile.

Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      Positives
      -Amazingly adorable sculpts
      -Beautiful company faceups :love
      -Excellent quality, construction, and details
      -Came with super pretty eyes
      -Peakswoods was very easy to work with on layaway, and they had great customer service! They're very nice.

Negatives
      -Single-jointed body is not as versatile in posing as I would personally like

Without a doubt! I love virtually each and every one of their sculpts. I highly recommend them! My dream would to be to own a small army of Peakswoods beauties. :aheartbea

5. * What did you order?
      FOC Hunky Dory Blue head, Foc Rosemii Blossom Head and Limited Fob Dotty Muse Vampire (complete incl. face up).

* When did you order?
      2016-2017

Perfect. The resin is not to thin just perfect.

Yes absolutely.

More than that.

Positive: Layaway option (long time layaway). It is easy and the customer service is perfect.
      Negative: nothing.

Yes and i def. will!

6. What did you order?
      FOC Red in the Suntan color with the default face-up

When did you order?
      December 2018, paid through their layaway option which I finished in March of 2019, she arrived at the beginning of May the same year.

Definitely, this doll is very well sculpted and designed

Exactly, I got her with a company face-up and it's identical

Yes, very.

Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional):
      I love the Red sculpt, her expression is so cute, the Suntan color is much more like an actual tan (not a darker skin tone like most companies tan's). She poses very well and the face-up she came with is soooo gorgeous! I guess the only 'bad' thing about her is that the FOC Lolita body is a little smaller than average 1/3 girl bodies, so most of the usual clothes for them are too big on her (._.")

Absolutely, I really want some of their clothes and maybe one of their smaller dolls too =^_^=

7. * What did you order?
      The little red riding hood outfit.

* When did you order?

December 2020

I thought the quality was great! There are lots of items and layers in this outfit and each one of them is well made and detailed. For example: the iinner part of the cape was lined with fur, and the underskirt had different fabrics. The shipping and customs fees did make it quite expensive, however.

They looked even better because you couldn’t make out all the details in the sales pictures.

I’m really happy with the oufit.

I definitely would, but it doesn’t really seem like they get new items or dolls very often.