1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Prime Frame discussion

Jul 2, 2022

1. Sorry if this is duplicate thread but i can't find any Prime Frame bjd (pfdoll.com) thread

Just want to see any reviews about their resin and their new 70 body

2. I'm eventually planning to buy a 65cm and 70cm body as I have 2 of their heads but I have to skip buying them this time around. PF doesn't do layaway and they didn't do the May release like they said they would on their twitter (when I had the funds lol). I hope someone else can purchase and do a review of them. I'd love to see some owner photos.

3. @RebelViva do you know of any other companies whose bodies would work? I also have a floating head but I'm not crazy about the PF body, it's a bit too tall.

4. I like Lantana but I really shouldn't order more heads with no plans haha :sweat

I have the 70cm body in Porcelain! It's a pretty good match for Switch Rosy White in person. I've got a Morolab2 Iha in Pearly White on it and the match is also close but not as close as Switch.

Here are some pictures!
      Iha on 70cm Prime Frame body next to Switch HD Attractive 65 body
      [​IMG]

He can put his hands behind his head
      [​IMG]

Elbow and knee joints have peanuts and don't look very natural. Can't really be hidden by clothes either as shown in the photo above too. I do like that he can touch his shoulders and face. His back is slightly slouched here.
      [​IMG]

Had to take off his pants because I can't pose his legs with the jeans on :lol:

I couldn't get a knee any higher up than this without him falling over backwards but Prime Frame's instagram has shown the knees closer to the chest so I'm sure it's possible. The body has knotches in the joints but the left thigh on mine kept rotating out of place so I got a bit fed up with it and stopped trying. :sweat He can most likely lean forward here but I forgot to try.
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

He's pretty stable on his knees
      [​IMG]

Compared to other SD bodies I have, the Prime Frame 70cm is the most finicky. It doesn't hold poses as easily or get into poses as easily but I do think it has the potential for some cool stuff like their instagram has shown. While I like the general look, I don't think I would get another body mostly due to how the elbows and knees look too squared off and unnatural even under clothes.

Here's a quick resin comparison too though the lighting isn't even.
      [​IMG]
      The stomach is Prime Frame Porcelain. Then going clockwise from the top headcap is Morolab 2021 Pearly White, Switch 2020 Rosy White, Luts White, Dream Valley White, Doll Family H matched to 2019 Illusion Garden Lace White. The photo isn't the most accurate to what it looks like in person but the Illusion Garden and Dream Valley have yellow undertones while Morolab and Switch have pink undertones. My Luts doesn't have a noticeable pink or yellow undertone but looks a bit closer to the pink undertoned white resins than the yellow undertoned ones.

Hope this helps!

5. thank you so much!
      I'm kinda interested in lantana too but have to skip bc i have other head from Switch with the same vibe (ryuzo persona)

i see their 70body mobility testing in their promo pics that's why I want to see other owner review! It's look pretty nice and stable body
      Thank you:)

6. Like @Ekuisun mentioned switch rosy white is a match. I know switch rosy white is also close to Miracle doll white. I was hoping to get a Miracle doll body in white to match the porcelain since they are a bit more fem for one of my boys. But since Switch is a match that could work too. (Also similar to Morolab2 white so it could potentially work for another head as well)

I would look at the neck hole measurements tbh, thats how I have been making educated guesses. So far it does look like Switch, Miracle Doll and DFH (they can resin match Switch) is the best options.

7. Thanks so much!

8. Thanks so much for the pictures! The resin comparisons also help a lot. I really want Narcissus and Daffodil, but I was not that interested in the PF body either.
      I wish there were owner pics of Daffodil and Narcissus... :atremblin Hopefully PF does a general order later in the year.

9. I also totally forgot I had previously posted a PF and Switch headcap comparison!! :doh I posted it for The Voice resin match like a month ago so it completely slipped my mind. PF headcap is from 2021 and Switch is from 2022.

Soom is also a match for The Voice which only seems a bit more darker than PF in the photo. Soom resin also varies though so depending on the batch it could be more or less of a match. A PF head would probably fit better on a Super Gem or ID72 body though.

I am getting my ID75 Edgar in NS next week hopefully so i can see how it fits on an ID75 body but likely too small as its way too small for The Voice which heads can swap between ID75. I should be getting a Luts SSDF boy at the end of this month/early August so I can also update with that too.

Last note, my NS Continus head did look good on the Loong Soul 73cm body I have, but from my comparison French yellow is noticeably lighter. You can see one of the official resin comparison pics here but French Yellow it is actually much lighter than photos Loong Soul provides so French Real Skin likely is too and probably more of a match to PF Petal/NS. My WS Continus Nocturn Prime Frame head is off at faceup but when he is back if he matches I will post!

[​IMG]

10. Anyone planning to get their new work in process heads? Cho-Oh Lin looks so gorgeous with the faceup that was shown on their workroom Twitter account :3nodding:

11. I heard from a friend that their body posability is good, but I haven't seen any photos or videos proving that.

Their heads are so gorgeous though, I'm in love with Narcissus and Lantana!

12. In case anyone was curious, they plan to rerelease Lantana in December! I'm not sure if others are planned at that time since I only asked about the one, but something to look forward to for Christmas :D

13. Thanks! I regretted not getting Lantana.

14. Can anyone confirm the 65cm original body does not have magnet hands and feet?

15. River

[​IMG]