1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Photobucket ToS changes

Jul 5, 2017

1. Popping in here to say that Flickr is probably one of the better options since it does have a pretty solid community built into it already. Additionally, it generates automatic code for posting here (no need to click the tag, just copy and paste, AND it lets your choose your size, which is something I appreciate so images aren't MASSIVE when you load the page.

If using imgur, do make sure that your albums are set to private. Also be aware of their TOS that does seem to prohibit 3rd party linking.

Tumblr is fine but with the current way tumblr has been handling things (including lgbt users), it's kinda of....... sketchy right now? And I haven't used DeviantArt Stash but I've heard it's pretty decent for that kind of stuff.

2. Thank you SO much for the information about how to download whole albums! That has saved me so much time........thank you, thank you, thank you!

It will take me a long time to repair image links though as I have used PB for over 10 years.

3. Ahhh! I am not computer savy and I dont do social media. It took me fotever and lafew of doa members help to get me to understand how to post pictures here on doa from photobucket.
      Uhhh were do I go now, I am never going to do the social media thing.
      Photobucket has always been a pain though

4. I've used PB since the beginning. Back then I had a lot of pictures from my Sims game. For at least 10 years I have paied 25$ a year, but I'm not paying 399.99 per year.

I wonder if I can get my 25$ back. I just paied 22nd of June for a year.

This really sucks!

Dustbunnie

5. This just makes me glad I went with flickr. Photobucket really shot themselves in the foot on this one.

6. I am just so glad that I made the move to Flickr years ago! :ablink:

I also recommend Flickr for anyone that needs a new place for your photos, it's definitely a nice site and there's a ton of doll people on there too! ~

I do feel for all of your that have many year's worth of images on Photobucket. I do...well...did use photobucket for another thing(adoptable run on another site) and I'm having to upload everything to another place now. My images haven't been replaced with the "3rd party hosting" image yet and I'm hoping to have everything moved before that happens to easier be able to replace everything but it certainly takes quite some time to upload everything elsewhere!

7. I have been using postimg as well. They had a bit of funding trouble and only allow "family friendly" images (so I'd watch the naked dolls), but other than that it works out fine. Though if you don't make an account, I think the amount of time your images stay up will be limited.

8. Feel free to message me anytime. I would be happy to help you out if you want it!

9. Welp, guess it's time to make a Flickr or use Google+. Ugh my Photobuckets (3 of them) have stuff from 2004 and onward...

Sooooo yah all my links will be dead so my threads can be deleted or whatever the mods wanna do with my old threads.

I'll just work on moving my project journal photos for now. Ugh what a pain.

EDIT- So I just took a look at my recent WTB threads with images and an old thread from 2007, and all my images are still there. So that's good I guess? But I'll still make the switch for future stuff anyways.

10. Thanks for informing us. I had no idea about this. I guess it's time to kill my super ancient Photobucket account and move on to other places.

11. I think I'd prefer to use Flickr, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to upload the URL to DoA. They say use a BB code but I don't see that anywhere on the ap for Ipad. Can anyone help me please?

12. There's a "share" button in the bottom right hand corner of of the image after you upload it (it looks like a little arrow). On the pop-up that comes up when you click it, there's an option for BBCode; you can then choose the size you want and copy and paste the offered code. I can probably find a tutorial of this doesn't make sense... Let me go look!

13. I have not found a way to post a flickr photo from my phone.

14. Flickr doesn't yet have a way to post BBCode images from your phone; at least, not that I've found. (I looked a lot when I first started using Flickr.) It's a bit annoying, but I've never really found it too disrupting, considering I edit photos on the computer first anyway. I also go back to posts on DoA I've already made and copy the BBCode there if I'm on my phone and want to put the picture somewhere else.

(Also, here's a brief but correct photo tutorial on how to find and use the BBCode option on Flickr for anyone who needs it! It's actually super easy once you know where everything is!)

15. @KiyoshiSenshi Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but my Flickr 'share' option doesn't look anything like the tutorial. My options are 'Share' and 'Email', and the address in the 'Share' option just turns into a blue question mark box once I bring it over here. Any ideas?

EDIT: Turns out I have to add the photos to an album before I get all the fancy options! Problem solved :sweat
      EDIT #2: So, the BB Code offered just comes up with a little box that says "I M G" (without the spaces) when I bring it over here. I'm so confused.

#37 HeyJude, Jul 6, 2017
      Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
    16. Yeah, you have to make sure the photos are set to public before you get the "share" option. Adding to albums might do it too!

If you're getting an error, it could be that the pictures are too big. I keep mine at 2000px on the longest side and that seems to work okay, but any larger sometimes gives me an error instead of showing the picture. If you keep getting the error anyway, maybe post a picture here so I (or someone else) could look at the code?

17. Perhaps the DoA administrators could write up a report linked from the user control panel that is like the current list of posts, except is a list of your posts with an IMG tag in it?

Bonus points for displaying some post context and having an easy method of updating the links.

Otherwise it will be difficult for users to even identify which posts of theirs has images in it.

18. So... I got an email from PB today and it was advertising a weird assortment of products (all non photo related). I guess this is just a wake-up call to transfer my photos and close my account at PB, as they are turning into something super-sketchy (and their website is practically unusable now--full of pop-up ads covering the entire page).

I've got a paid account (and old Plus/Pro account that is not the $400 one--so 3rd Party views can be yanked at any time), so far my photos are still showing up, but I just don't trust them at all now.

I've been using imgur for the past 3 years... but the wording of their TOS makes me nervous. I think they are still trying to grow their numbers, so won't tick off people yet... but it's annoying.

I've been moving some old PB photos to Flickr, but I'm worried that they might get overwhelmed by all the people fleeing PB and change their services. Oh, well. What can you do?