1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Preferred Elf ear Position

Dec 14, 2020

?

Preferred elf ear position

Poll closed Dec 21, 2020.
  1. Tips Straight out

11 vote(s)
    20.8%
  2. Tips Angled up

28 vote(s)
    52.8%
  3. Tips Angled down

11 vote(s)
    20.8%
  4. Tips angled back

15 vote(s)
    28.3%
  5. Other...

5 vote(s)
    9.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    1. :kitty2I’ve seen so many fantasy ear positions on fantasy dolls and I always end up loving them all. Especially if the ear is long enough to poke through the wig. What about you all?
      If I had to pick only one style it would be angled up

2. A split between angled up and angled back for me. Both if possible. I know the up tends to get them caught up in wigs more, but I think it looks great if you can find a wig that works.

3. I’m torn between up and back because I prefer a mix of both. I like the ear pointing upwards, but I like it closer to the head, not sticking straight out. I also prefer a small elf ear, almost human but with a very small point on top. I’m not a fan of the huge elf ears that stick out, I prefer the subtle look.

4. Pointy ears are the thing for me, I'm not fussed about the direction.

Teddy

5. Floppy! I chose tips angled down, assuming that's what it meant XD
      The first Elf-eared sculpt I ever fell for was B&G Sapphira. His floppy ears are so cute. I still have mine...and I love pretty much everything that has big, floppy ears.

After that I don't really care about the direction, but I like big. Bigger ears the better, or I'd rather not have elf ears at all.

6. Up and back might be my favorite, but I like elf ears in general. One of my dolls has the cutest floppy ones.

7. all of the above!!!! any angle, though I suppose angled back and up are usually my go to. I take a lot of inspo from world of warcraft’s elf ears, and amy brown’s elf ear art. But it also depends on the character and what “fits” them :3nodding:

8. Angled up and back, even though I really love my Amber's long floppy ears too! But my Heliot has probably my fav type of fantasy ears, and those are the more subtle pointed up and back ones :XD:

9. Droopy elf ears are my weakness. I like the longer ears in general though.

10. I voted droopy because that's what my eyes tend to be drawn to when browsing...but oddly the only dolls I own with elf ears are pointed up and back or pointed straight out. :XD: I love elf ears a lot more than my collection shows and pretty much love them in any way, shape, or form.

11. I generally don't really care for elf ears (Not that I have a problem with them if they happen to be on a sculpt I otherwise like, they just don't add anything for me) but I really like the downward pointing kind. Especially if they're shorter and rounder, it's so cute.

12. I don't have many elf eared dolls, but I like all directions. I mostly pick up though. Down can be so cute, though? I like the idea of elves just being able to move their ears around like cats.

13. I love all elf ears. My least favorite are down ears.

14. I voted up and back. I don't really love the straight up or straight back thing - I like that middle ground!

15. What no all of the above option?

16. I love them all!!

17. I tend to prefer them either straight up of floppy down. I guess I like extremes in expression.:lol: But I’ve noticed that my elves with them up are all regular elf-types, and the ones whose go down are more animal types whom I’ve paired with horns of some sort.

18. It really depends on the character for me. I love downward ears for cute innocent 1/6 babies, and I love upward pointy ears for a mischievous sassy character!

19. I love them all, but I am especially drawn to the large, down angled droopy ones <3

20. Upwards is so elegant, but I also love the sideways donkey ear like in anime.