1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Pregnant and Chubby BJDs

Oct 8, 2013

?
  1. want a chubby one

2. want a pregnant one

3. want both

4. not be interested

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. I found the source for this image, and it's andergib here on Den of Angels. The thread is at http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?357646-My-New-Girl-quot-Eve-quot-(New-BJD-Artist!!)

Also, yes, I'd be in for a doll of these proportions (if the price wasn't too art-doll astronomical!).

2. I'm personally tokophobic so the idea of a pregnant doll doesn't interest me, however I'm all about loving your body and I think chubby bodies are adorable. I would love to have a chubby doll.

3. Chubby, umm not so much. I don't like the idea of having a forever chubby doll..
      BUT- I do like the idea of a forever pregnant doll, lol. I'm weird that way. I'm having this weird interest with painted pregnant bellies. Not a fetish or anything, way far from that, but I find them a great canvas to express yourself in the most unique of ways *-* And you know many pregnant women won't jump for the chance to be "painted", so I'd like a doll that would volunteer for that whether she likes it or not xD

A small sized doll like Marina Bychkova's porcelain babies is what I would be looking for. Nothing big like a 50-70cm doll sitting around pregnant all the time, that would creep me out.

Let me paint your pregnant babiesssss :'D

4. Auds I'm doing my chubby doll (is a project with my boyfriend, but we haven't shown but we hope to have the prototype next months), he'll be small and so sweet!! <3 I really want to finish it, Love chubby dolls!!! ^^ I know pregnant dolls and I like them...I think the artist of pregnant dolls is Aidamaris Roman (forgotten-hearts.com), she's in the Doll House book

5. I personally love chubby dolls... :) Mostly they seem to be artist dolls, even though nowadays there are also wider hips and plump bellies in company dolls.

First chubby dolls I ever saw were Tinybear´s adorable BonBon and CoCo, but never owned one. Domadoll´s lovely little ladies had cutely some extra on the waist, I love my Okja a lot!

As someone earlier asked about a granny doll, there is a Belgian dollmaker Zun which has made an old lady (Otherside Dione)and I am happy owner of one of those rare dolls. I adore those wrinkled details of hers. I´m not sure if she´s on topic here so I only refer to my Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/40817096@N03/9622096880/

For a pregnant belly on doll, I think it would look beautiful, but don´t believe I could have use for such doll. For someone making photostories maybe?

6. I would love to have a chubby doll!! Maybe not so much a pregnant doll - in fact, I've never even seen a pregnant BJD before. That concept is interesting, though.

7. I would love it if there were companies that made chubby sculpts, or even sculpts that represent a wider variety of body types. I'd also really appreciate a company that made breasts that look realistic and are affected by gravity...same goes for natural fat deposits. I like weird doll bodies.

8. I'm not really interested in a chubby doll. That isn't an aesthetic I really enjoy personally...

As for a pregnant doll, I've considered making my minifee pregnant for a while, but I wouldn't want a permanently pregnant sculpt. I feel that would be very limiting, in terms of story and character development.

9. Hmm I don't have much interest in a pregnant doll for any reason, but I think a chubby doll would be really cute!!! It'd have to be within reason because I could see some problems with moving and posing a larger bodied doll, since resin doesn't work the same way squishy human parts do and finding clothes would be difficult if you couldn't sew, but I think in theory it's a very cute idea!

10. I would love love love a chubby bjd o-o;; I'm certainly chubby myself, it'd be great to see body types like mine represented in dolls. I'm liking the more pear shaped dolls that are coming out, with they're chunky thighs and rounder bellies, I'd love to see it go a little further into the upper torso and especially the face. chubby cheekies on a bjd would just be too cute XD

11. I voted yes for the chubby one. Pregnant one would be quite nice too, as I find pregnanat women beautiful, but always-preggo character is bit impractical.

12. How ironic that this topic be brought up now! I've had my female Soom for a while now, and when I recently purchased my first1/3 boy I thought it would have been funny to come home & find they had made a yosd!

Ever since I've been trying to figure out how a company could do that! :) Funny how people tend to think along the same lines!

13. I'm curious if there are pregnant bjd's. I don't think so. But I wish it was,I would really buy one. Would you consider to buy one?

14. I have never seen a pregnant BJD. I think it would be a really neat idea to make a pregnant belly you could put on a bjd, make her look pregnant... it would be sweet. I personally would not be interested in a permantly pregnant bjd, though.

15. Thanks so much for the links! I wish I could buy a pregnant resin doll,not to make one myself..But uhm maybe after more than 9 months it would be boring and she can't wear all clothes.

16. there was a barbie doll with a magnetic pregnant belly, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to do that for a bjd!

17. I love weird body types. It would be pretty neat to see some body diversity.