1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Pregnant and Chubby BJDs

Oct 8, 2013

?
  1. want a chubby one

2. want a pregnant one

3. want both

4. not be interested

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Haha. I was actually thinking of this today. I rp with the characters I've shelled into dolls, so the ability to give my ladies a pregnant belly when they're preggers in the RP would amazing. If it happens, I might have to see about making a magnet temp belly.

2. I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this but SummerBird BJD's Viola has a curvy figure! Shes's super cute, I wish there were more dolls like her

3. I think it'd be cute to have a BJD with a removeable pregnant belly!! So that I could do pics of her pregnant or, well, unpregnant. It'd just be fun ^u^ plus maternity clothes/photoshoots are usually ADORABLE!

4. I don’t have any interest in owning a pregnant bjd personally. I just saw a pregnant belly attachment being advertised and it seems like the most sensible route for someone interested in having that option. It gives more flexibility with what doll you’d want to portray as pregnant rather than a company making a doll based on that premise.

A chubby doll on the other hand would be interesting to me. Probably couldn’t be achieved with a single attachment either. It would be interesting to see companies so used to making the standard slim/muscular dolls try their hands at making fat bodies and faces. Fat has to lay a certain way to look convincing and might accidentally end up with a “pregnant” look when the artist was going for pudgy lol. It just depends on the amount or research that has been done and what kind of experience the sculptor has.

I think independent artists are the community’s best bet for chubby or curvy dolls for now but hopefully bigger companies will diversify their bodies one day!

5. I have a character I would love to shell, but though I've seen some lovely chubby girls...but no chubby boys! I need a chubby boy so bad.

6. I have Angel of Dream Hui Xiang on the pregnant body. I really like her, but I feel bad when people say it's gross and overall generally negative things about pregnancy since I personally really enjoyed my pregnancy and like being a mom. I have photos of her in my flickr if anyone would like to see her, but since it's such a trigger, and I don't want to feel bad about my doll or my happy memories, I doubt I will be posting her on DoA.

7. I have a doll, who I'd like to portray several characters. A couple of which that wind up pregnant in their individual stories. I suppose, if I really wanted to portray those scenes with her, I could just ball up some fabric or something and shove it up her top!

Although, I have managed to pose her and a partner in positions that could suggest a pregnancy announcement kind of situation. So, I don't really need a pregnant belly shot. Just suggest the early stages, with appropriate posing. And, as I mentioned above, shape her clothing with "props". A small ring cushion, or a wad of fabric, ought to do the job.

As for chubby, I would love to see more chubby dolls! Both male and female. The body standards within doll companies are all either super-buff to heroic standards, or super-skinny. We need more body positivity within the hobby. Where are the chubby dolls?!

8. I have a great desire for pregnant options. I'm real tempted to sculpt my own belly for my doll. But I have no experience.

I don't personally want to own a chubby doll because none of the characters I want to shell are chubby. Most are emaciatedly thin. But I want them to exist.

9. @mollym I think Hui Xiang is super cute and I hope you can feel comfortable sharing her one day.

For myself I'm seriously considering a Claudette in lilac once I get some $$ saved. I'd love to see a chubby male body too as I really want to shell a wider variety of characters than just skinny or buff model types.

10. People will probably find this weird/creepy (though I guess that's the point) but as a commission for a friend I am working on sculpting a pregnant male doll (removable belly) to portray a character of one of her sci-fi stories who gets abducted by aliens and well... you can probably figure out the rest. I'm hoping to use the experience to learn to make chubby male and female dolls because there is seriously a lack of chubby dolls or at least mod my existing dolls to be a bit chubbier! I've come across a few here and there though, but they are few and far between and often not very mature or realistic looking :/

Personally I don't think I would have much use for a pregnant doll myself, but I would love to own a few chubby guys and gals!

11. i got really excited when i saw this thread bc i thought maybe this meant more chubby dolls were out there--but alas ^^' tbh i'm not confident a chubby bjd would be guaranteed to look nice if only because it takes study to figure out how fat sits on the body, and it's easy to make it look off if you aren't careful. you might end up with a 'pregnant' doll anyway just by virtue of poor fat distribution lol. but, it can be done, and has before by indie doll sculptors from what i understand!

but if someone made nice chubby bjds i'd be interested! hopefully in a msd size but tbh ill take what i can get.

12. My chubby doll - Francisca of MorningStar Dolls- arrived this week!! She is amazing, balances and poses awesomely, straight out of the box. People who are interested can see the thread Here and the whole pic set Here

According to her Tumblr, there is another batch of Francisca in the works. She is absolutely amazing, I am so impressed that she flexes and balances so well. You can really tell she was modeled after a real person, rather than just "adding more clay" to a slender doll. I do wish she had been 40cm, but even at 30 cm, I'm fine with it. My mother is 7 inches shorter than me, so I like to think this doll is just Mom Height.

13. I would LOVE to see some chubby BJD's. Both male and female dolls

14. I really love the chubby, babyish dolls. Sooooo adorable!

15. I'm not personally interested in either, but the more I see of other people's chubby girls, the more interested I become. None of the characters I have in mind presently fit quite the body types I've seen (or the dolls are too small to fit in with my plans at 27cm), but that doesn't mean there won't be plans that fit such in the future.

16. I would want a chubby doll! They would be so cute. However, I would not want a pregnant doll. I'd like all my dolls to have their own characters and the stories I am writing change as time goes on. I couldn't have a doll always be pregnant, she'd have to give birth eventually and then I would have no idea what to do with the doll who does not fit the character.

17. Oooh, very romantic/Renaissance ideal-esque. I like it. Especially with that wig.

18. Oh, I would definitely love to see some more chubby BJDs, both male and female! Many of my OCs have bigger bodies, and it would be amazing to be able to shell them. I remember getting into the hobby about five or six years ago, when chubby dolls were an even rarer sight than they are now, and thinking to myself that I'd never be able to find a doll that looked anything like some of my favourite OCs. I'm really glad to see that's starting to change, and I hope that both independent artists and companies continue to make more diverse doll bodies in the future.

19. I’d love a pregnant doll, but I haven’t found any.