1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Props and Accessories you can't find or want to recommend

Aug 14, 2021

1. I thought it might be nice to have a thread dedicated to the things we've found for our dolls that are awesome, and also things we're looking for but haven't found yet that others might have spotted somewhere. I did search and didn't find anything similar, so I hope I haven't missed it.

Props I can recommend are:

World's Smallest Fisher Price toys for Lati Yellow or dolls of that size
      20cm replica acoustic guitars for MiniFee or dolls of the same size
      Miniature Portable Marshall amp for 65+cm dolls
      Teeny-Tiny Turntable record player works for Minifee
      Handbros hand skateboards works for 65-70cm dolls

Items I'm searching for but can't find:

Replica sports bike or Harley Davidson for 70cm dolls
      30cm replica guitars
      Wall paper that is MSD SD size compatible for diaramas
      Converse or Vans for Minifee that don't look oversized and too wide at the toe

2. Porcelain doll sofas or other furniture (look at it second-hand or in antique stores) are good and often more affordable than BJD-furniture and can be a pretty close match! (Sizes vary)

Medicine cabinets can be good wardrobes for MSD, add some feet and it can be a small wardrobe for an SD!

Tiger Coppenhagen (and those similar stores that sell stuff for rock-bottom prices) has a lot of small stuff that could fit MSD/small SD

Legami makes some vintage small stuff like a newton's cradle and a radio that could be good for MSD/small SD.

Items that I haven't found yet (alternatively haven't crafted yet):

-A SD-sized bow and arrow/crossbow (I know there are some store on Etsy that sells them, but I haven't found one matching my taste)
      -A SD-sized loom (There are some in the craft store, but I don't like the space between the rope. I could buy one and modify it)
      -A SD-sized crown and sword (There are some on Etsy, not matching my taste.)

#2 lyaam12, Aug 14, 2021
      Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
    3. One thing I do for this is buy a digital pattern to use as wallpaper, scale in Photoshop, and then have it printed out on bigger paper at at a printing center like at Staples. You'd have to apply the adhesive yourself but it's still the best way I can think of so far for MSD/SD wallpaper.

4. That's smart....I'll do that lol

5. I purchased a toothpick crossbow on eBay, and it works fairly well for SD scale (it's a touch on the small side for my 70cm guys, but it looks a bit like the one handed crossbow from VanHelsing)

As for swords, I've found that letter opener swords work very well for SDs, although the grip can sometimes be a bit big. The best ones are the vintage ones given to military graduates (although these are a bit expensive)

That aside: children's tea sets sometimes work for SDs, and christmas ornaments miniatures are often the perfect size.
      Salesman miniatures are perfect for MSDs, and some of them work for smaller SDs as well.

Things I'm searching for:
      SD scale chandeliers, lanterns, and other lighting accessories

6. Dog/pet furniture can sometimes make great SD furniture as well. I have a SD hanging chair that looks like one of those hanging egg chairs from etsy that's actually made for pets.

7. You can sometimes find chandeliesrs made to be used as cake toppers. They are plastic, but if you prime and paint them they can look pretty good, especcially if you keep them in the background. They take cake candles.

It's worth looking at higher end, battey powered doll house lights. Some wall mounted scones and such are not very scale sensitive as in real life they come in all sorts of sizes. Depending on proportion and style you can even be lucky and find a doll house floor lamp that works as a small table lamp for bigger dolls.

8. Spray-on glue would probably work well here! I bought some for a non-dolly project, and it was really easy to cover larger surface areas in a short amount of time. I was working with tissue paper, so there was a little bleedthrough in areas where I'd sprayed more strongly, but I imagine that wouldn't be an issue at all with thicker paper.

9. I'd recommend BJD facebook groups and Etsy. For me, Etsy has had even the most obscure prop just by combing over a few searches. It might not be listed as a prop, but it definitely can be used as one. Both Facebook and Etsy have Prop makers who are new and have lower commission prices. Not just that, both also have people who sell slightly used and much less expensive props. Only Facebook has dedicated less then $10-$20 or just pay shipping groups with props.

10. Rings as 1/4 scale bracelets/bangles are the big one I find myself using a lot.
      Pendants as accessories too - for example I had a rose with a stem charm that was the perfect scale for my 1/4 doll to hold

Stuff I would love to find:

1/4 scale traditional chinese instruments (I have some but not all)
      1/4 scale chinese style upholstery (cushions and the like in a suitable fabric)

And not exactly a prop....

But I haven't been able to find a custom storage bag maker for my dolls. The boxes take up way too much room and I'd love to get them all their own unique bags to sleep in. No luck so far though.

11. Dog/cat/pet hats make awesome doll hats! I love it when Halloween rolls around so I can pick some up. Crossing my fingers for more cowboy hats this year. I can also second the letter openers as swords. It's easy to find MSD sized ones, but most are too little for the bigger 65cm+ dolls. Which is a shame since my dolls that need them are all big!

I'd love to be able to get some nice large-SD sized axes, especially hand axes/battle axes. I found a vintage ice chipper (maybe? Everyone I've asked is a little unsure) that works but I need one more!

#11 Thymeseer, Aug 15, 2021
      Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
    12. I own and ride 3 Piaggio scooters, a vintage’78 P125, 2016 Vespalxv 150 and a 2020 Liberty… so, obviously my crew really want a proper scooter that’s better than those made for 18” play dolls…. They make use of that 1 here… so, ya, a real looking Vespa sized for any of my SD or SDM family would be an awesome treasure here..

13. My life doll accessories work very well with MSD bjd's.

I love finding things for the 1/6 bjd's

I use esty to find bjd furniture for my 1/6 and 1/4 bjd's

Wish I could find more 1/6 props that didn't cost a arm/leg to get also wish barbie furniture was no so girly.

14. Yes, this! There doesn't yet seem to be lighting made specifically for BJDs. I've been searching for a chandelier too. If I ever come across one, I'll add it here. I guess it would be fairly easy to make one using fine wire and crystals.

Kmart is a good place to check regularly for things that work for BJDs. I got a toy doll sized wicker chair that works for my 70cm boy. Not sure it's going to stay though because it doesn't fit his aesthetic. Fussy creatures, these BJDs! I made an egg chair using two plastic bowls and some hot glue from Kmart that was super cheap. I made a no-sew cushion for it and it works perfectly for my minifee.

And of course Etsy is fantastic for furniture made especially for BJDs.

15. The hardest accessories to find for me:

-Fingerless gloves for SD boys that aren't leather
      -Scarves that are not colorful and are in scale. Most I find are out of scales knit/crochet or just don't hang right because of the thickness of the fabric. Or the colors are too bright or feminine. Or they're too short. I want long, goth/punk, in scale scarves that hang nicely.
      -Rings. I've bought so many beautifully in scale, detailed, high quality rings from BJDouterie on Etsy, and I highly recommend them, but I'm always on the hunt for more styles and artists.

16. For the bike, it depends on what your 70cm doll actually falls into scale wise but some of the “pocket bikes” people ride might work… (Please note that they ARE fully functional and hundreds of dollars usually:sweat)

I’m also THIS CLOSE to giving up and making my own mid century style SD furniture instead of trying to find some to buy

#16 Mirth, Aug 16, 2021
      Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
    17. The little bags you get if you buy small cosmetic items from Chanel work well as designer clothing bags for 65+ dolls if your dolls are the kind to use such things. :lol:

Ikea Pax wardrobes work well as a large diorama or storage for all sizes.