1. Become a DoA Archivist!
    Volunteers Needed!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Mod team regrets to inform the community that Mirodoll is now banned from Den of Angels. Please view the following thread:
    Mirodoll Banned from DoA
    Dismiss Notice

Question about Volks Chii - did they make the rest of the characters?

Jul 4, 2006

1. Hey everyone ^_^ I Heard that Volks made six anime based dolls as well as Chii. Does anyone have any information on the other five dolls? Have i been misinformed?

Thanks ^_^

2. There's a Shinku from Rozen Maiden, Yumi and Shouko from Maria-sama ga Miteru, Momoko from Shimotsuma Monogatari, And I believe Ria is an anime girl as well, although I can't recall from what if she is. I thought there were more than these as well, but a comprehensive list of all released volks dolls can be found here:

http://www.denofangels.com/sdabout.html

(And it's where I got my info. ^_^)

3. Well I could be overlooking some..but all I know of are Rosa Chinensis en Bouton Yumi Fukuzawa (Mimi mold) and Sachiko Ogasawara (SD13 4 sisters mold), Rozen Maiden Shinku, and then I guess you could count Momoko Ryugasaki because she's a collaboration doll with Baby, the Stars Shine Bright.

Edit before even posting, guess I got beat! There's more links though.

4. Thanks ^_^ They don't seem as obvious as chii does...

5. I think Chii just seems obvious to us because Chobits was really popular outside of Japan. ^_^

6. They also made a DD Rei from Eva.

7. UWAH! A Momoko doll!?

8. Last one I saw on Y!J went for $7000, I wouldn't get my heart set on her ;)

9. Aww, that is the suck. But I guess that's the price for "limited edition"
      A really pretty dress from LUTS costs nearly as much as the doll because it's "limited to 10 worldwide"...But...so...pretty...

10. There were a lot of anime based Dollfie Dream dolls made, a lot of them from animes I"m not familiar with...

11. I just thought Chii looked more obvious because of her face shape :P I also thought at first that she was a dollfie dream :P

12. I believe she does have a DD dream head, only it was cast in resin instead of the DD vinyl.

13. I'm not sure about this, but a long time ago when Ria was still listed for sale on the Volks Internaitional site I think she was described as "Rio's little sister". Also the designer for Ria also designed Chinese Rio and made a matching one-off set of Ria and Rio. http://www.superdollfie.net/sd/one_off/images/oneof_rioria.jpg

The DollfieDream Asakura Nemu, Shirakawa Kotori, and Asakura Nemu Memorial Bride version are from the anime D.C.~ Da Capo and Shirakawa Sayaka is from Suika.

I don't know of any other dolls based off of anime characters in the 1/3 scale made by Volks, besides those which have been listed in the previous posts.