1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Pregnant and Chubby BJDs

Oct 8, 2013

?
  1. want a chubby one

2. want a pregnant one

3. want both

4. not be interested

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. @Reeka72 Angel of Dream sells one, she's SD size.

2. Thank you! I took a look at her and I can now claim I’ve seen a pregnant BJD. Sadly she doesn’t really fit with my dolls. Here’s to hoping they get more popular. :)

3. I've been thinking of buying the pregnant Hui Xiang doll. I think she just looks so sweet and happy to have her newborn baby... it's adorable! Does she pose well? I'm really interested in getting her, but don't know anything about the company.

4. I finally had a chance to look at the Hui Xiang doll, I gotta say the sculpt is pretty brilliant. The sculptor managed to find that just right shape where a woman could either be mid stages pregnant, or have recently had a baby. It's the awkward stage when strangers aren't sure to ask when you are due, because it could just be extra tummy fluff :XD:. The tiny baby is also great!! The facial expression of mom is beautiful too. While I don't have a desire for a pregnant doll, I am incredibly impressed with the thought that went into this design.

5. Pregnant Hui Xiang poses better than most dolls but not as well as a few. She came with very tight strings that haven't loosened up as much as I had hoped. As soon as it's warmer, I'm going to blush her and give her a faceup. I'm holding off for photos until then. The worst thing is that I have emotions that are happy and personal to me about pregnancy and motherhood, so criticism about a pregnant doll gives me a hard sting. Some criticize the baby size because it's not exactly to scale. It doesn't bother me at all, and I have other baby size dolls to pose with her anyhow. I have box opening pics if you follow my flickr link. I have nothing negative to say about my doll in the slightest. I don't buy BJDs new often, but I'm very happy that I choose to buy her. My only regret is not asking for the teeth part to be cast in white resin, it looks a bit funny in normal resin, but I think paint can correct that. She has flat feet, and I'm not sure if the heeled feet are compatible or not. The pregnant body is very different than the regular female body.
      She has a good smile that's not too creepy and shows teeth. I personally like happy looking dolls a lot. She can be on the regular body or the pregnant one. I'm sure if you asked your vendor for another head on the body or a regular body for her head it would be an easy accommodation.

6. I did see someone on Instagram sculpt a Minifee pregnant belly add-on. I thought it was cute but a tad odd.

7. I love the expression on the AoD doll Hui Xiang. I don't think it matters much that the baby isn't true to scale. If you really look at most of the bjd's, their heads are far beyond true to scale.
      Just saw the new Phantom doll by D-Lace. Have to say that while I generally do not like dolls with much wider hips, I really like this one and think it suits her beautifully. It does look like she has closed eyes, though they could be mostly closed. Hard to tell really. Her size is one of my favorite things. Has anybody dealt with that doll company before?

8. No. I don't like chubby dolls. A pregnant doll is creeps me out. I saw an Angel of dream doll, she is pregnant, and she have a tiny baby in her belly...:eek:

edit: I not saw the last post, that's the same doll.

9. Not interest in pregnant ones at all maybe because I personally have never wanted or felt the need for kids but I do like the chubby ones (matches me lol) in fact I have two chubbies on order from sleepingelf

10. I like chubby dolls, though it's hard to find appropriate clothes.

11. I would love more options for both! I love the bigger/curvy girls I've seen and I'd love more, and some fluffier men. And pregnant women look so graceful and beautiful (when they're not me :XD: ) that I'm surprised there aren't already more pregnant dolls available. I have a pregnant character to shell and with the limited selection I'll probably just end up making a belly myself.

12. I'm about to spring for an Island Doll Wind Island 39cm body that is definitely Rubenesque/inspired by that pear-shape. I'm pretty excited for it, though I don't know how easy it will be to clothe her. I do like that she'll show a very strong pear-shape when clothed! After all, why get a doll with such a body only to hide her shape?!

13. I really love big hips and thunder thighs. I think its super cute on a bjd ;u; Pear shaped are some of my fav.

14. oh gosh yes this! We want soft tummy boys please!

the boy feeple60 is the softest boy sculpt I've seen yet, but he's still skinny..

15. @ParticiplePotato So Island doll has a 61cm male body that I'd consider very soft, complete with a tum. It's still thin, but not feeple thin

16. Ah i just looked him up! Thank you, he looks so cute!

17. I would definitely love some chubby BJDs! I'm more 50/50 on a pregnant BJD, but it's not for an aesthetic reason- from a purely aesthetic point, I think a pregnant BJD could be quite charming- but I guess it's from the storytelling standpoint, that it would maybe weird me out to have a doll who was permanently pregnant, rather than pregnant for only a few months. Maybe if the pregnant stomach was a part that could be replaced with a non-pregnant stomach interchangeably?

18. I looked up the pregnant doll from AOD and while I don't particularly like her, I love the fact you actually put the baby inside her. I saw a few people making pregnant bellies for minifee's that are magnetic. I think its really cool, but I don't feel drawn to having a pregnant bjd. Chubby dolls are really cute. I love the pear shape of rap1993's danni, her legs are huge and her top is so tiny I love her aesthetic.

19. im not much of a fan of pregnant ones personally but i would die for a chubby bjd, its nice to re imagine a bigger frame in an elegant bjd style