1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Posablity of Soom Super Gem boys

Jul 26, 2008

1. I've had to wire, suede and tighten Vincent (my Heliot-) to get him to do anything but slouch into a graceless pile. Even after all that, I still wouldn't exactly call him a great poser, but it did help. :|

To be completely honest about it, I have to say that I'm not a fan. I had less trouble with my Hound than I've had with Vincent, and that's saying a lot given how difficult to handle Dollshe's older bodies could be. If I thought that this guy's head (or my Sphaler's-) would look at all right on anything else... I'd ditch the SG bods in a heartbeat.

2. That's really odd, as I didn't have any trouble with Adrian at all.

No, I haven't the slightest idea why. I'm not saying that you're wrong and I'm right, but now I'm wondering if the production date may have something to do with it.

I did order Adrian before the monthly doll mania, and he's just a standard SG Lupin.

- Mel

3. If I remember correctly, Heliots have the Super Gem 'Legend' body... Could the longer legs have something to do with worse poseability?

4. I certainly think that Soom Super Gem (SG) are very dependent on personal touch for posing. Personal touch refers to how one person moves their hands, wrists, etc.
      This probably explains why there are so many different opinions.

But I have a Heliot and I think he poses great. ??? huh?

5. *shrugs* I don't have any Soom boys of my own (wish I did...), I was just reading previous posts and making a suggestion ^.^

6. Without sueding and tightening (I haven't tried wiring) SG boys really are super dodgy at doing anything. But once that's done, and when you get used to them, they're not too bad. Apart from aforementioned stupidly small feet.

7. Maybe so.

I've never had any trouble posing my CP girls, even though everyone else seems to consider them kicky, unstable, impossible-to-stand pains in the rump... I guess it's possible that I'm good with them while completely lacking the talent for dealing with Sooms. (or Hounds- :lol:)

8. It might be owner touch, then. I've been able to get Adrian standing with his weight rested on one leg and the other bent, for a significant amount of time for photographs at meets.

On the other hand, I sometimes have trouble standing Tomoe (Volks Elena) up, and she's supposed to be fairly solid at standing.

I haven't had too much experience with other dolls yet, so I can't say what my experiences with CP girls will be like.

- Mel

9. I've just received Sazaki (Chrom) this morning and he stands great and poses quite well... He's strung beautifully, not loose at all... He's VERY tight. Just like Raven (my Homme Ducan) when he first came... :sweat I have restrung Raven and now he's a little loose. But I agree that Super Gem male body can't do a lot of different poses. There's also something funny I notice about it... The knee joints. Whenever I try to sit him (with his knees bending 90 degrees), his shins touch each other!! :lol: It's so funny though. He sits like a female! I can't get him to sit with his thighs apart or his shins apart easily!! I can, but with a lot of pulling on both sides! Anyone has the same problem?