1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Problems With Volks Super Dollfie Cute Kurenai SdCute

Apr 12, 2005

1. Mmm. This is something I've noticed. In all other respects Nai's posing is everything I'd ever wanted from a doll and didn't even know it because I didn't think it was POSSIBLE.

And his head is pretty good too. He looks down, he looks to the side, he tilts... He just doesn't look UP. It'll go up a couple of milimetres, but he can't really actually look UP.

I wonder if part of it might be the way his head is designed... I've noticed that while Lukas has more head mobility than Nai, he's still a little limited. It's the same problem I had with old Nai's head before I strung him properly - It wouldn't move much. Taking him apart and stringing him so the headcap was actually ON the S-hook made it a lot more posable.

Howeverrrr...... Volks dolls don't HAVE that kind of system. Lukas' headcap is held on with the infamous rubber band(This isn't about SD13s, so you get to be spared my rant on THAT lovely idea), and Nai's is magnetic.

While this is all fine and well and makes for REALLY easy eye changes and head removal on Nai, hotglue aside... Well, there's no hook on the head to put the S-hook OVER. It just kind of sits there in its little depression. So... Is it that? Is the tension on the head bottom from having the S-hook sitting there making it less posable? Is it something with the shaping of his neck? Is it something with the shaping of the back of the head? I mean, it doesn't SEEM to come down too much, but...

Any other Arashi owners notice this? How have you dealt with/tried to fix it? I know it's something small, but one thing I love is when I've got a doll sitting next to me looking UP at me.

(Anyone have a suggestion for optimal stringing length for him, while I'm at it? He was floppy when I got him, and I re-strung him, but I'm not sure about the tension - Dunno if he's too tight now or too loose or both. (Like... Loose arms tight body or tight arms loose body) I need to play with him more to get a feel for it...

2. Well, I don't have an Arashi, (yet... glares at empty bank). However, my Sonya (Kurenai) is unable to look up either. It seems that it's the mold of the head, it's hitting a point on the neck where it doesn't have anywhere to go. I've considered doing something to modify that, but haven't gotten the gumption to try.

I'll take a better eye to it later tonight.

3. I've seen an MSD with the back of the neck opening on the head sanded down, so that she could look almost vertically up. You could try that. :-) These dolls are meant to be customized!

4. My Arashi doesn't straight up either, but I found it kind of cute if you tilt the head and then turn the face upwards. That worked for Valin and it might be a good temp solution until you get the sandpaper out. Another thing is in how you seat him. You can lean him back on his arms so that his body is slightly pointed up and then his head doesn't have to go as far.

5. Friends 2B Made clothing fit SDC really well - http://www.friends2bmade.com/shop/default.aspx. The skirts and shirts do, but the pants and shorts don't fit very well.

Also, some MSD clothing will fit SDC, but some of it may be a bit loose.

DOD clothing fits them as well: http://www.dreamofdoll.com/

I've also been told that some U-noa clothes can fit SDC, but I haven't tried yet.

I'm not entirely sure about the Mini Fae clothing, but since they supposedly fit U-noa, they might fit SDC as well.

Hope this helps!

6. Jibrille is right! Do to personal experience, I found that Dream of Doll clothes fit my SDC Arashi very well.

7. *cough* Not to hijack the thread or anything, but what sort of wigs would fit on a sdc? Would msd and kid delf wigs be too big? What about leeke wigs? I know that the smaller leeke doll-sized wigs will fit an unoa, but sdcs always struck me as having a larger head, for some reason.

8. Msd wigs are a little to big, and I don't know about leeke wigs or kid delf wigs as I don't own any, but DOD wigs fit wonderfully. :) Melora swears by them :3

9. Can anyone tell me what size wigs an SDC wears? Volks' page makes it look like it's a different size from MSD, but I'm not sure if that's because MSD heads are a little bigger or smaller. Can SDC dolls wear DOD wigs? Any information would help. Thanks!

10. I have heard that SDC's can wear DOD wigs well, even though I'm pretty sure DOD heads are a little bit bigger than SDC heads. ^_^ MSD heads are bigger than DOD and SDC heads, though I can get my Volks MSD wig to stay on my SDC okay with velcro. It's not the best fit though.

If you're shopping at a doll supply shop, a size 6-7 (or just a 7) would be your best bet.

11. Volks MSDs wear approx. a size 7"-8" wig.
      SDCs and DoDs wear approx. a size 6"-7" wig.

SDC heads look a little bigger than DoD to me, but generally they do wear the same size ^^ (like Unoa, Serendipity, Petiti Ai, You-SD, etc.).

(Since Volks SDC wigs are elasticated, some Volks MSDs can wear them, too).

12. My Arashi seems to fit DOD wigs best, although they're a little small, and MSD wigs can fit him perfectly, or be a bit big. So I'd say he's between the two - 7", probably :oops:

13. I'm curious to know what clothes fit SDC boys. I know they're a little taller than Volks' MSDs, so I don't want to buy anything that might not fit. Does anyone have experience with DOD clothes on Arashi? My biggest worry is that the pants won't be long enough or that something won't fit XP

14. Arashi does fit into DOD or MSD clothes quite well. Before I sold my Hoo inorder to keep Jericho's new SDC "shell," I did try his fullset outfit on him. The only slight difference was that the trouser's layed straight and less baggy on Arashi compared to Hoo. I hope that sort of helps. I wish I took some comparison shots at the time. >_<

15. A quick comparison pic I took a while ago, so you can see the differences :) Generally they can share clothes very well, but DOD trousers can be a little short and wide in the waist on Arashi =)

[​IMG]

16. I know that DOD wigs fit really well.^^

17. Can anyone tell me if MSD shoes will fit SDC Ren. I've noticed that her feet seem slimmer. In which case, where do we buy shoes for this cutie?
      Thank you,
      Anna M.

18. SDC feet do seem a bit slimmer than MSD but I use the MSD shoes and the fit is fine. There is a lot of variation amongst different dollfie co. MSD feet and shoe sizes though! It gets frustrating trying to figure out what will fit. For the most part I stick to Volks and DOD shoes.

19. I don't have Ren, by my Kurenai, Sonya, fits DollHeart shoes well.

20. I'd also recommend Dollheart, their shoes seem to be a nice fit for my Mini Fee and also SDC's.

And congrats on finding your Ren! :D