1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Planetdoll 41cm, 43cm and 45cm Discussion Part 2

Nov 26, 2008

1. [MENTION=8126]ForeverVirginia[/MENTION] Your girls look so cute together, lovely dresses :)

@cirquemom arent they cute ? ForeverVirginia makes the jeans herself she sells them in her etsy shop "RawKiss".

I am still waiting for my Emma . . .

2. I just bought some for my SD girl, lol. Yes- they are really wonderful. :)

3. Hello everybody) Riz is my first BJD-love. Poor baby still waiting for face up and true name..

[​IMG]

4. She's very sweet! Congratulations, and I love her dress.

5. That's a beautiful outfit, Absatz. Everyone dresses their Planetdolls so well, here. I just recently purchased a Riz directly from Planetdoll mid-July, during the summer event. Hopefully, I'll be able to dress her half as well.

I wasn't able to find a waiting room for Planetdoll, and I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on how long the wait is usually? Their website says it takes about 20 days for a doll to ship, and that adding faceup will also add another 10 days. They did also say it might take a bit longer during events. It has been twice that amount of days, now, and I was wondering if this is normal?

6. Absatz, she is a total cutie!!!

xinwang That's a long waiting time, usually it takes Planetdoll one month (=20 working days) to ship out their dolls, a bit more if they have faceup. Don't hesitate to send them a message, they are very friendly and answer within the day.

7. Thank you, Blablette. I'll ask them about the status of my order.

#627 xinwang, Sep 17, 2015
      Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
    8. hi everyone - I just tried to find planetdoll's website (have ordered direct twice in the past) but it seems abandoned? No stock listed? Have they gone bust or moved? :? Strangely I looked for m3bjd website today too and that's gone as well! I notice angelesque is no longer dealing for planetdoll either - curiouser and curiouser.....

9. Oh that is sad to hear, I received Emma on august 1 that is only 2 months ago. I just checked ebay, their ebayshop seems still up and running.

10. thanks aeryn - I checked their ebay store yesterday as well, but thought it looked a little inactive? I would message them first if using ebay, just to check they're still in business. Last update to listings was 1st July this year. Sales feedback is old too. Wishing I'd kept my 2 little planetdolls now, just incase! :doh

11. Okay now I am getting concerned!! I have ordered from Planetdoll two times and I never get the doll without having to chase it down. The first time they said ships in 20 days. Two months later when I inquired they said they misplaced my order. The second time after three months they misplaced order. I too see the Planetdoll page is not coming up with anything descriptive or interactive. I've had a doll on order since July 9th. I wonder what is going on? Very long holiday?

12. @lkayet and @elve I ordered Emma May 9th I was in the same boat emailed them twice or so got excuses and no doll, finally she arrived august first. You can try to contact them on ebay.
      emailadress is [email protected]

13. sounds like something might be wrong, compared to my own experiences ordering direct from them last summer and also at the beginning of 2013 - They always shipped within a month!

Ikayet tell them you are requesting a refund from paypal maybe? Not sure if you can after 3 months? 3 months isn't a huge time to wait for some dolls - I've waited 7 months for a dollzone. But planetdoll have always been quick at dispatch - and most worrying is the fact that their website no longer exists.

14. Oh, my this is long! I got my Roseanne within a month, and that's their usual processing and shipping time.

The site is up again, though, and there's a free shipping event!!!! ^_^

15. I finally received a reply to the inquiry I sent through Ebay. They said the internet website was closed down due to personal problems. They said my doll shipped Oct 12th and I am still waiting.......

16. I just received my Riz, with face-up, about two weeks ago (I placed and paid for my order near the end of July). So it took around 3 months for me.

I contacted them via email near the end of September, and was told my doll would be shipped that week. However, there was nothing. Then, about three weeks ago (end of October), I noticed that their old website didn't work anymore and that their new site wouldn't let me log in with my old username. Afraid that the online record for my order would be lost, I contacted them via their hotmail address and then also via PayPal. As soon as I did that, I received a response in less than a day with a tracking number. This was near the end of October, because I'm pretty sure I received Riz near beginning of November.

(So if they haven't sent you a tracking number, Ikayet, I would question whether they truly shipped the doll.)

It took about a week for her to arrive. My doll arrived well packed and with a free wig, but the box was a square one, so she spent the whole trip at a right angle and on her side (her face-up wasn't damaged). I'm planning on posting box opening pictures when I have time. It's so gloomy here right now - the natural lighting just haven't been great.

The owner was apologetic and said he had issues with his old website and that the delay was due to personal issues. So I hope this was a temporary hiccup at Planetdoll.

#636 xinwang, Nov 13, 2015
      Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
    17. My doll finally arrived the end of October - of course it was the wrong color.......They said they were sending a free gift (wig) for my long wait but there was nothing extra in the box. They apologized for the wrong color and said they would ship the correct one out that week. I will give them until the end of this month (Nov) but I doubt I will ever see the correct one. Unfortunately that will be the end of doing business with them. I love their dolls - they are easy to 'paint' and pose wonderfully but between all the wrong bodies and wrong colors and long waits I just can't do it any longer.

18. I'm sorry you had trouble with the doll shipment, Ikayet. What color did you want?

Three months is shorter than some of the other wait times I've had, but I was nervous because their usual wait times were so short, from what I heard. And this was my first ordering from them.

I got my Riz with the new body, because I liked the more graceful ankle joint. From some pictures I've seen, the new body is slightly smaller than the old, so I was a bit worried her head would look to big, but I really like this new body!

Does anyone else have a preference?

#638 xinwang, Nov 14, 2015
      Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
    19. Their website is still unavailable... I really hope they will come back! I want another Riz, and also a Roseanne some day...

@xinwang I personally prefer the single jointed body. I really dislike double joints, too many moving parts for my taste. And the double jointed Planetdoll body has not only double jointed elbows and knees, but also an extra joint in the shoulder and hip. It would drive me mad! :sweatI also like the more round belly the old body has. The ankles are my least favorite part, but the rest of the body I adore :3nodding:

I redid the face-up on my Riz, my poor Tamara :pout: It was scary, because I wanted to maintain her personality, I think I succeeded ^^

[​IMG]
      New face-up for Tamara
      by Karen, on Flickr