1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Pregnant and Chubby BJDs

Oct 8, 2013

?
  1. want a chubby one

2. want a pregnant one

3. want both

4. not be interested

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Also check out Arwen Grune's Claudette! I have her and she's amazing. She also fits in a lot of 18" doll clothes, although they tend to be a bit short in the arms/legs.

2. I'm getting a Lillycat Poulpy because I find her body to be so cute. It's different and unique, and adds to her overall cuteness. I've never seen pregnant BJDs...

3. I'd love a chubby yosd centaur (basically baby fat) but just finding an affordable one was hard enough!

4. I really want to have a chubby bjd , I think they look cute :love.

5. I'd love a fat or chubby female doll, preferably a msd one. (I'm not interested in pregnant ones, to answer the original question, but I'm all for variety if someone's into that.) For the longest of time I wanted a Leekeworld Art Body and almost jumped on a second hand once, but I reseacrhed one more time and realized it's not actually chubby. The hips are just wide, which in itself is great (I carry a set like that myself everywhere I go :D), but it wasn't chubby like I wanted. Like give me some tummy and maybe boobs as well type of chubby. :D I've seen this happen with some indie artists' dolls as well.

I adore Morningstar Doll's Francisca project, though she's just 29 cm. Looking at the same size sculpts they've sold before, I think she'll be in my prize range which means I'll probs be getting her once they open preorders. I'd like a maybe bit more mature face, but that can be fixed. She might be perfect irl though. She's the first chubby doll that struck me really hard. Her body is beautiful and seems functional as well. I might want to look for a girlfriend for her (like I needed more dolls to stuff onto my already crowded enough wishlist...).

EDIT: Summerbird BJD's Viola is cute too! How could I forget.

I think it's important to represent all the body types (and not just weight-wise but also bodies with disabilities, taller and shorter bodies, different skin colours and list goes on). Especially as someone who's gone through a lot of hardship with weight and eating disorders, I feel like all the variety we can include in this hobby is important. It's tough to pull yourself out of the disorder pit, even with professional help and people that you love, when the society around you seems to only appreciate certain weight, loosing weight at any price... Maybe tt's too easy to go with the constructed norms when selling dolls, but um, variety please?

I've seen a lot of people of color posting and commenting how seeing and getting a doll with skin tone close(r) to their own is empowering. That, and ofc a lot of posts explaining this, prove that we need variety and where there's a will, there's a way in this case. I'm referring to some the companies etc. explaining the lack of fat dolls by the sculpting and engineering being so hard. It's pretty obvious there is a market for real variety and sculptor's have succeeded pretty well with their dolls.

6. I would absolutely love to own a chubby doll !

7. I feel like this is a good idea. It gives the hobby more variety.

8. I need a chubby, black African female elf. She is a cook who make the most delicious food for the amazons. Bu so far, i think i have to mod one into it.

9. I'd really love to see more chubby dolls and generally more diversity. I'm glad most people think the same way too, i'm tired of seeing very thin or muscular dolls all the time.

10. I couldn't have said it better myself! I think it is super empowering to people to have dolls that look like them whether it be size/shape/color etc. I think more companies should start releasing REAL chubby dolls, not just thicc hipped dolls! (although I do also love Leekeworld art bodies!)

I would also like if companies stopped calling their dolls chubby when it's actually just a sculpt with bigger cheeks. :sweat

What do we want? FAT DOLLS
      When do we want them? NOW

#270 maddison3m, Jun 27, 2018
      Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
    11. I'm currently trying my best to sculpt a somewhat exaggerated BJD form (as my first ever BJD sculpt/prototype), but it's still a very typical, kinda average/skinny doll (big hips though). HOWEVER, once I get that one done, and then have a better idea of how to go about the process, my next plan is a chubby/fat doll. I'd really really love to see more out there, and since I want to make BJDs, I figured I could be part of that process!

12. I'd love a chubby male doll.

I need more variety, heck I just want a 70cm boy without 6 pack abs and that's already hard. oTL

13. Chubby is like my dream "big" size (looks longingly over at the Volks DearSDs) would never get a doll meant to represent pregnancy though, that'd be a little too weird for me aha.

14. Just found out about Freakstyles Salome in this thread and I think I just fell in love!
      I want one so bad... she ist perfect to me. Hopefully someday I will get the chance to find one...

15. I wouldn't buy a pregnant doll but I would be curious to see one.

16. Pregnant... Ehhh.... No.
      Chubby, yes. Thicc, yes. Bigger than chubby, yes. I would like to get something different one day. That would be very cool! I would like different body types, but pregnant is not on my list. That one will make my family think I'm weird. Plus, I wouldn't be comfortable with having one around lol.

17. I can't believe I haven't posted in this thread already lol Fat dolls are sort of my dream, I actually started making a chubby boy but I'm slow at sculpting so I only have half a leg and the torso.

The only "chubby" doll I have is my DC Elsia/Betty, but they aren't really chubby so much as just potbellied. Which is cute, just not truly chubby, y'know? I would LOVE to have a Be With You Pumpkin but he's just too expensive for me to jusitfy buying.

I just really want a chubby boy. There is a reasonable amount of chubby/curvy/etc girl dolls but no mature chubby boy dolls.

As for pregnant absolutely not. Sorry, but pregnancy is a phobia of mine.

18. I personally would love a chubby doll with rounder cheeks, a bigger tummy and thighs. I can't say I would want a sculpted pregnant doll, but if one came with an interchangeable torso, I wouldn't say no.

19. I need some chubby

20. Chubby dolls would be a cute idea. I think the doll could relate to lots of people plus would make for interesting characters.