1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Preferring one gender of doll over another

Dec 9, 2012

1. I was just curious as to whether you guys prefer one gender of doll. I only own one girl and have never really wanted another. I love my boys so much and when I'm browsing, thats all I look at. I never even go near the girls section.

2. Hi!
      I'm completely the opposite lol I have one girl (and another on layaway, plus several non-resin off topic girls) and just don't seem to have any real need to get a boy. Don't get me wrong there are soooo many gorgeous guys out there, guess I just haven't found 'The One' yet ;)

3. I used to think I'd always have more girls than boys (MSD-size-wise), but somehow I've ended up with three boys and only one girl xD;;

4. I prefer girl dolls to boy dolls. That might be because I've never seen a male doll in person.. I just don't know what to expect. (Also, girls are more fun to dress up ;p) For child-like dolls I prefer gender-less because I feel like children have no gender. Haha is that weird?

5. I think that girls are more flexible (clothes and style wise)....well depending on the sculpt, because you can dress them up in really girly clothes making them look really feminine, especially if it accents the figure and really baggy clothes can make them seem chest-less...like a pretty boy..? But guys would have other benefits (they're really pretty as well~)
      I guess, if I were to buy a guy, then my parents would think me being a sad, lonely person ^^ (like those men who buy life sized dolls to act as their wives) but in the future I hope to buy a guy....(sorry ^^" if it didnt make sense..)

6. I completely get what you mean haha. I don't actually know why I prefer the male dolls. And I certainly intend to buy a girl at some point, it's just all of the characters that I have in mind are boys;)

7. So far i have only boys and i generally don't even look for girls when i'm browsing, i'm not ruling out getting a girl one day but i just haven't seen the right one so far.

8. I prefer boy XD

9. As of right now, my tendency towards each gender is equal. I have a boy and a girl on their way to me right now. Another girl will be on her way to me in February. After that, I'll be getting a boy. So, for a while (if everything goes as planned) I'll pretty much be even in which genders I have. My wish list has more girls on it overall, but a healthy amount of both genders. I'm a bit more finicky about which male sculpts I like, which may cause me to get several of some of their sculpts.

10. I prefer boys to girls generally, however it should be noted I enjoy my girls just as much!

11. Thats exactly the same as me, I like the girls but the male sculpts just interest me more.

12. I perfer the boys. I own 75 dolls total and the girls are far outnumbered by the boys! I think I feel more comfortable around boys, even though growing up I didn't have friends. The world I made up had more males than females, and the main characters were male...so I have way more males than females. I even dress more like a male, with tees and jeans than skirts and nice blouses.

However, I like the clothing options for female dolls. They can wear what I can't, like lolita or a really cute dress. I like female clothing for myself, but it's always cut too small or for small little bitty women so a doll can wear what I can't. I just haven't found the doll who'd be the more female me!

13. I like both, and have both in my collection... But the guys over here have always outnumbered the girls. I think that's the result of several different things.

I'm very, very picky when it comes to the features of female sculpts, and I insist on the face "matching" the body in terms of maturity. Those two things combined just seem to take a lot of the female sculpts out there completely off the table. Either they're pouty, goldfish-eyed chinless wonders, or they have the face of an eight year-old stuck on a boob-a-rific adult body. Or both. :lol:

Male sculpts certainly aren't immune to any of those things (Just ask any Hasekura owner about his overbite... o_0), but they don't seem to be as common. There are far more male sculpts that avoid those pitfalls than female ones.

14. I have one girl and I am going to be getting a Souldoll next, female. Right now I am just not interested in male dolls but I can see getting one some time in the future. I am not ruling it out, but I like girl clothes and so my sewing tendency right now is for dresses. Not that you can't put a dress on a male doll but I prefer females right now.

15. Let's see. One male in a doll-household of him plus three female dolls... And with one androgynous character and two other females on the way, he is not going to have any reinforcements coming to help him out for some time now.. xD I do have many plans for male-characters but so far the females seem to have elbowed their way to the top of my priority list. Still, I don't see myself favoring either gender.... in theory, at least. xD

My interests lie in the individual sculpts, and what sort of characters I can come up for them. So far, only few male sculpts have had "that something", and they are not limited / aren't available, so the female limiteds have taken priority over them. Am looking forward to adding some 'testosterone' to my collections though. :D

16. XD I seem to also prefer the boy dolls. Much as I have two girls ordered. But those were both special cases of "OH WOW I THINK I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE :D" that usually doesn't hit me with the lady!dolls. So. :3c

17. All my planned dolls are boys. The one girl I have planned, as a maaaybe, it's an 18th century noble lady, so there's that. I think it's for one part, all my OC's are male and for another, I'm a seeerious girly-girl; curls, long dresses, tea cups and lace everywhere. A male doll seems to provide some sort of masculine balance :p

18. I don't purposely just decide to get male dolls, I just always get that 'I need that doll' feeling with them. With the girls,I just don't. I do agree though, that the clothing choices for females are amazing, and I would like a one for that reason.

19. I feel like I'm an odd one out... I seem to prefer girls. I've never really gotten the "I need that doll" feeling with any boy doll and I generally don't browse for them :I

20. This is very strange for me because when I write fiction, I prefer to write male characters. However, I have more female dolls than male dolls. I think this is because it's way easier to find clothes for female dolls, and the style of clothes my dolls wear is not easy to find. (My dolls are from Regency London, so I look for something similar to that. Good luck!)

Sometimes I'll see a male sculpt that's really beautiful but then they'll just look too feminine for the character I'm going for.... haha.