1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Public theft, bad neighbourhoods, and dolly safety: worries vs. realism

Sep 24, 2010

1. I absolutely agree. A thief is only going to steal if they have the oppurtunity to do so. When I'm at a meet my dolls are either on my person or sitting right in front of me. I never them unattended. And if I have to go somewhere I only leave them with someone that I know and trust.

2. I concur with the above. I work in a well-paid government office. Every employee is screened before they're hired, and if you're caught committing a criminal offence - ANY criminal offence, then your job is gone (our job is related to law enforcement, which is why they're so strict about that). BUT employee theft (and crime) still happens far more often than you'd think - not just the 'office supplies' variety - I'm talking cash taken from someone's wallet, scratch lottery tickets and copious amounts of food, just to give a few minor examples. To suggest that theft never occurs in such an environment is just a little naive. I'm very sure it does happen in the post office, probably at all levels who have access to mail.

Does that mean I'd be afraid to bring dolls to work? No. Because nobody at my work is particularly interested in them and since I've only ever brought them in on night shift, where there's only a few of us there, it would be pretty easy to track down the culprit. Honestly, though - I'm far more worried about my iPod or laptop going missing. I bring both of those to work every day, though. So far nothing has happened, but the possibility is always there. I just don't spend my entire life worrying about it.

As for in a bad neighborhood, like above, I'm far more worried about my identifiable electronics being swiped than the dolls.