1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Pleasant surprises

Jun 19, 2017

1. Has a company ever made you smile so much you had to go to the surgeon to have your jaw fixed? Have you ever thought something was impossible only to find out your small dream might actually happen?

I'm definitely having a good day here, since I asked a company if it would be possible to order a doll in a skintone that was time-limited and no longer available for sale, and it turned out they're holding a short event when you can get whatever you want in whichever color you want. Just. Whoa. Whenever I asked about limited editions before, it was always a sorry, we don't plan to ever rerelease. I'm crey. What's good, everyone? :love

2. That's really cool @nunsongi. Makes me want to ask about these things more in the future, haha!

My experience is a little one, but it made me really happy because I was a nervous newbie! When I ordered my first doll, I found out shortly after that I needed to move house half a year sooner than I thought I would needed to. I was really panicked because my first ever bjd from mirodoll was due to arrive at that address... at some unknown point. So worried about this, I contacted mirodoll, wondering if I could pinpoint a date and sort this out with my landlord.

Instead they assured me that my doll would arrive before I had to move out, and she did! I was very happy about about it!

3. I had ordered a doll during an event, but at the time could only afford him blank. As the deadline for the event passed I had come into some extra funds and asked if I could still pay the difference for the upgrade to a fullset. To me, asking was a long shot as I've asked other companies over the years for just little things and it was always, sorry no. However Granado was so accommodating they said yes, sent me an invoice, and I got to upgrade. It's my first experience with Granado, and I must say I am so happy!

4. I had an experience like this... I ordered my DZ Carter from Alice's Collections near the middle of January and settled in for the 6+ month DZ wait. But I was looking at the in stock page at AC a few weeks later, and they had exactly what I ordered (a Carter in white skin) in stock! I emailed AC asking if they had already placed my order with DZ (I knew they had) and if they hadn't, if they could send me the in stock Carter instead. They replied super quickly saying that they had put the order in, but it didn't matter and they'd send me the in stock doll, and I had my Ilya less than four days later! (He came from China in like three days, which kind of amazed me.) AC has my eternal business now for their fantastic customer service! :kitty1

5. My best experience was with Spiritdoll. I fell in love with their Abies sculpt, but unfortunately he was sold out. I emailed them asking if they had any left in their shop and they said they had one - the very first one they made and used for the default pictures. They offered to sell him to me at a reduced rate because he was very yellowed, and after I made sure it was alright with everyone at the company (he was one of their first dolls after all), I bought him on layaway. When he arrived, he had a free wig, jeans, shirt, jacket, and shoes! Completely unexpected but completely wonderful!

6. @sophiesoliday Omg, thats so lucky!! I don't mind yellowing too much, so that situations like the dream!

7. My husband has never bought doll stuff, but one year for my birthday, he ordered a YoSD from MintonCard as a surprise for me. He didn't know the difference in preorder and instock, and after he told me he was worried that it had been two weeks and no doll, I explained it. He contacted them, told them his situation, and they not only allowed him to switch the order to an instock doll, but also included a free head!

8. When Soom first released their Faery Legend Noellia, the beautiful "black coffee" resin version sold out overnight, before I realized how limited it was. I was so disappointed, and considered ordering a white one and trying to dye it. Then Soom doubled the number of "black coffee" dolls to be made from 25 to 50, and I managed to get one! When I got her, I realized Soom forgot to send her wig with her, and couldn't figure out how to contact them. But about a week later a small box came from Soom with her wig.

9. In just the last couple of days I've found a Yeon-Bee here on the marketplace in sandy brown skin; something I discovered I wanted only AFTER the sculpt in that particular colour was discontinued (still a fairly new resin mum). It has only taken a couple of days to organise payment with the person selling her and soon enough she'll be on her way! I'm so happy that I'll be able to have a doll that I previously thought I wasn't ever going to be able to get my hands on!

10. I had a great experience with Dollmore -- I had been bidding on a doll on eBay, and got sniped at the last second and lost. I was kind of sad and in a doll-buying mood after missing out, so I went to DM and messaged them about a mold they'd discontinued a couple years back - U-jee. I told them I had just been gifted one of their DMK bodies by a friend (true), and I'd always love U-jee and if they happened to have one laying around they could sell me that would be awesome. The next day they answered me saying they found one! They put a sale on their site for me so I could buy it and when I did it was sold out again! <3

11. Two years ago, I ordered a Resinsoul Li from the Junky Spot on Halloween, and I did her box opening via my YouTube channel. I ordered a wig for my 5Star boy at the same time that I bought her and I do believe during the box opening I explained that his head was gigantic and the wig had a hard time staying on. I also mentioned I felt my Li needed restringing since she felt loose to me but her elastic wasn't able to handle the Resinsoul MSD tightening trick. January of the next year, I ordered my third BJD from Junky Spot, and was pleasantly surprised to find a bag of extras inside with two wig caps and some new elastic! I got a note along with them saying the wig cap should help with my boy's "big noggin :)" and the elastic to restring my girl with. I was so incredibly happy and it was absolutely the most wonderful surprise, and I am the Junky Spot's #1 fan! It was so incredibly nice to include those for me and those extras saved my dolly life. :blush:3nodding:

12. When I ordered my Carina from Iplehouse I was a little short on funds, so I originally ordered just the doll. I came up with a little more cash, and contacted them and asked if I could add to my order, I ended up getting an outfit, shoes, wig, extra hands, a faceup and some clothes for another doll. They were really nice about the changes to my order, she arrived within the original time estimate, the hands matched perfectly....and she is still to my eyes, the most gorgeous doll on the planet. So happy.