1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Puki Eyes???

Apr 20, 2010

1. Hi Everyone
      I just got these 8mm eyes for my Rose but they just look to big to me!!!
      I am wondering, if I order 6mm will they be too small?
      Also, can you use oval eyes in Puki?
      ...thinking I'm going to go for brown next time too ;)
      Thanks

[​IMG]

2. 8mm is the default size, but if you want 6mm they work as well. They make them look more mature. :)

3. Great - thankyou so much :-)
      I just didn't want to spend money on them if they were not going to fit ;-)

4. Different brands of eyes have different iris sizes - looks like those are 8mm but the irises are unusually big! You could try 6mm or a brand with smaller irises in 8mm.

5. Those do look like huuuuge irises on 8mm eyes O.o 6mm eyes do work either way, my Pipi has a 6mm and an 8mm eye in, the 6mm one seems to make him look older (I would have a pair of 6mm eyes in him but I cannot find the right colour for his other eye in 6mm size X.x)

6. can someone point me in the direction of a good place to get some nice brown eyes to fit puki.
      I have no idea which suppliers have smaller irises...

7. I know Glib eyes work great, since they are the kind that FL uses as default puki eyes. I don't know how the iris size is in comparison to other brands thought, since that's the only kind I have.

8. My Puki's 6mm eye is by Glib, I think I ordered them from Parabox as I was doing a large order from there, but they can be found about. They are really nice (his other eye is a Masterpiece silicone eye, lovely but more expensive than his other one)

9. Anyone know where to find 8mm or 6mm glass eyes? I've seen a handfull but they've either been on eBay or not-so-great quality. I've been looking for glass pupilless ones in blue or green. Anything in the $5 - $20 range would be grand :daisy I've got marketplace access, so I'll buy them secondhand if you're selling a pair, just to throw that out there xD

10. I got 8mm glass eyes from Ebay - from Mimiwoo i think, and they work great in my Puki.

11. Mimiwoo's eyes are good, but she doesn't sell pupilless. I know they exist, I've seen them around, I just don't know where they come from.

12. My other puki (though now a brownie) has a pair of mimiwoo glass eyes, though indeed, none are pupilless. All I can think of for pupilless is that there are some on the marketplace, or maybe a group order for glass eyes going through that sometimes come up with pupilless

13. I just bought a pair of eyes in a group order from Captured in glass. Around $10 a pair, and they are really nice. The iris size does run a little large, so you might want to go 6mm ir you want a less doe-eyed puki. And they do offer pupiless eyes I believe. :)

14. Kiyoshi45 - thankyou :-) I was wondering what the default eyes were that FL use - I like them!

...DDE have the Glib eyes so I'm ordering some right now!!! Thanks to everyone for your help!

15. Zuka Engel I was going to say Captured in Glass too. I have some of their eyes and I really like them. They don't sell 6mm normaly but you can get them to make 6mm for you. They are a bit more expensive though but I don't remember how much. You can find them here.

Dustbunnie

16. These two sites have glass eyes in 8mm, and some of them are not exactly pupilless but the pupils are in a just slightly darker shade than the iris. So not black anyways.

Hope that you can find what you need! ^_^

http://www.denverdoll.com/eyesglassbrilliant.php

http://www.triskelfantasy.com/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=508

EDIT: I found a french site that have pupilless eyes in many sizes and colours, real pretty!! They look like glass, but I can't really read to be sure:sweat

http://winddoll.creezvotreboutique.com/index.php?cPath=99_185_192