1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Photobucket ToS changes

Jul 5, 2017

1. @Leiothrix I think Posted by Member combined with [ IMG ] (without the spaces) should work. I've used it to find doll pictures in threads.[​IMG]

2. Flickr is great. It takes a little time to get used to how things work there, but it's great. I've been using it for a while now, because of photobucket.

3. You can search for your posts with photobucket images. Go to photobucket and check the link for one of your photos. Look for:
      /img.photobucket.com/albums/v366/nancy_schroeder_ca/<foldername, etc ....>

I just used v366/nancy_schroeder_ca and search photo stories for "v366/nancy_schroeder_ca" in this forum only.

That gives me a the posts in photo stories that have links to my photobucket account. Searching by forum reduces the number of results you get at once.

Note! You do need the quotes around the search term.

4. Okay, turns out I just need to copy/paste it in and not use the little image insert button. Sheesh! :sweat Thanks for your help!

5. No problem! I did the same thing when I first started using Flickr. :XD: I'm glad you could get it working!

6. For the ones who have trouble with the whole BB code thing: it's not needed.
      All you pretty much need is the direct link, which can be easily recognized as one because it ends in the file format of your picture (and not ending with something like .html or .com or whatever)
      That means, the link looks something like blabla.com/stuff/xy.jpg

After you managed to get that link you just need to click here on that little icon with the mountain/sun, paste in that link and boom.
      If you check the BB code editor (the little wrench icon on the top right of the post box) you will see then that this button pretty much just wraps your link with BB tags.

You usually get that link by right clicking on the picture, then "View Image". You will see then the picture all on its own, without a website layout around it, and the .imageformat ending.
      On mobile this usually works by pressing long on the picture and then following some prompt like "open picture in new tab".
      In case of Web Flickr, first click on the downwards arrow with the horizontal line underneath, which opens a menu with the available sizes.
      Pick the one at the bottom, which then leads to a new page where you can pick a size at the top, with the picture underneath. Pick the desired size, then right click on the picture and either do "View Image" or straight go for "Copy image link" (or similar, my browser is in German).
      Grab the link and do what I described before.

7. Mods, thank you for sharing this info and making it so easily visible!

I too had a Photobucket account and used it since about ten years ago until last year for all of my doll photos. Only then did I stop because it became so overrun with ads that I couldn't even use it at all, and not even my ad blocker would work with that site. It was just such a pain that I gave up and switched to Flickr. My only complaint on Flicker is that I have to delete out a bunch of stuff in the link to remove my name and such showing up, but it's been very easy to use and edit and organize. If anyone is unsure of where to go from here, I'd strongly recommend Flickr. It's a little different from Photobucket but once you learn, I think it's actually easier and loads much faster.

Sadly, considering I have over a thousand posts on this forum, I don't have to time to go find every single photo I've posted using Photobucket and redo them all, so if anyone sees my broken links, especially if they were from years ago, feel free to delete them. Not only is time an issue, but due to all the ads, I can't even access all of my old photos on there and I've since switched computers and don't even have backup copies of many of those photos anymore at all. :/ I'll make sure all sales threads and doll profiles are updated, but that's about all I can really do.

8. It feels like all photos from photobucket should be blocked. They are, in essence, illegally advertising their own site. Or, maybe they should receive a bill for advertising from every forum they have screwed over.

9. Ugh. I have been on Photobucket ever since starting this hobby, eleven years and counting. I'm inclined to just say screw it. If the threads I started end up with broken images, delete them, I don't care. That is WAY too much work to redo them all.

I've got a Flikr account but frankly that site confuses the hell out of me. Figuring out how to actually post images is a pain. There's another site called Postimage.org that I've been using, which is a lot easier in regards to sharing pics to forums and such. So there're two other options, at least.

If Photobucket doesn't completely sink itself with this ridiculous change, I'll be really, really surprised.

10. Wow. And here I was considering switching over to PB not too long ago when I was concerned about running out of space on LJ. Thankfully, the latter decided to raise our allotted space before I did. But their Scrapbook still has some annoying quirks/limitations, so I'm not sure if I should recommend them as an option.
      Good luck to everyone dealing with this mess!

