1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Pediophobia

Sep 13, 2005

1. I showed my dolls to my Step-dad for the first time last weekend and he was asking me all sorts of questions. But he seemed to be more wary of my Pukifee. When I took Jasmine's (MSD) head off to show him, he was fine, but as soon as I took Chi's (Pukifee) head off, he was like "Oh my, that's creepy!" - I didn't see the difference to be quite honest, but oh well XD

2. I don' like reborns, particularly the ones that are too realistic, and asleep, they do, to me, look like they are dead babies. I don't like those living dead dolls, either, or anything representing 'zombies'.

3. Back at my old school when I was first getting into the hobby some of my friends were down right terrified of them. I asked her why and she said it was because the eyes and how realistic they look since it casts off a shimmer. I didn't ask her but I'm assuming other dolls with eyes like these would scare her too.
      And since how many movies or stories there are out there that are about a doll that they wonder why it looks life-like [they see the realisticness in their eyes or expressions] and it turns out to be the doll is possessed by some bad spirit and it comes around to kill them all.

I am not afraid of dolls and surely not BJDs, but I can see why some people don't like them because how they might have realistic aspects to them. Like I've seen other people on this thread state that they don't like reborn baby dolls because they have down right too many features and look just too real.
      Those absolutely mortify me, plus some of the people I've seen that collect them honestly do believe that they are real and it makes me uncomfortable and want to cry.
      But I do not believe that all of the ones who collect them are like that.

4. Just wanna say first, everytime I see this thread I'm like "pedophelia wtf?' lol.

But anyway, in my experience so far its usually the eyes that creep people out. I guess its the realism aspect bothers them. Doesn't bother me though and actually I prefer glass eyes because I think they look more realistic. I had one girl say one of my girls was creepy but she said it was because it was a half naked doll lol. To be clear she had on long pants and a somewhat skimpy top....so not naked lol.

5. Some at-least-part-pediophobic friends of mine actually linked me a youtube -video, where a girl is just holding her pretty BJD, then apparently for no reason at all, the dolls head turns towards the girl by itself ...which results the girl screaming and throwing the doll away xD

That's one "reason" I've gotten out of my pediophobic friends. The other one came from the person who dislikes dolls the most; he finds them extremely creepy because of the fact that they are so lifelike. Most bjd:s look very much like humans and they are very well made to detail ...and apparently THAT is what's so creepy about them.

And, after all, the best horror stories usually have something to do with dolls xD

6. I thinck its all about fear meeting the new "species". I've noticed that people are affraid of those dolls, that look like human, but not of those that look like elfs, hobbits and etc. Its becouse elfs are fictional to us, but human beings are real. THey are affraid to see odd litle people, that "can" be alive.