1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Pipos' Majestic Line 70cm boys, human and anthro

May 26, 2014

1. Congrats on the shipping notices!!!

JAS101: I also wouldn't have bought the fullset if I would've thought a basic grey version was coming... >_<;

I unpainted mine and he looks really, really good, even blank. ^_^

He's also called Askerat, now... but he's still nicknamed Rat. XD

2. Thank you!

No, I'm rather upset about this actually because I specifically asked if it was in any way possible to purchase mine with no makeup and was told that wasn't possible. I have never purchased a doll with makeup before because I want to do my own thing and the only reason I made an exception in this case was because I thought it was 20 limited grey Raven dolls and then no more of them in that color. With these news I feel like I wasted a whole lot of money on the wrong doll now.

May I ask what you used to "unpaint" yours Lochness? I have never removed the makeup on a doll and it would be great to know what to use to avoid harming the grey resin.

3. Congratulations on all the shipping notices! ^_^

Hm, the faceup/gray resin version thing is a bit perplexing. I haven't been paying strict attention, but it seems like from what I've noticed in the past, the gray version dolls were always a special edition or special order period thing, so is this something new for them?

{EDIT: Oh, haha, I'm silly. I went over to Pipos and there are basic gray editions of all the R.Pi's so I guess they do offer the gray resin for basic dolls too.}

Either way, I'm happy to have my cat (who is stubbornly sticking to Alfonso&#8230;).
      Also, to be fair, Pipos did give us free shipping for the special version, so if you counter weight that against the faceup cost you should still come out ahead. I don't know if that helps ease anyone's mind a little?

As for removing the faceup, you should be able to use Winsor and Newton brush cleaner, as usual I would think.

I would be very interested to see a custom faceup on this guy! ^_^

4. I would rather have paid shipping and gotten the cat with no makeup. It makes me upset to have bought a very expensive doll only to realize that it wasn't impossible after all to get him blank. It does, to me at least, in many ways feel like there's nothing limited about the doll if the resin color becomes basic too.

But enough complaining (edited yesterdays post because it felt too complain-y).

Thank you very much for the advice! I will try removing the makeup and see if that helps any.

5. I personally use a product called "Goof Off" to remove all face-ups. To me, it works faster and is easier to apply than Windsor & Newton. W&N is highly recommended for resin, but it melts many plastics and I had bad experiences with it when removing paint on other types of dolls. Goof Off has a really chemical scent, but it never damaged anything I used it on.

I felt bad unpainting all the pretty lines applied by Pipos' face-up artist, but you're right, Lady Ravenswood: with the free shipping event, we had a good deal on our cats!

JAS101:
      At least, the lines are not too deep on Raven's sculpt, so it's rather easy to remove the entire face-up, without leaving any residues.

By the way, it feels hilarious to have a guy with feline features called Raven by Pipos and Rat here. I'm surprised he doesn't seem to suffer from an identity complex... XD

6. I took some pics of blank Askerat, if anyone is curious...

I also solved the problem with his double-jointed elbows! I really, really wanted him to bend his arms more than 90°, so I thought I would mod him by adding donuts made of Apoxie Sculpt inside his upper arms, near the elbows. The objective was to prevent the elbow peanuts from hiding in the arms. When I unstrung his arms, though, I realized that by inverting the peanuts (the big side in the upper arm and the slim one in the lower arm), I could achieve the same effect! The only downside is that the elbows don't look as good when the arm is completely extended as the peanuts still show.

7. He does look very good with no make-up. I very much prefer it since it provides a nice looking face with opportunities to do something cool.

Still unhappy though. Possibly more than before since I got a reply to my question about the new release today. I might have misunderstood and won't make any final judgment until the other ones are up for sale but from the sound of it the difference will be the makeup and outfit for the next limited one.

Mine is in customs now and I guess he'll arrive on monday. It may be unfair of me but I have been told one should be honest about ones feelings and I do feel cheated considering this doll probably won't even be limited compared to the others once the makeup is gone and he wears different clothes from the fullset outfit :apirate:.

I suppose one could look at it like this: It's good he's not super limited anymore because then it doesn't matter if one decides to do some custom work. I did have some plans along those lines actually.

8. I was busy on the back porch all day today and missed the delivery, so I'll have to get mine from the post office tomorrow morning.
      I did jump and run around front and check, every time I thought I heard a truck go by, but no luck.
      Though, he DID fly through customs and straight here! Took so little time, I was surprised! I didn't expect him to get here until Monday, so it's all good.

I had also thought that the grey would be the limiting factor. Sorry that seems to not be the case. :(

Forgot to say: He looks so CUTE blank! I hope you folks share photos of your cat boys with the non-Pipos faceups! I look forward to seeing them!

