1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Photobucket ToS changes

Jul 5, 2017

1. @Wolfie Pie, They are not deleting photos. As long as you are under the free limit, you don't have a problem except for the poor performance and ads.

If you have an ad-free account, it is good until it is time to renew. Then you need go down to a free account or pay more.

There are some threats of locking accounts if you violate the new rules, but the back off a bit. I really don't think they expected the anger they have generated.

2. I am going to sit in a corner and cry for a while.:...( I just figured out how many photos I had stored on PB. I'm trying to get them switched to my other photo account. If you see a broken link for me and the thread isn't locked please know that I'm trying my best to get everything back up and running. :dohYou can poke me too...:3nodding:

3. I'm in the process of switching to ImageBB, at least for sales photos, as we speak. Their ToS is clumsy and very simplistic (not even a full paragraph) but their uploader is easy, and they allow direct linking. Plus, my sales photos are hardly archival quality, so I'm not worried about... Say, intellectual property rights on them or anything.

4. Really? :o That's disgusting! Not that there's necessarily anything wrong with that kind of stuff, but to unexpectedly redirect someone to it is wrong. And didn't PB forbid nudity anyway? At least back years ago? I seem to remember PB deleting pics of nonsexual doll nudity. If so, how hypocritical of them.

5. @iamkathybrown @nancy_schroeder_ca Oh good! I can live with the slowness as long as I can at least still pull my stuff off bit by bit. I was worried that I had suddenly just lost everything today once the "over sharing limit" pics showed up. XP

6. been waiting for an HOUR for an album of 45 pics to prepare to actually download... oh gods i'm so done with PB ><

7. Is there a way to share photos on here from Flickr whilst using a mobile phone? I rarely go on my computer now and it's a real bug Bear that I can't upload photos from my phone or via Flickr if I'm on my mobile.

8. I had that problem on a few of my albums over the past few days of trying to download everything. The only thing that worked (for me anyway) was to "cancel" that download and then completely reload/refresh the entire website and then download the album. That seemed to "fix" all the "endless" downloading time on my system whenever that occurred.

9. Slowly go through my photos and deleting the ones I know are not linked here anymore, plus I've got through two threads so far that are updated with the new links... 500+ photos and over a dozen threads left to go. :sigh

10. I have trouble sharing photos to DoA via Flickr's mobile app. They have a URL share option, I believe, but it just gives a short link, I think. So you can link images, but not use it for IMG tags here.
      I'd assume you could log into their website on a mobile browser, then get the correct links then paste them in, but I'm not sure. I usually post things to DoA from my regular computer though, so I haven't tested it. (I have my Flickr app linked to my IG and FB accounts, so I really only use the Flickr app to share directly to another app, rather than a website)

11. For Flickr, if you have a phone browser that has the capacity to do "Request Desktop Site," you can follow this tutorial to get the photo link. Use the app or website to get to the picture you want, then open it in your browser and request desktop site. Then, the one change would be that instead of being able to copy the image address directly, you will probably have to click/hold down on the picture, then hit "Open Image in New Tab," then copy the address in the browser bar of that new tab.

12. I requested the desktop site and still couldn't get a proper link.

13. :sweat Gonna start my download today!! Yaaayyy...... I've got something like 2 thousand photos on my first account... Luckily, a super large portion of them aren't doll-related, so hopefully I'll manage.

For those who have downloaded stuff; I clicked on the download Bucket option, then it started the little loading symbol, but I clicked off to dismiss a popup (:sigh) and the download window went away. It did say that it would go to my email if I left; does anyone remember if there was a further verification to actually get it to go to my email?
      (or I suppose about how long it took to get to your inbox?)

14. Just requesting the desktop site isn't enough. You have to follow the rest of the steps in the tutorial: press the "down" arrow under the picture, click "View All Sizes," click on the desired size, *then* long press on the photo to get "Open Image in New Tab." That tab should be the static image address of just the photo, not the whole page. The address bar address of the tab that has *just* the photo in it is what you can copy to paste into the BBC code on DoA.

ETA: since mobile Safari doesn't natively have a 'request desktop site' function, I assumed that people would understand to use a different browser, but just to state plainly: you have to use a mobile browser that will open photos in a new tab on request. Mobile Chrome does this on iPhone.

15. Unfortunately, I found that clicking "off" to avoid the popup completely stopped the download as well (at least on my system :()

16. I am like 99% sure I have copies of everything on my computer but the paranoid part of me wants to download everything and oh lord it takes so long and is so dysfunctional and man, photobucket, this is why I stopped using you like a year ago. >_<

17. omg lol same here PB just got so sucky and ya paranoid.... now if i could convince the site to cough up (real dl before crashing) my vids I'd be thrilled stupid

did not always work for me unless i tried a 'different' album... but i also have zero patience left lol... I'll get it... thankfully i didn't have years of content .... if this was flickr doing this i'd freak.

18. Photobucket has posted status information here: Please review the latest changes at Photobucket. - Photobucket

It contains the following on current accounts:

Moving forward, new and legacy free account users will NOT have third party
      hosting available.

If you were a Plus Account subscriber in good standing as of June 1, 2017,
      you will continue to have all the privileges you have enjoyed including 3rd
      Party Hosting until December 31, 2018 as long as you maintain your
      subscription.

Non Plus 500 Account subscribers that purchased after June 1, 2017 will not
      have access to 3rd Party Hosting.

19. Thanks for that latest info, @nancy_schroeder_ca . I think I'm a Plus Account subscriber... on autopay (which I will have to remember to cancel). It's good to know they are giving us some time, after all those years of paying! And that does seem to confirm my thoughts that PB is blocking the Free accounts first...

PB is now sending out advertising email spam! :roll: I still haven't gotten any emails from them about the new ToS or this latest info about Plus members...

AND, I've tried downloading an album and the site is so laggy that it won't allow me to click the "download" button! I got as far as the "This will take a while, so we'll email you" last night. I left my laptop on, but I don't see any downloaded album anywhere (someone said it was compressed?)--I even searched... so I suspect it didn't download.

Luckily, I have all my photos... somewhere... on external HDs... but I thought I should see if I can download anyway... but no... (Maybe I'll try again after people get their photos downloaded and the site isn't so busy.)

20. Started the transition to Flickr today. Got really thrown off when it said someone already registered with my email! Lo and behold I can use my tumblr login (was not expecting that, thanks Yahoo *eyeroll*).
      It's just gonna take so long... ugh. >_>