1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Photobucket ToS changes

Jul 5, 2017

1. I'm really sad that it won't let me download my albums, but I may try again later since it could be due to high traffic on the site. Gonna save them to my external hard drive if I can. Anyone else been having trouble downloading full albums? (Also when I click on an individual photo, it won't show.)

2. Depends on how many photos are in the album. I had trouble with ones that had lots of photos. The smaller ones were pretty quick.

3. I have found it works best late in the evening, about 9 PM Pacific time. Check the downloaded files!

4. I am on deviant art. Can I put my pictures on there and then load them here on DOA?
      I dont pay for any fees on deviant art so will I still be able to post pictures there and use them here or will I have to pay membership fees in order to use them?
      I tried uploading my pictures on deviant art but they wouldnt go?????
      I am so intimidated by these tech things. I just get used to one way and I have to change to another...uhh..sooo frustrating. Why didnt den of angels just leave it the old way were I could use pictures from my photo album.
      Sorry,

5. I do not believe DeviantArt permits using their service as an image host (which is why it's obfuscated how to do it). And DoA did not make this change (and is also not an image host).

I personally find Flickr easy to use, as it allows batch processing, editing, sorting into (multiple) albums, and auto-generates bbcode for you at whatever size you need.

6. A long time ago, I used to work for an ISP who also ran a small site hosting business. And one thing I have learned is that hosting stuff is not cheap. It costs a lot of money. Every time someone looks at a picture on the internet, it costs money to the company that is hosting it.

So, I guess I can say that I sorta understand where PB is coming from, especially if most of their users are non-paying members. However, I think the way they are going about getting the income to continue supporting their hosting costs is just bad form. They could have offer tiered services, that allows 3rd party hosting, not just the highest tier.

And guys, I believe (and I hope that I am wrong) that just moving to another free hosting provider would only be a temporary solution. Eventually even Flickr and other hosting sites will have higher operating costs, especially with the addition of so many new users. They may have to place a fees system as well eventually. If this does happen, I hope they handle the costs in a more graceful manner.

7. There weren't many people using that feature, so it didn't make sense to keep it. But if it had been more popular, we wouldn't have been able to afford it.

This is true. We have looked into the costs of hosting images on DoA directly, and we can't afford it due to bandwidth costs.

8. I dunno if this would help some folks trying to retrieve old pictures, but has anyone tried using the Wayback Machine? It is an archive of the internet. I didn't have much success in regards to DoA (can't log in on a copy of the forum), but perhaps there are other sites that don't require a login that certain pictures can be found.

Just thinking in type...

9. Well, there's fees and then there's "Pay me several hundred bucks a year or else ..." ...

10. Has anyone else gotten an offer for a "monthly" option for the 500 Plus plan? I haven't opened it yet to see how much that will be!

11. okay, I got a flickr account, can anyone tell me how I take photos from flickr account to update my sales threads on the Market place ( what I need to copy/paste etc...) Since no more use for photobucket?

12. First, make sure your photo is set to "Public." (It should already be if you haven't changed settings.) Click the picture, then click the arrow in the bottom righthand corner. Click the "BBCode" tab on the resulting popup, and copy the coded link it gives you. Then just click "Edit" on your MP thread and paste the copied code where the broken picture was. Viola! :3nodding: (This doesn't work on the Flickr app or mobile site though. You have to be on the PC version of Flickr.) (Also, don't use the "Insert Image" box that DoA gives as an option. Just post the BBCode directly into the text box.)

13. Hello! I made a quick tutorial for people moving over to flickr that I hope is some help. If the mods find this useful, please feel free to post it in a more visible location!

You can see the original image by going to flickr if this one is too small. Text instructions are below.

[​IMG]flickr doa tutorial by SmoteyMote, on Flickr

1. Click the cloud+arrow shape in the upper right corner.

2. A window opens that you can either drag and drop your images into or click to choose your images from a file.

3. Once your image has uploaded you can give it a title and description.

4. Consider adding tags to help other people find your image! Add specific sculpt information, faceup artist, wig/eye/clothing makers, etc. If you want to have the tag contain two separate words, use quotation marks around the phrase like this: "single tag". Without the quotation marks, the tag would become two separate tags like this: single, tag

5. If you want to be more organized you can add your images to albums you've created. This isn't necessary but certainly helps find stuff or link stuff later! You can create a new album here or add stuff to albums later.

6. If you want to be part of the flickr community more actively, add your images to groups. You will need to join groups before uploading in order to add your images to them.

7. You can use the owner settings tab to create more specific restrictions on who can use or view your work.

8. Ready to post? Click the blue "Upload [number] Photo(s)" button in the top right corner of the screen and then click "Upload" on the pop-up box.

9. You should see your image show up in your photostream shortly after.

10. Ready to post to DoA or other forum? Click the curved arrow icon (between the notepad icon and the down-arrow icon).

11. Select BBCode from the list along the top.

12. Choose what size you want your photo to post to DoA (I recommend Medium 640). Copy (control+c or command+c) the text.

13. Navigate to your comment box on the forum and Paste (control+v or command+v) your text directly into the comment box. DO NOT choose the image icon as it will duplicate your bbcode tags and mess up the image. There is no need to use that icon when posting from flickr.

Good luck and happy photo sharing!

14. ..... wow okay if there is a 'section' for tutorials this needs to be there AND Mods need to get this linked to the teaching page and i know exactly how dot let them know! XD

EDIT: i sent is as a 'report post' to see if this can be added to the FAQ for picture sharing ^^... Reporting posts is a handy thing to get mods attention on something other than infractions...

15. Thank You, so much!

16. That's really disappointing, Photobucket was my go to image host for quite some time. I've used imgur for images on other sites, and it works pretty well (just check the privacy settings first.) Has anyone used that for DoA?

17. This is really disheartening. I have two photobucket accounts, one of them going all the way back to 2003 I believe. At one point I paid for the unlimited storage but once the economic depression set in, I couldn't afford it so I haven't paid for it in years. I have 14-15 years of photos over two accounts to try to download (and I get this wonderful message "Hmmm. Something didn't click. Want to give it another shot? Try again now." in every web browser I have tried) photos from since I am not 100% certain if I have copies elsewhere (I know some of them I do not because that external hard drive died and I have yet to try to send it off to a data recovery company - nobody I knew could get anything off of it and I fear everything on there is lost forever - photobucket at least held some photographic evidence of places I have been, people I have met, things I have done).

But if everyone moves to flickr, they might come down hard on 3rd party hosting as well.

@nancy_schroeder_ca What browser do you recommend using to download the albums from? I saw your recommended time frame so I will try again in a while but if you have a preferred browser, I will go with that.

18. I've been using Firefox. Good luck!

I'm getting the same thing now! Weeknights may be better.

#218 nancy_schroeder_ca, Aug 6, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2017
    19. I keep getting that same error message...I already sent an email asking for help on what to do. I am only human, I have to sleep sometime but I guess the weekends are a no go for downloading. :sigh

20. I was able to download individual pictures. But it was a small album. And be sure to check the files after you download! I have had bad downloads on albums and individual pictures.