9. I won't be able to resist posting pictures once I paint him! Between work and the Great Triathlon, I haven't had any time to work on his face-up yet, but I assembled tons of ideas, so I know what I want to accomplish. I also pierced his right ear yesterday. He's now wearing 2 old silver loops. ^_^

10. Cool! I have a jumpring I'm eyeing and thinking about putting on my boy.
      He's here! ^__^
      Thank you for that heads up on the wrist things! That makes changing the hands so much easier!
      Those beast hands are huuuuge compared to the human ones! I pulled my boy out, changed to the beast hands, THEN thought about trying on the outfit. lol So I went to change the hands again, and the right hook slipped and jammed inside the arm. :doh Had to unstring his arms and finagle the hook out with my doubled-up stringing wire.
      Finally got him into his outfit. Took me forever to figure out the ruffle and the neck clasp. Almost gave up and made him go shirtless.
      Though that's not really a baaaad thing! ;)

I do however, dislike that he can't point his feet. Makes getting pants on, more of a challenge. And balancing. Can't just plant his feet and lean him back until he balances.
      OTOH, he slouches incredibly well!
      And I LOVE his head! What a lovely face. I really really love this guy so much more in person! SO happy I got him. ^__^

Now.... he needs a name. Still. I'm such a slacker.

11. Ooh, I've been out of town the last couple of days, but it's fun to come back to more of the cats arriving. ^_^

Hehe, aren't his hands huge?!
      Hm, the range of motion on his ankles annoyed me too, aernath. It makes it feel like he'll just fall over&#8230;though he seems to stand just fine anyway so far, so I guess it's not so bad after all. ::shrugs::

And it's nice to see the blank photos.
      I'm excited to see how you paint him, Lochness. (And thank you for the tip about his elbows. I'll have to think on if I want to fiddle with them.)
      Hehehe, my husband also thought it was quite funny that he was a cat named Raven.

I wonder what the next fullset will look like. I think he'd look great in a tux!

Also, I keep eyeing his ears too! I've been thinking about piercing them since before he arrived, but I haven't had a chance to do it yet. I guess it just suits him. ^___~

12. Mine has arrived and since the doll is here now I will unpack him and see what I think.

Edit: Well... I am disapointed.

The seams are rather bad on my doll compared to the nice smooth look on my previous Pipos dolls.

I usally really love Pipos dolls but this one doesn't feel like the kind of doll I was expecting. That or I was unlucky and got the floppy (pose? sit? Nope... prefers not to do any of that) one out of the bunch :evil:

Edit No 2: About the beast hands. They look really cool but yeah they are seriously HUGE. I compared them to the hands on one of my EID guys and the beast hands are actually bigger by quite a bit even compared to an EID hand. No wonder it's slightly problematic to change clothes with the beast hands on the doll;)

13. JAS101: :ablink: I think you should send pics to Pipos. Mine doesn't have any seams. At all. There's a discolored spot on one of his shoulder blades and a shiny bit near the top of his neck (usually hidden by his head anyway), but those are the only 2 resin flaws I've noticed, and I'm really picky. His elbows aside, mine also poses really, really well. I stand and sit him sturdily on uneven surfaces without effort. So much so that his "official" place in my packed room is on the ground, standing unsupported (he's almost the only one of my bunch I would dare leave like that). His face-up was definitely not as neat as the Docshul one I got with my little Cheshire many years ago, but... Docshul. And there was still no dripping or any real mistake in it: it just wasn't as detailed and both the airbrushing and the fine lines were not as *perfect* as the ones on my Cheshire. Really, I think you should contact Pipos with pics...

14. I have contacted them about this because yeah I can live with having to sand seams, it's no biggie, even if tan or grey skins tend to need a bit more care to get it to look good. I mean I can fix this. I just happens to think it's not fun to have to completely disassemble and do a complete sanding to fix issues with a doll limited to 20 pieces...

I did take my guy out of ouf his box again last night. After all it's not the doll's fault that he didn't get the best treatment when being made. I did manage to get him to sit (just don't poke him too much...). However he is very floppy and I've never had this issue with my other Pipos dolls.

I will try to get a picture when I get home from work tonight. And meanwhile I will wait for a reply from Pipos and see what they say.

15. Does anyone have pictures of these beast hands? I'm having issues on getting to the pipo's site right now and I adore owner pictures better because you know they can't be fooled easily like promos from companies. I do love cat's head too :D

16. Oh thank you! Huh I didn't notice that they were only four fingered. I really like them. I should consider getting them if I can find any floating around on the MP for another project but I really do love Raven's head XD He's giving me ideas that i don't need. I don't need project changers.

17. The hands are available in NS on Pipos' website... They may also release them in Gray skin soon, and Raven's head too. ^_^

I really like how the hands have 4 fingers~ Since they're sculpted realistically, they seem more inhuman and really expressive.

18. Mine has various degrees of these seams on his arms, legs and any place there could be one. They show up clearer in real life. Some have, as I said before, been partially sanded but not in any kind of neat way like on my other Pipos dolls.

EDIT slightly later: with the intended clothes he looks very nice. Still wish there had been less contrast between the make up and grey skin... I Think the difference is that the grey skin looked darker on the promotion Pictures than it is in real life.

He still need shoes. And a nice pair of very green cat eyes.

19. Hm, here is what my Cat looks like if that helps you to compare, JAS101...

[​IMG]

One side is completely seam free, the other has a ghost of the seams, but feels perfectly smooth to the touch.
      I'm sorry about the troubles with your cat. That spot on the back of his head is disappointing to be sure. Can it be wiped off or is it dried paint? :/
      Also, my cat is strung quite tightly. He squeaks a bit when I pose him. Could a loop of elastic have come undone somewhere while he was shipping? When strung tightly, he poses really well and can sit and stand like a champ.