1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Rainman Discussion

Sep 24, 2018

1. Rainman will release her next month! For what I know, the price will be around 120 USD blank, 220 with make up. If you get both versions (open eyed and sleeping) he will offer free shipping and a pair of sunflasses as a gift!!! I'm definitely getting her!!!

As for matching, I asked him and he said the head will fit the previous elfdoll bodies, but he's working in a new one since he doesn't work with elfdoll anymore. She will be released in normal skin (which matches elfdoll normal skin color, he says) only this time, but there will be more releases in the future. Ah and for those of you who asked, he will accept only paypal as payment method

Finally: eye size will be 10-12 mm and wig size is 7-8. She's on the small side for an SD sized head.

Rainman,sculptor, on Instagram: “#swalina #sculpture #bjddoll #bjd #gift “The glass is gift for who buy faceup head.The release time would be early October.Thank you~~”

#21 yrdin_y_luna, Sep 28, 2018
      Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
    2. Oooh, if he can make the faceup look good as that rendering, I'd get the faceup!

3. Oh wow, I wouldn't have guessed that! I was thinking she'd be more on par with Super Gems from her proportions. Doesn't make me any less excited, though maybe I won't put her next to a Volks. :P

4. In his later works Rainman used to go on the realistic side and I think that since Hazy, most of his SD heads were more or less those proportions. I have Rita and Yuan and they both use small wigs and eyes. Though I must admit Blina's eyes seemed to be bigger in the pictures.

5. Wow, that's absolutely gorgeous! I'm already thinking about getting both heads, and free shipping is a pretty tempting option to do so.
      Also wonderful news about the size and skin color. So possibly she would be compatible with Oasisdoll bodies... Great.

6. Rainman said soon he will provide pictures of her in a full body, I suppose he will post them in his instagram. That will help us to have an idea about her proportions.

About resin match, the problem with both Oasis Doll and Elfdoll as far as I remember is that there used to be batches of colors which didn't match between themselves... But I personally don't have much problem with that, I tend to solve it with blushing.

7. I always knew Rainman would get me eventually, haha. I'll be able to help a lot with resin matching if I can nab a Blina, given that I handle so many dolls.

For the resin-matching, other good options for that pinky normal type are april story and some of the chinese companies with 'pink type' ns options and supia. Normally you can stay within 90-98% match that way (recent oasis dolls have been more yellow).

8. Yes yes, that's all very nice and all, but why doesn't he just SELL HER ALREADY?!?! (jk, LOL) .

Not joking is how hard it is to see something awesome, then have to wait just to buy it, then wait to get it home, LOL. You'd think we, or I should say I would be a patient person from being in this hobby, but nope! Never gets easy!

9. These are the latest news I got! You only have to wait 2 days!!

Blina [Resin head]
      Resin head 1 ea -> 120$ (+30$ Shipping fee)
      ---------------------------------------------------
      Resin head X 2 (Free Shipping,GIft Glasses) Make Up Head 1 ea -> 220$ (Free Shipping,Gift Glasses)
      The gift Glasses is for 1 person 1 Glasses.
      ---------------------------------------------------
      [Notice] Blina will be released from 3th October(pls check korea time zone).
      This head fit into SD size body.(But i am not sure it match all SD bodys. Each company has different neck size so please check the specific size written above before ordering.
      Make up delivery can be started after 45 days minimum. Depense on artist's condition and casting facfory schedule, it will be adjusted. Thank you for your kind understanding about flexible delivery schedule. Resin color is normal color.(Not snow white,not dark color)
      Please be aware that condition of photo or screen can cause color difference. I would like to surprise you by giving a little gift(black sunglasses) as I was so glad with your cheerful welcome about comeback of BJD doll. But if I give it out everybody, it makes me poorman.
      Therefore I'll release Blina for 3 days only and give all of you the gift except customers buying only one resin head. 2nd sale is for different make up version & skin color. 1st sale is for normal resin head (normal color) so please be noted​

10. I look forward to seeing her on a body so we can get a sense of proportion. I have another floating head that is 19.5cm (7.7"), and if they could share bodies that would be great!

I think I'll be waiting for the white skin preorder, since if she does fit on the body I have in mind it is a Dollshe/Dollstown Fresh color and most "Normal" skin colors seem noticeably darker. I can probably blush a white head to match Fresh.

11. @yrdin_y_luna thanks for all the updates! (Also hi! It's great to see you!) :)

12. She's lovely, and I look forward to seeing owner pictures! Glad to see Rainman back.

13. Oh wow, need to find $$$ now, LOL

14. (Waves back to @Alewife)

She's already up for sale!!!

[상품명]

Buying method is quite simple, though please take care since payment doesn't lead you to a paypal page. Once you place your order you'll get an order confirmation which gives you a paypal address. I made the payment after getting that page and used the order number as reference. I will let you know as soon as I receive confirmation.

15. I actually placed my order 6 hours ago and contacted rainman because I didnt get an email confirmation.. I thought maybe it was up much earlier, so I placed my order worried she might sell out. He told me it was a mistake she went up early and fixed it to be up in the correct time lol...

My status still shows as awaiting payment, but he did confirm that everything was fine. I did the same as @yrdin_y_luna |(thank you for always keeping us up to date btw) and put in my order number in the payment message. Probably the status will be manually updated later with an email confirmation maybe.

Very excited for this order, I got both heads and will modify the sleeping head to be a little bit open, like a dreaming eyes. Excited for those amazing sunglasses :D I will put her on the model SID body, and will get his body if he releases one later for his dolls

16. Wow you were fast! I saw the page opened 4 hours ahead on time and I wrote to Rainman asking if it was right to order so soon but he said please to wait until 00:00 Korean time. If all of us were so impatient as you and me, I bet he will find a lot of sales when he wakes up (I think mine was number 20, BTW XD)

17. Oops, I ordered Blina too, and I am a bit afraid now. I placed my order number in PP message and sent an email to Rainman. I didn't received any confirmation yet :(
      @GreenTeaSlug where did you ask him, via email or on Instagram?

18. I had a fever so I was hallucinating and my mind is groggy, I wasnt sure what time it was and I just refreshed the open tabs with one eye open and saw the page and went oh ok time to order. Seeing the order page made me open both eyes to make sure it was real and it wasnt a fever hallucination XD

Mine is number 3X in the order number so either there were 3X people who ordered before or its just a random number

Im am sure and happy this preorder will be a success, his work is beautiful and there are many that make amazing male doll sculpts, but for female doll sculpts, theres a certain look that is popular, so it is very refreshing to see RainMan back again and make something distinctive and different

@Rook_Sever I sent him a DM because after I made the order I saw it wasnt even OCT 3 in Korea, and was worried I ordered wrong and that it was going to be voided

I didnt get a confirmation and still dont have it, and when I check the order status, it still shows order awaiting payment. I think this is the case for everyone, and that the order status will manually change later. I think as long as you have your order number in the message of the paypal payment, you are okay :)

19. It's good to know he's getting a lot of sales. :)

20. Well, that went so fast, and I just blew a bunch of $$ so I'ma gonna miss out :( But looks like he will do more sales in the future :)