1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Photobucket ToS changes

Jul 5, 2017

1. you won't lose access to your pics or the ability to dl them... so as far as time frame you are safe for qite a while.. but in reality there is very little use for pics on there so there is no point using them... ONE person did say they have all their stuff backed up off PB but plan to leave their stuff thier (just to eat up their storage space LOL)...

2. Well I would like to download images just in case they do decide my nonpaying accounts are deleteable without my consent.
      Plus, I have some sales images I need to put things on ebay.

3. I had thought about downloading some Photobuckets, since a lot of old fanart collections from fandoms I belonged to got stored there too, which is why I checked some of my bookmarks.

For the ones who think about linking straight to your album(s) or account, and thus technically not hotlinking a single picture, I got to tell you this won't work either.
      I actually went through someone's album, and while in the album I can see the pictures just fine clicking on them to see them on their own just ends up with being greeted by this pesky PB placeholder image :|
      It's absolutely ridiculous that even while browsing PB this happens. I tried searching for an image and then moving to someone's account, their album, then an image in the album and it was the same.
      I feel like I'm being punished because someone else decided not to get a subscription (rightfully so), and it makes their whole website pretty much unusable.
      Especially because you at first can navigate without an issue till you suddenly want to see a picture outside of its thumbnail.

Browsing the web has been pretty depressing lately, so many dead PB links on so many websites :sorry

#223 Ara, Aug 12, 2017
      Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    4. Finally made it to under 300 photos replaced...I'll have to continue it after the anniversary event...so busy...

5. I also used Photobucket until they changed their terms. I am trying to use Flickr now but I cannot get it to work. I am using an Ipad with the Flickr app. I chose the share button, then the copy url button but when I paste into DOA it gives a funny looking, short url and I get an error message. The picture won't post. Does anybody who is more savvy at this know what I am doing wrong?

6. can you switch to "PC" view?... some of the 'apps' don't work well with Flickr... using browsers and PC view can help or so i've read

7. Also, if you can, paste a copy of the url here that you're trying to use so we can see if there's a clue there.

8. When i just go onto Flickr using my browser, the copy function does not work. With the flickr app, this is what I get when I copy the url:

"Lati White Special Jia searching for new mommy!"

That is the description of the picture. Is it just copying the link? I used to select copy bbcode, whatever that means, but the app doesn't give me the option.

9. This is the actual url that's in there:
      Code:
      [URL='https://flic.kr/p/YeJAcP']Lati White Special Jia searching for new mommy![/URL]
      What you're actually looking at is likely the url for the display page the photo is in. The photo url itself would be the simple http and then a name ending in a .jpg. If nobody familiar with the flickr app comes on soon, I'll see whose brains I can pick offsite--

10. @Minigrace

The last time I checked (several months ago) there was no way to get BBcode from either 1) The Flickr app or 2) the mobile site, making it impossible for me to do on my phone. It was a known problem with multiple pages in the support communities.

BBcode looks like this: [img:doh]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4370/36796313520_0ee963dc28_z.jpg[/img:doh][/url:doh][:dohurl=https://flic.kr/p/Y4yJ3C]Poseability_AngelStudio[/url:doh] by BabylockSewing[/url:doh], on Flickr

You find it on the regular site by clicking the share arrow at the bottom righthand corner of the image you wish to insert and then a dialogue box will pop up. The last tap at the top righthand corner of the dialogue box is BBcode
      . I added the emojis to break the code so that the text would show up. This particular one seems fitting because the Flickr developers have a broken app and mobile site.

11. Thank you! That explains why I cannot get it to work. Time to fire up the old laptop! I am just accustomed to using my ipad now :)

12. from your Ipad.... go into 'browser' type viewing and make sure the page is set for PC view and not the other

13. @Lady Tiku

Can you switch to desktop view on mobile? I couldn't figure out how to do that on my phone, and the user forums seem to think you can't do this either, but perhaps Flickr has updated their site.

14. @Minigrace and others: on iPad or iPhone, you can download the Google Chrome browser, which does have an included "Request Desktop Site" feature. You have to manually navigate to Flickr on the Chrome browser, and tell your phone/iPad that you do not want to open the Flickr app. Then you should be able to click the "Request Desktop Site" button from the Chrome options in the top left corner.

There is a tutorial for posting from Flickr to DoA located here. It will work exactly the same for iPad/iPhone once you have opened the desktop version of the site through the Chrome browser.

15. Using both Safari and Google Chrome on Ipad, I am able to go to the Flickr website instead of using the Flickr app. I can locate the BB code but am unable to copy it as the copy feature does not work on Flickr. Normally you just click into the box and you get the option to select all and then choose copy. You can click at the beginning of the code and attempt to drag the bar across the code to select it to copy but it won't work.

16. @Minigrace, Instead of using the BB code, use the second half of the tutorial, the one where you use the static URL of the picture. From the desktop page in Chrome, you can hit the download button (looks like an arrow pointing down), then click on the size of photo that you want. Clicking on the size link will open the photo in another tab. You can copy the address bar URL of the photo from the address bar and paste that into the "photo" link in the DoA message area.

I can make a tutorial for this but it will take a little time.

17. Welp, Photobucket has completely lost my business now. Time to delete everything off of my account and then close it down.

18. Oh wow $400! Too expensive for me for pix. I'll need to make a Flickr account.

19. Even without charging $400, I've been having difficulties even accessing PB for the past year or so! There are ads crawling all over it and it is SO SLOW. I tried to complain to PB last year and they were all "Oh, I don't know what you're experiencing! It shouldn't be that way!" --but it just got worse from there. They have the ugliest ads, also! I can't even stand looking at them!!! :ablah:

I have a paid account, so my photos are still showing up, even though I can't really use PB any more, because of the problems above. I think they said they will block even the paid accounts eventually...

I've been trying to fix the links on some things when I can, since I still can see what is showing up... But it's a LOT of work to replace 13 years of posted photos! :...(

20. I closed my account a few weeks ago but before I did they would occasionally log me off and then it was a battle with the ads to log back on. You should at least cancel your recurring payment in Paypal. That will also tell you how long you account will work.