1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Photobucket ToS changes

Jul 5, 2017

1. You may need to hard-refresh your browser. In most browsers you can do this by holding down "Shift" while you hit the refresh button. See if that makes your new images show up!

2. Check tomorrow. I think there may be a delay before the updated pages are used.

3. It's because you have to set the album to private. I have hosted images on there for awhile now but I have my albums all set to private so no one can see them unless I give them the links.

4. Go page to page 13. Starting at message 252 there is discussion about image down loaders. I don't think a paid account will help the down load but it would give relief from the relentless adds.

5. Thanks Nancy! That helps a lot!

6. Nancy already told you about the conversation but if you use Google Chrome and have an ad blocker, you can at least stop the ads from popping up.

7. Oh, that would be nice! Thanks again for your help!

8. I wish there had been an email to all Den of Angels members regarding the deletion of posts. I was visiting the forum after a break today, read the announcement and started replacing broken images, thinking I have enough time because the cleaning doesn't start until the end of the year (three months time?), just to find some of my old posts deleted already because they had broken images.
      If it's something such as posts/threads being deleted, it would be better to give inactive members a chance to update everything in time.

I always used Imgur as well, but I guess I need to fix my galleries AGAIN, because Imgur doesn't want you using their links. I wonder why such hosting services even exist if you aren't allowed to use them...

9. The announcement has been up for four months. For the mods to personally email thousands of members would be very very time-consuming.

10. Just a reminder that the end-of-year cleanup is specifically for the Photobucket "hostage graphic". Posts and threads with broken photo links or "this photo no longer exists/is unavailable" type notices from other photo hosts have always been removed when encountered, especially from older threads/posts. (MP threads, being recent posts, are usually given a heads-up and time-frame in which to replace them.)

11. oh boy, just found out about this, this is definitely going to be a task! I better get started

12. There are mass emails to all accounts registered.

13. The giant RED message at the top of a page when you log in should be effective.. also if they mass mail out... they get mass mail 'back' which is not really acceptable... Notices are put at the top of main screans. Ppl ignore it they can ignore emails... Also i have seen too many ppl saying that they do not get email notifications for things they follow... The PSA at the header is the better option as it's there when you log in. And not all moderators have the ability to even send mass mailings.

14. I just want to thank you for such advance notice. Granted, I neglected to log in for a month, but I'm still appreciative of the bulletin. While I've not had time to reload images elsewhere, I AM copying all the photo information and stories onto my laptop to rework later. I didn't realize how prolific I was!!! Nor how I've neglected my hobby in recent years.

I do have my serial database well-copied over, the Alex and Lexi Saga, but certainly not all of my other threads. It's a work in progress and I should be finished before the New Year.

Again, I truly appreciate the notice. It would be heartbreaking to lose all that hard work. Even though I have all the originals, they're not in story-order.

15. I wish there was an unique safe place where to upload pics. What if this will happen again with other host pics free services on line? What we can do? Some forums have incorporated the possibility to host images directly in the forum itself. Do you think is it possible one day this? What other place we can use to upload pics if we dont want use or we don t have any account in other places?

16. @dollypeach

We have looked into the costs of hosting images on DoA directly in the past, and unfortunately we can't afford it due to bandwidth costs.

If you aren't interested in utilizing Flickr or Imgur, or any of the other alternatives that people have mentioned, there may not be many other options left, sadly.

17. Thanks. Yes I'm interested to use Flickr or Imgur or similar but I wonder which one is the best in terms of durability. I think Flickr is ok. I will try to open an account . Or maybe Google images.

18. You may want to consider hosting them yourself. While it will cost a little, it's not necessarily as expensive as one might think and then you are completely safe. Not only that, but most web hotels offer additional services such as cloud storage and webmail and so on. You will also retain full rights to your images.

For example, I use a web hotel that costs 12skr a month (that is roughly 1,2 euro) and the domain name costs about 100skr a year (about 10 euro). I host my blog there as well as use it as back up storage and image host.

I’m sure there are plenty of similar services out there.

19. Ditto. I've been hosting my own images since...well, for as long as I've been putting images on the internet, basically. It's why I almost never have to deal with issues with my photos going down, and when I do, it's usually very brief (a few hours at most), and related to server maintenance.