1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Popovy Sisters Glass Eye Magpie, Cuckoo, Little Owl, and Peewit Discussion - Part 2

Aug 29, 2020

1. I'm dropping by again to say that I am so obsessed with my girl. I gave Thandie a faceup upgrade, made her a wig, as well as some new eyes and she's looking much better! She is so expressive and such a joy to pose. I already want another Popovy.

[​IMG]

Rank your top 3 Popovy sculpts! Mine would be Land¥, Quetzal and Tawny. :chibi

------- Mod's notes -------
      Popovy Sisters website: Popovy Sisters – Art dolls by Popovy Katya & Lena
      DoA Wiki: Popovy Sisters dolls

Previous discussion threads:
      * Part 1

#1 kagami, Aug 29, 2020
      Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2020
    2. @kagami I like the contrast between her blood red lips and the paleness of her hair and skin- so pretty! She's your first Popovy doll, yes? :3 What size eyes does she wear- must be a tiiiiny size?

3. @Lotte Rotten Thank you so much! :D Finding the right colour combination for her was so important.. ahaha! And yes, she's my first and I'm so obsessed. They're such beautiful and expressive dolls. :chibi Those are 8mm eyes. They're tiny!

4. So beautiful

5. @Ashemanu Thank you so much! Your girl is so adorable omg~ I love Quetzal :D That's such a nice face-up too

6. devastatingly gorgeous face!!..

7. @yatabazah Thank you so much, my dear :chibi

Here's another one of Thandie! Can I request photos of everyone's girls?

[​IMG]

8. that mouth!!! sigh

9. My grail doll❤️

10. Hello friends! Can anyone tell me how much one blank doll costs? Either the old body or the new Venus?

11. They are beautiful

12. Here is my Little Owl. I'm so in love with this mold...
      I made a first makeup. And I decide to change it.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      And I change her eyes.
      [​IMG]
      My next favorite mold is Peewit in sand or mocha skin :love

13. @Fablaette45 She's so lovely! I love Little Owl too :D

Thought I'd drop by with another one of my Thandie :XD: I wrapped her in some Christmas ribbon for this look haha!
      [​IMG]

14. She is so sexy in this Christmas ribbon! :treecookie:candycane:gingerbreadman:hollyberry
      Thank you for my Little Owl.

15. I love the contrast between her skin and lips/nails!

16. Sorry to necro but I'm drinking the Popovy kool-aid, y'all. Quetzal and Tawny Owl are tempting me so hard. I love the representation in Popovy's recent lines, I don't think I've ever seen African albinism represented in the mainstream BJD market before, hell, unambiguously POC sculpts are rare enough in the hobby as it is. I've been planning an albino Quetzal for some time now since she beautifully fits a character I want to shell, but I'm seriously considering getting a Tawny Owl alongside her. Can't decide if I'd get her in Chocolate or Coral, though...it'd be cool to give my Quetzal an albino sister, but variety is nice, too. What do you lot think?

Also, anyone here order from the Popovy Sisters recently? Do you know what their wait times are looking like as of late?

17. Oh yes I'm tempted by an albino Tawny Owl too! I also have ordered a Quetzal in....June? Not sure when she'll arrive since I wanted some jewelry to go with her.
      Have you made a decision or (even better) received your doll yet? I'd love to see photos! :D Popovy dolls are a joy to browse photos.

18. I've been thinking about ordering one but I have some questions if you have time. I was just wondering how the payment went for you? Could you do it all online or did you have to go to a bank? Did you happen to do a layaway? I just don't want to bother Igor agian without knowing a little more. I've never wired anything before. Sorry to bother you every time I've thought of getting one in the past my anxiety gets the better of me lol. Id like to get either a gray landyrat or a coral tawny