1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Pregnant and Chubby BJDs

Oct 8, 2013

?
  1. want a chubby one

2. want a pregnant one

3. want both

4. not be interested

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. :doh
      Oh man, the one is too tall and the other too short. My wallet is happy but I do hope somebody creates an awesome 40-48cm eventually.

2. Would love a chubby bjd! I really want Summerbird's Viola. I don't really like the head sculpt though, so maybe a hybrid project?

No on the pregnant dolls.

3. You know...I’ve only just realized that Summerbird Viola’s pixie chest comes with an attachable penis part. Good to know for those who’re looking for a chubby boy, although the curvy pear body is perhaps a bit feminine still.

4. I vote for a chubby boy doll as well.

There are a few girl dolls on the market from independent artists and that's fantastic but I also want a tall boy doll that isn't super thin or really muscular (or than odd combo of the two that's popular).

5. I'd like to have a chubby Doll.
      More variety is always a good thing i guess.

I wouldn't like a Pregnant Doll.
      I don't know, just thinks this would be creepy..

6. I think the idea of an interchangeable tummy is great but have not really seen it in the bjd world. I find it kind of odd really when you consider that the main point of a bjd is that you can customize them. Have seen the interchangeable belly where you can put the baby inside, only in the barbie dolls. Unless anybody knows of any other dolls that have done this?

Yes it would be nice to have more of a selection for chubbier boys. My wallet is the only happy one here as I have not found one I like LOL!

7. This would definitely be ideal. Kind of like a faceplate for the tummy, or an entire lower torso to restring if they wanted to add and remove some of the lower back torso differences. (Or for logistics or aesthetics, fewer seams)

8. Absolutely. I would like chubby boy.
      I wouldn't have anything about chubby girl, but I prefer boys cause they usually have more interesting features.

Pregnant doll...I'm not sure. To be eternally pregnant sounds scarry. Interchangable belly would be much better option in my opinion.

9. There are heaps of chubby dolls but I’m not sure I have seen a pregnant one

10. Chubby dolls are very cute! I'd love to get one. Morningstar Dolls Francisca is to die for adorable and I'm so excited to see what Amanita looks like finished!

Pregnant dolls are... not my cup of tea. I get if it's part of your character's story, but there's something very unnerving about the idea of being eternally pregnant...

11. I think a great idea would be to create silicone pregnant bellies that could be glued to the torso. Even having different sized breast attachments would be great for customization.

12. I want a chubby body for one of my characters. I currently have him on the Dollzone 56 cm female body with a modded chest. It’s not chubby really, but it’s got a thick thighs and booty that make it impossible to buy pants for and i have to make custom pants for him.

13. Argo is going to cast their 1/3 plus size girl body in 1/4 size eventually, yay!

14. I have two chubby dolls: Sleeping Elf Bonbon and a Seed Arts Wol/Summerbird Viola. Love 'em and want more body variety!

This year I also bought the hand-casted pregnant belly from TiffieBJD for the minifee body. I's kind of interesting that we have BJDs these days with literal monster arms growing out of their backs, all varieties of wings, necrotic body parts, animal hooves and paws (and indeed entire lower animal bodies!), and somehow pregnant bodies seem to be the most taboo. :lol:

15. I would love a guy doll that wasn't totally ripped so he would have a bit of a gut on him. I have a character that doesn't have washboard abs that I'd love to have shelled. He's a big, viking-esque guy with strong arms and a gut to him. I would really love to find a doll like that! I mean I can add padding to clothes for him but if he goes shirtless for a photo shoot then to get that bit of a gut I'd have to edit it or even mod the doll and I'm not really comfortable doing that. >.<

16. Bumping an old thread, but I've seen that Dikadoll has some chubby 1/3 doll bodies (both male and female) but I haven't been able to find much information about them. This is the first chubbier SD sized male body that I've seen!

17. I like chubby dolls! They are hard to find casually though..

18. I want a viola body with a Phoenix doll Liu head. I don't know if it would work but Liu head seems wide enough that it may. I did see a hybrid viola recently with another head and she was gorgeous!

19. Oh my goodness, I would love to see a chubby boy!! :')

20. I'm very late to this thread and someone might have already mentioned this, but Island Doll has a 1/3 male body which has a soft appearance. I don't know if "chubby" is the right word, but it might be what someone is looking for and they also have a similar "angel body" aswell: Doll Parts, Island Doll - BJD, BJD Doll, Ball Jointed Dolls - Alice's Collections
      They also have a couple smaller scale bodies with large builds:
      Doll Parts, Island Doll - BJD, BJD Doll, Ball Jointed Dolls - Alice's Collections
      Doll Parts, Island Doll - BJD, BJD Doll, Ball Jointed Dolls - Alice's Collections

Doll Leaves also has a 1/3 male body with a soft build:
      Doll Parts, Doll Leaves - BJD, BJD Doll, Ball Jointed Dolls - Alice's Collections

I hope this helps someone!

#340 ReniColi, Dec 1, 2020
      Last edited: Dec 1, 2020