#50 Sianserais, Jul 7, 2017
      Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    11. Ironically, I'd pretty much abandoned the original PB account I set some odd years back, and only set up another within the past couple weeks and started using it. It really is ridiculous that they just decided to make these ludicrous changes to their services. Ugh :roll:. Ah, well--I'll just keep mostly to my Flickr.

I did check out that postimage site that a few people suggested, and it looks like a decent backup for quick stuff. I must thank those that posted it:dance

12. Popping in to echo the Flickr love, at least for the purposes of offsite linking. Flickr did revamp their website four or five years ago for the worse, but it didn't affect the ease of offsite linking. (It may have even been the one thing that the redesign made better...)

Some more info about why Flickr's a good option that I haven't seen touched upon here in the topic yet. They're rather welcoming of just about all kinds of photos, so nude doll photos, even racier things than that, are welcome. Just make sure you have the content setting set appropriately for each photo. They have safe, moderate, and restricted. Read up on the specifics. "Easy" sharing is disabled on restricted photos, but on the rare chance you post restricted-level photos here that would still be appropriate for here (For example, some non-sexually explicit BDSM photos I've done fall into Flickr's restricted category. Though fully explicit stuff is allowed on Flickr, I haven't posted any of that here.), there is a workaround, though it is more time consuming. Nesting an IMG tag inside a complex URL tag can give you a displayed lower resolution image plus a full resolution image that you get when you click on it.

As an alternative, perhaps have a look at Ipernity, though at first glace right now it seems like free accounts do have limits. I remember lots of people jumping ship to Ipernity after the massive displeasure from the Flickr redesign years ago. I haven't kept up with it, though, so I don't know how good of an option it is.

I kind of remember something else, 100px, from years ago, but I think they're gone.

13. Photobucket seemed to have turned itself into some kind of ransomware with this move, and it's disappointing. I've decided to abandon it last year when there was a minor (but temporary) debacle of images not showing up when being linked to other websites. In hindsight, it sounds like a trial run of the current situation, heh.

Although I've just recently made a Flickr account and transferred the most critical of my dolls' photos there, I still have plenty "random shots" littering my Imgur as it's quite a hassle to move them. PB's recent move has likewise made me wary of Imgur, but for now I'm not totally ditching it.

14. Well this makes the platform totally useless to me as well XD I guess I better move my images off and delete my accounts then as well...

15. Since everything is becoming monetized these days and I'm tired of corporations holding my content for ransom I'm going the route of using my own domain. I'm already paying for a hosting plan that allows up to ten domains, so I might as well.

For those who'd like more control over their own content, I highly recommend tigertech.net for hosting. I've been using them for years and they are carbon neutral, incredibly helpful, and very reasonably priced. You can publish a wordpress site with one click, customize it as much or as little as you want, and then just use it as media storage. I have a Flickr but I don't like posting boring stuff like sales photos and I'd be embarrassed to drag newbie face-up pictures from ten years ago over there. Hosting your own site means you can keep all that private and just use it as a stable platform for your images.

16. I have also read reviews of Smugmug.com that look good for a reasonable price.

17. I wouldn't recommend tumblr for this, unfortunately. While images on your tumblr will always be fine on tumblr, they silently change the actual URL of their hosted images every six months or so - adjusting one of the many numbers - so that hotlinked images all break. It's fine to use tumblr if you need something super short-term, like using it for sales images, but it's not a long-term solution by any means.

18. $400 just to allow third party sharing? Wow, that's ridiculous.

19. Great thing about Flickr is there's a whole community there too. I should use mine more!

Time to get my old stuff off my abandoned PB and upload them somewhere else.

20. $400? Holy hell. $33/mo sounds a little friendlier, but $400/yr? I've had my account for 10+ years but slowly stopped using it just because all the ads made it an eyesore, even with an adblocker; furthermore, you couldn't view just an image if you clicked on a direct link -- you had to load an entire page, and that was stuffed full of ads too! Ugh :roll:

Oh well; at least with my declined use and helpful post from earlier, I can download everything in one shot and be done with them. My usage is low and I'm comfortable enough with Imgur and Flickr to use them instead.

Hope Photobucket has good luck on their new business ventures! :daisy